Josh Caddy

Range Rover

Do you think Caddy is worth it in that deal?

It ensures, assuming a conversation occurs over the likelihood of GC getting 13 in the event they go for Viney occurs, we get this:

3, 4, Caddy and Viney.

And not this:

Viney, 4, 13, and 30.

So the deal would net:

3 and Caddy for 13 and 30.

I would do that deal.

(I think that makes sense - tell me if I am getting into 'olisik level logic fail'...)

Edited by rpfc

It ensures, assuming a conversation occurs over the likelihood of GC getting 13 in the event they go for Viney occurs, we get this:

3, 4, Caddy and Viney.

And not this:

Viney, 4, 13, and 30.

So the deal would net:

3 and Caddy for 13 and 30.

I would do that deal.

(I think that makes sense - tell me if I am getting into 'olisik level logic fail'...)

Yep that seems to work. I'm just worried that Caddy for 13 (even taking into account the 'no bid on Viney clause') will work out to be a big loss for us when the calibre of the players we could have taken is shown, though that could be a long way down the track. He just doesn't look convincing out on the field.

Edited by ThePassenger

Guest KingDingAling

Yep that seems to work. I'm just worried that Caddy for 13 (even taking into account the 'no bid on Viney clause') will work out to be a big loss for us when the calibre of the players we could have taken is shown, though that could be a long way down the track. He just doesn't look convincing out on the field.

Caddy is exactly what we need, he is tough as nails and can play inside or out - and kick goals.

If Kennedy or Garlett slide to 13, we'd be pretty happy if we had it - or even Stringer, but thats unlikely.

Someone has to slide though.

We can't really lose to take Caddy at 13 or keep, we should get a good player regardless.

Can't understand the people that think we can do some kind of "don't bid on Viney" deal with teams... It's against the AFL's rules and whichever team we tried to make said deal with could then pick him and we wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

It's not Supercoach guys...

Can't understand the people that think we can do some kind of "don't bid on Viney" deal with teams... It's against the AFL's rules and whichever team we tried to make said deal with could then pick him and we wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Supercoach? You can't even do deals across competitiors...

These deals are pretty straightforward and hardly controversial - the two teams we are dealing with are just doing what is in their best interest by not stepping all over us.

GWS want Pick 3 and GC want Tippett - if our picks can help them get those things, then they will be less inclined to screw us over.

And stuie, do you remember The Veale Deal?

Because you should - it involved our Backline Coach: The Bulldogs wanted the Hawk Rawlings, but so did the Kangas, and Rawlings wanted to go to the Kangas. The Bulldogs had first pick in the PSD and then this happened:

Ess Got: Mark Alvey and ND6

Ess Gave: Danny Jacobs

Haw Got: Danny Jacobs

Haw Gave: Lochlan Veale

WB Got: Lochlan Veale

WB Gave: Pick 6 and Alvey

All this to stop the Hawks from trading Jade Rawlings to the Kangas and force him into the draft and to a club he didn't want to go to.

What we would do is far more innocent.

Supercoach? You can't even do deals across competitiors...

These deals are pretty straightforward and hardly controversial - the two teams we are dealing with are just doing what is in their best interest by not stepping all over us.

GWS want Pick 3 and GC want Tippett - if our picks can help them get those things, then they will be less inclined to screw us over.

And stuie, do you remember The Veale Deal?

Because you should - it involved our Backline Coach: The Bulldogs wanted the Hawk Rawlings, but so did the Kangas, and Rawlings wanted to go to the Kangas. The Bulldogs had first pick in the PSD and then this happened:

Ess Got: Mark Alvey and ND6

Ess Gave: Danny Jacobs

Haw Got: Danny Jacobs

Haw Gave: Lochlan Veale

WB Got: Lochlan Veale

WB Gave: Pick 6 and Alvey

All this to stop the Hawks from trading Jade Rawlings to the Kangas and force him into the draft and to a club he didn't want to go to.

What we would do is far more innocent.

I'm not saying we shouldn't do whatever we can, but I would be worried that if we went outside the rules we could very easily get shafted in what is our most important offseason possibly ever, and we may never recover.

You dont break rules..You're just a bunch of clubs discussing hypotheticals B)

• Like 2

I'm not saying we shouldn't do whatever we can, but I would be worried that if we went outside the rules we could very easily get shafted in what is our most important offseason possibly ever, and we may never recover.

With all due respect - that is a beaten attitude.

What would the more ruthless clubs do in our stead?

We are trying to be more ruthless. Maybe we will see.

You dont break rules..You're just a bunch of clubs discussing hypotheticals B)

You don't need to break rules. Each club just does what is in its best interests and the result takes care of itself. For example if you are GC wanting Tippett and you know they would want pick 2 to use on a local, you don't stuff around nominating a player who you don't really want. If you are GWS, you don't ruin the chance to get the highest pick possible for an U17 pick.

Result, no rules broken and everyone gets who they want, where they want. AFL happy as GWS gets best draft picks and GC get great forward.

With all due respect - that is a beaten attitude.

What would the more ruthless clubs do in our stead?

We are trying to be more ruthless. Maybe we will see.

I hear ya rpfc, and I agree with what you're saying, I'm just very worried for my beloved footy club, turns out 2012 really was nearly the end of the world (for MFC supporters) just like the Mayans predicted!

I hear ya rpfc, and I agree with what you're saying, I'm just very worried for my beloved footy club, turns out 2012 really was nearly the end of the world (for MFC supporters) just like the Mayans predicted!

I believe the Incas predicted a big year for the MFC in 2013.

Confucious went for us in 2014.

Your an idiot, homesickness is not based around one week of interstate travel but rather living away from family for 2 years, he only gets to see them every so often! A weekend away playing doesn't make him homesick.

It's pretty hard to deal with your dads death while away from family basically 24/7

His father that died in 2007? if you are having troubles 4 years later then take bereavement leave until you have come to terms with it, any club would understand...i am judging his onfield performances and if you step onto the field you are 100%

i'm guessing you saw plenty of his u/18 games and fell in love...he might make it, i certainly don't wish him any harm, but getting him in the PSD or rookie draft is much more befitting his PERFORMANCE as an AFL PLAYER and he has not shown enough at the AFL level to warrant giving up players or picks. Especially when there are massive question marks regarding conditioning which in turn raises questions about his self discipline

What a down right stupid comment!

Why compare living permanently away from friends and family to 4 days away.

Don't rush to re-post.

please mate, i moved to the gold coast from melbourne as a 16 year old, knowing not a single person. yeah i left behind family and mates but i made new friends that i now call brothers. people who i have shed sweat blood and tears with, people who kept me off the streets and shared nights in the watchhouse with...and i certainly didn't have the kind of support network that an AFL footy club provides. if he was unable to make new friends it speaks volumes about him as a person

Read a very small article on Caddy in the HUN today - on the back page of the sport in the Stevo and Ralphy section. They mention that Vic clubs are having a hard time deciphering what he is worth on the open market, taking into account his B&F finish and his 3 possession game, as well as his 15 goals and 334 possessions for the season and his exceptional character. They then say that Geelong are leading the race at this stage from us, and that the Suns have no interest at all in what Essendon would have to offer.

Now take it how you will - not saying we will or won't get him and there is no mention of what the club would offer. Just thought it was something a little interesting and that it sounds as though we are very much interested, and in the race, to potentially secure his services for next season.

No these kinds of things NEVER happen...

What's all the love for Caddy. He has done nothing to date to suggest a high draft pick should be used on him. There are some great kids in this draft I would much prefer such as kennedy or Garlett for pace or O'Rourke, Wines, Stringer and .at least 10 others before Caddy.

Love is so blind. Wake up.

Edited by Theo
  • Like 2

Read a very small article on Caddy in the HUN today - on the back page of the sport in the Stevo and Ralphy section. They mention that Vic clubs are having a hard time deciphering what he is worth on the open market, taking into account his B&F finish and his 3 possession game, as well as his 15 goals and 334 possessions for the season and his exceptional character. They then say that Geelong are leading the race at this stage from us, and that the Suns have no interest at all in what Essendon would have to offer.

Now take it how you will - not saying we will or won't get him and there is no mention of what the club would offer. Just thought it was something a little interesting and that it sounds as though we are very much interested, and in the race, to potentially secure his services for next season.

I think we will be heavily in the mix for Caddy.

I'd happily give up pick 13 + a senior player (and pick 3 for Hogan) IF we come to an understanding that neither GWS nor Gold Coast will bid for Viney.

The MFC won't simply waltz in and take Viney in the 2nd round without conceding some ground. But we've got such a strong hand anyway that no-one should blink twice at it.

Leaving the draft with Hogan, Viney, O'Rourke (pick 4) and Caddy sounds pretty damn amazing.

• Like 1

What's all the love for Caddy. He has done nothing to date to suggest a high draft pick should be used on him. There are some great kids in this draft I would much prefer such as kennedy or Garlett for pace or O'Rourke, Wines, Stringer and .at least 10 others before Caddy.

Love is so blind. Wake up.

But then the same thing could have been said two years ago - "Why all the love for player X? I'd rather go for Caddy, loved his videos, he looks the goods, make him a Demon!!"

None of the above players would be certainties to make it. No-one ever is really. I'd rather take a kid with two years in the system (for the right price) than gambling on another young kid. Caddy hasn't set the world alight, you are right on that, but everyone knows he has some serious footballing talent. He just needs the right club to bring it out.

• Like 2

No these kinds of things NEVER happen...

Didn't say they never happen, but you really think the AFL won't be on our a$$ after all the tanking stuff etc, is it really a smart risk to take to go outside of the rules and risk serious sanctions against a club already on it's knees from a list perspective?

But then the same thing could have been said two years ago - "Why all the love for player X? I'd rather go for Caddy, loved his videos, he looks the goods, make him a Demon!!"

None of the above players would be certainties to make it. No-one ever is really. I'd rather take a kid with two years in the system (for the right price) than gambling on another young kid. Caddy hasn't set the world alight, you are right on that, but everyone knows he has some serious footballing talent. He just needs the right club to bring it out.

but caddy hasn't PROVEN anything to suggest he will turn out any better than the many talented kids i would take ahead of him. only that he has had 2more years in an afl level gym course.

The right price ON HIS FORM is a 2nd round draft pick...hell, luke ball went in the 2nd round to the magpies. surely your not suggesting that caddy's value is higher than that?

• Like 1

but caddy hasn't PROVEN anything to suggest he will turn out any better than the many talented kids i would take ahead of him. only that he has had 2more years in an afl level gym course.

The right price ON HIS FORM is a 2nd round draft pick...hell, luke ball went in the 2nd round to the magpies. surely your not suggesting that caddy's value is higher than that?

Clubs would have coughed up more but he wanted out, only wanted Collingwood and they let him walk, knowing that he would end up there. Entirely different scenario. The Pies didn't need to offer anything.

Caddy has proven he can play at the highest level. He hasn't been outstanding or set the world alight but he has shown he can do it. He has proven that. And those other talented kids haven't proven they will be better than him either. IF the club wants him then they will offer what they believe is appropriate. If the Suns don't like it then they can trade him elsewhere. Pick 13 is the mark that most believe the club will offer if they want him, whether we like it or not. But then we might trade down a little with that pick to claim somebody else and then shoot that pick to the Suns for Caddy or whatever. There is alot of water to go under the bridge before any deal is done.

Clubs would have coughed up more but he wanted out, only wanted Collingwood and they let him walk, knowing that he would end up there. Entirely different scenario. The Pies didn't need to offer anything.

Caddy has proven he can play at the highest level. He hasn't been outstanding or set the world alight but he has shown he can do it. He has proven that. And those other talented kids haven't proven they will be better than him either. IF the club wants him then they will offer what they believe is appropriate. If the Suns don't like it then they can trade him elsewhere. Pick 13 is the mark that most believe the club will offer if they want him, whether we like it or not. But then we might trade down a little with that pick to claim somebody else and then shoot that pick to the Suns for Caddy or whatever. There is alot of water to go under the bridge before any deal is done.

He has not proven he is any better than a plodder so far, definitely better to assume someone picked in the top 10 in this draft will be better than a plodder

He has not proven he is any better than a plodder so far, definitely better to assume someone picked in the top 10 in this draft will be better than a plodder

There are just as many players over the years who have been flops as well as guns within the Top 10, so it's not better to assume at all. If the price is right, and only if it's right, we should take him. Your belief that taking a punt on a player this year is flawed.

• Like 1