Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Josh Caddy

Range Rover

morton was highly rated as a juniour, taken 4 in the draft...howd he turn out?

Caddy told gc last year he wanted out, still got plenty of game time

I agree, but there will be other clubs still looking at Morton!

And caddy said he was happy to stay at the club, the fact of the matter is, he is still a 20 year old, and has plenty of footy left in him, he is a good kick, and could be an outside player that we are looking for, the fact you said he is a weak person due to being homesick and that is a reflection on his footy was the biggest point that made you look like a tool.

Each to their own, but I could see him slotting into our backline, and I think pick 30-50 would be a steal and I think misson and neeld could definitely help his development as a player.

I agree, but there will be other clubs still looking at Morton!

And caddy said he was happy to stay at the club, the fact of the matter is, he is still a 20 year old, and has plenty of footy left in him, he is a good kick, and could be an outside player that we are looking for, the fact you said he is a weak person due to being homesick and that is a reflection on his footy was the biggest point that made you look like a tool.

Each to their own, but I could see him slotting into our backline, and I think pick 30-50 would be a steal and I think misson and neeld could definitely help his development as a player.

Just a couple of points, Caddy is a tough inside midfielder not a backman, GC will want nothing less than a first rounder for him so pick 30-50 will not suffice...I agree we have yet to see him at his best - maybe due to the homesickness and adjusting to a different lifestyle. Could flourish in Victoria so personally I would be willing to part ways with pick 13.

Guest Rassilon

I think I know where you are going, but a little fuzzy so bear with me.

IF GC want in on a 17yr old then they need to keep pick 2 up their sleeve, they don't want to be required to trade that out to secure Tippett.

In order to put a deal to Adelaide IF Tippett looks like leaving then they need to be able to put a pick on the table that trumps what Brisbane might have to offer.

Finally if Melbourne wants to be able to secure Caddy then they won't want to be spending pick 3 on Viney, however if the cost of Viney looks more like a second round pick then we might be more 'open' to becoming a player to assist facilitating things for Adelaide and GC...

Obviously we are not just talking pick 4 here, but looking at some player options still from Adelaide and GC, and possible exchange of picks as appropriate to secure a favourable outcome for all parties. GC is going to find us less willing to assist if they try and force our hand on Viney.

Am I close? :)

Exactly or as I would say "close" - Gold Coast are in a real tough negotiation quandary because of the TIMELINES - Gold Coast have to lay their full hand on the table by 10.15 day 1. Again I will stress if Tippet elects to leave Adelaide - which by the way Adelaide are near convinced he will. Melbourne & Adelaide will have mutually beneficial out comes.

a/ Adelaide to secure the "best" easiest route to Queensland for Tippett

Gold Coast cant do it all - if they elect to nominate Viney - IMPORTANT - read those words again.

However. Melbourne can secure Viney and assist Adelaide & Brisbane to do a "DEAL" - we can do both!!!!!!! We can assist Brisbane (or GC) to have an UNBEATABLE offer for Tippet if he chooses to leave.

We obviously have a preference at this stage to deal with GC!!!! But things change!!!!!

Now we have assisted Brisbane we have assisted Adelaide. HELLO!!!!

WE can elect to.

Assist GC and assist ADELAIDE. Hello!!!!

Edited by Rassilon

Just a couple of points, Caddy is a tough inside midfielder not a backman, GC will want nothing less than a first rounder for him so pick 30-50 will not suffice...I agree we have yet to see him at his best - maybe due to the homesickness and adjusting to a different lifestyle. Could flourish in Victoria so personally I would be willing to part ways with pick 13.

Sorry I was still talking about josh toy!

Having said that I wouldn't be parting with a pick inside 20 for josh caddy.

Sorry I was still talking about josh toy!

Having said that I wouldn't be parting with a pick inside 20 for josh caddy.

Oh ok in that case yes Toy would slot nicely into that backline, especially if Rivers decides to leave...

And I am also a little bit sceptical about pick 13 for Caddy, but I saw quite a bit of him as a junior and he was just a wrecking ball clearance machine. Obviously that hasn't translated into the AFL yet but he is only 20!

Edited by Mondê

I reckon he'd be pick one, but it still makes our pick 13 a "live" pick 12 on the basis of the remainder of the pool. At one point it looked like Essendon were going to finish in the 8 and he was going to be picked up at around 16. Them finishing outside of the 8 bumped our pick up by one.

But I understand what you mean.

It could be pushed back one if Goddard leaves the saints.

Then they have to cough up pick 2 !!!!!!! Hello - Adelaide jumping with JOY. You must read the rules you must understand them & understand the timelines implications fully. I will outline the timeslines for you.

BOTH THE RULES & THE TIMELINES WORK IN OUR ADVANTAGE.

1/ Father & Son Bidding 10-10.15 DAY 1

They bid on Viney, we take Viney no issue

2/ 17 YO

3/ End of Free Agent - GWS & Gold Coast have NO free agents - we can access MORE picks. We have free agents.

******* 4/ One week left of trade week. Very important point.

They make their bid for Tippet

Harrington has said, simple as the nose on your face " we will not take a player out of order. our fans would demand that of us." this says nothing about if we will or wont take Viney.

What it says is simple - if you cant work it out thats your problems.

How is this not possible? all i said is they can bid on Viney then make a play on Tippet?

dont get your nickas in knots buddy

Guest Rassilon

Harrington has said, simple as the nose on your face " we will not take a player out of order. our fans would demand that of us." this says nothing about if we will or wont take Viney.

What it says is simple - if you cant work it out thats your problems.

How is this not possible? all i said is they can bid on Viney then make a play on Tippet?

dont get your nickas in knots buddy

Timelines - its all in the timelines. We have our strategy. You must look at the drafting & recruiting process as a complete process - not isolated trades or picks.

At 10.16 on Day 1 the power reverts to us. Irrespective of the Viney outcome. GC can have their 15 minutes of fame or they can ??????

The choice is up to them - if Tippett elects to leave. We are happy also to allow Collingwood to screw them on Caddy. B) B) B) (this is not saying Caddy will end up at the Pies THINGS CHANGE)

But we could assist them. We might not. Tim Harrington is a very, very smart man. Tim has spoken.

Edited by Rassilon

Best outcome would be for GC to trade pick #2 for Tippet + Adelaides first rounder. (Pick 18ish?)

Only way I can see pick #2 coming into play

How often do trades occur where a team trades 1 player for a mixed bag that takes up multiple roster spots?

Not often.

I'd imagine your proposal wouldn't be too far off the mark, but that GC would send Hayden Jolly along back to SA.

Having said that, the crows do need to make room for Brad Crouch to be elevated onto their list next season.

Im confused, I'm new to demonland and not shore what these Threads are?

The these Rumors coming out of the club of players there looks are getting or juts ppl on this web site hoping we might get these players?

The these Rumors coming out of the club of players there looks are getting or juts ppl on this web site hoping we might get these players?

Rumours and people playing out scenarios mate.

Never much concrete in it.

Really haven't seen much of Caddy at all, but for those who have, how would he rate if he was at Melbourne? Better than Chunk?

I feel if he could impact in our midfield and all it took was pick #13 to get him & an understanding that Viney is off limits- then go for it. I'll back the club with this call but would love if any posters know anything about him. Had a look at his 2010 highlights- although from 2 years ago he looked very handy.

Could Viney and Caddy combo strike fear in the hearts of opposition. Need more info on Caddy someone please

Could Viney and Caddy combo strike fear in the hearts of opposition. Need more info on Caddy someone please

Well lets see. Do you know these players, Thomas, Sidebottom, Wellingham? Answer: they are the three Pies mids who didn't get AA this year and every one of them would walk into our midfield. Now lets add those other three Pendles, Swan and Beams. Oh yes the Viney, Caddy combo would strike fear in the hearts of opposition.

Guest Rassilon

You have a lot of little kiddies that dont know the rules or understand them. When they dont know or understand - they are very quick to criticise others. They are often lazy, dont think for themselves, want all the answers handed on a plate you quickly get to know them.

Its very common.

PS They normally get All their information from newspapers - newspapers in the modern era dont always get all the info right. If it doesn't appear in the newspaper (well thats what they think) - it cant be real. Information is "leaked" for many reasons.

Edited by Rassilon

Really haven't seen much of Caddy at all, but for those who have, how would he rate if he was at Melbourne? Better than Chunk?

I feel if he could impact in our midfield and all it took was pick #13 to get him & an understanding that Viney is off limits- then go for it. I'll back the club with this call but would love if any posters know anything about him. Had a look at his 2010 highlights- although from 2 years ago he looked very handy.

Not better than Jones - Jones showed this year he is one of the most consistent midfielders in the comp, he can win his own ball, disposal has improved and he can kick goals. Vast improvement from where he started where he tried to bullock through everyone like a rugby player.

Caddy would sit comfortably in our starting midfield though I feel. Better than Moloney and actually reminds me of a younger version of Sylvia though without the "off-field" issues. Is a strong player who can find his own ball and can hit the scoreboard. Haven't seen enough of him to really comment on his defensive side but I don't think there's much doubt he would make a better option than some of our starting 22 this year.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

after reading all this, I am surprised there hasn’t been much of mentioned about pushing caddy into the PSD. This (to me) would be especially satisfying if GC made us pick JV early.

Rules have changed, he would need to go into the ND first and would probably be drafted between pick 20 - 30

Rules have changed, he would need to go into the ND first and would probably be drafted between pick 20 - 30

Thanks for the update

Still, picking him at 13 would be appealing. At least we know he has talent and is not 100% out of his depth at this level which is more than you can say about what will be 95% of people coming out of the draft.

Thanks for the update

Still, picking him at 13 would be appealing. At least we know he has talent and is not 100% out of his depth at this level which is more than you can say about what will be 95% of people coming out of the draft.

And he has a couple of pre-seasons behind him and would be close to his man weight/size. Would be a good move even if completely unlikely