• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Members Seating Area ( only)

Demon Tongue

Hello fellow Demons

This is my 1st time post never had anythin to say but after today something has really annoyed that shite out of me. Thats opposition supporters seating in our members only seating. As a Melbourne member I love being surrounded by the Red & Blue army in the Redlegs section win/loose being around our club supporters is awesome but today we had to put up with two collingwood supports in our section, wouldnt bother me if one was melbourne and the collingwood supporter is quiet but nooooo this twas not that case this chick( if you could call her that ) was going off her brains ohh go pies ( I think that was all she could say) showing no respect when sitting in OUR MEMBERS SECTION. If that was any of us sitting in there members section we would of been annoyed probably even stabbed for just sitting there.No opposition supports should be allowed to sit with us showing dis respect like that. If your with your friend who is a member & your a guest thats cool but no need to go nuts, & didnt even stay for the entire game!!!

How DARE she support her team! Sounds like she was just enjoying the game to me. Was there any cursing or offensive language ("GO PIES" doesn't count)?

I was sitting in the same area and to begin with she was fine but the natural feral in her started to show as the OP said she left early and told us all to get F>>>>ed and kept yelling abuse on the way out. I didn't understand why she was doing it but then again I don't understand Collingwood supporters.

• Like 1

The tickets say non-transferable, but I don't think most people mind if a few opposition supporers come in, as long as they don't carry on to much. There was guy last year at the same game who was carry on and [censored] off quite a few people around him.

You are right DT should be some way of having this sorted.

Guest lambtotheslaughter

We have far more important issues as a club than silly ideas like this

It takes two teams thus two lots of supporters

Nothing more boring than going to a game at Subiaco et al

We need two teams and two supporter groups

And one of them is always feral LOL

The great thing about the footy in this country is that we all sit together and we can get into it a bit (in good spirits of course).

Yesterday a 14 year old kid and his dad sat behind us in the AFL members. They moved at 3/4 time as they wanted to sit with only Collingwood fans. Not only did I take that as a moral victory, but I also felt bad for the kid as he's not really getting the spirit of the game.

Melbourne, North, and Bulldogs supporters don't have the luxury of always being with our 'own'. It's character building.

Let people sit wherever they want. It won't effect the scoreboard so it shouldn't effect the fans.

One of the reasons I pay a premium for Redlegs membership is to enable me and my family, which includes my two young great-nephews, to go to the football and share the space with fellow Demons. I object to the premium space being taken by non-Redlegs members. The MCG person on the gate said they couldn't do anything about it and that Melbourne members give their tickets to other people to use. If that's the case the Melbourne members should point out to the people they're lending their tickets to that they can't sit on Level 2 in the reserved section out of respect to the Redlegs members.

Fair enough?

Perhaps the non-MFC barrackers should be asked to show the Redlegs membership ticket and their driver's licence to see if the names match. And if they don't match they should be told to sit on the next level up.

It does say 'Non transferable' on the back of the ticket.

• Like 2

The great thing about the footy in this country is that we all sit together and we can get into it a bit (in good spirits of course).

Yesterday a 14 year old kid and his dad sat behind us in the AFL members. They moved at 3/4 time as they wanted to sit with only Collingwood fans. Not only did I take that as a moral victory, but I also felt bad for the kid as he's not really getting the spirit of the game.

Melbourne, North, and Bulldogs supporters don't have the luxury of always being with our 'own'. It's character building.

Let people sit wherever they want. It won't effect the scoreboard so it shouldn't effect the fans.

I agree to a point. I like the fact that 90% of the time I can go to the game, sit in GA and generally have good banter between supporters of the other clubs.

That said, I too pay for the privilege of sitting in a Melbourne only reserved area. I have taken friends from other clubs to games in that area and every one of them understands that they are guests in a Melbourne only area so they act appropriately so as not to [censored] off the people around us.

People who go into opposition areas and carry on like pork chops are doing it deliberately to make the experience less enjoyable for others, it's pathetic.

• Like 3

One of the reasons I pay a premium for Redlegs membership is to enable me and my family, which includes my two young great-nephews, to go to the football and share the space with fellow Demons. I object to the premium space being taken by non-Redlegs members. The MCG person on the gate said they couldn't do anything about it and that Melbourne members give their tickets to other people to use. If that's the case the Melbourne members should point out to the people they're lending their tickets to that they can't sit on Level 2 in the reserved section out of respect to the Redlegs members.

Fair enough?

Perhaps the non-MFC barrackers should be asked to show the Redlegs membership ticket and their driver's licence to see if the names match. And if they don't match they should be told to sit on the next level up.

It does say 'Non transferable' on the back of the ticket.

You spoke to the wrong Gate Person!

A few weeks ago three St Kilda supporters were sitting up the back in Bay N9 and being noisy and offensive.

Someone complained and shortly after they were asked to leave by a Steward.

Problem fixed.

I was sitting in the same area and to begin with she was fine but the natural feral in her started to show as the OP said she left early and told us all to get F>>>>ed and kept yelling abuse on the way out. I didn't understand why she was doing it but then again I don't understand Collingwood supporters.

If they are feral it means they are not natural, which is what I have thought about most Collingwood supporters, perhaps she was an introduced species from Gippsland if we want to become completely politically incorrect

Edited by satyricon

Next time we play the Bombers, sneak into their members area and go off!

It is seriously funny.

Winners are grinners, the Pie's time in the sun will end.

I sat in the redlegs area yesterday, for which I have been paying for many years, and rarely sit there. Thought we would sit there for a while.

I dont want people to tell the door people about sneaking people in, as we often do it! With other melbourne supporters though.

The irony of sitting in a pro melbourne seating area was that I had to yell a bit of abuse to my fellow "so called" Melbourne supporters who spent more time bagging our players.

At least I spend my time bagging the opponents, and my how much I love picking on Maxwell and O'Brien, 2 of the most overrated defenders in the AFL, it is amazing how often they are beaten in 1 on 1 contests! but i digress.

More time supporing our players than bagging them and dont let the secret out of sneaking people into our seat :)

People should have the option. If there can be a dedicated area for those paying members who chose to be amongst Melbourne Supporters, then the club should provide that option.

Enough with slagging off people who do want to be in a Melbourne supporters only section of the ground.

As if it hasn't been hard enough in past years being at the G every home game and watching uncompetitive efforts from our players; being constantly reminded we suck by opposition supporters every week just makes the game that much harder to watch.

As if it hasn't been hard enough in past years being at the G every home game and watching uncompetitive efforts from our players; being constantly reminded we suck by opposition supporters every week just makes the game that much harder to watch.

that is the fault of the MFC Top to Bottom, not the fault of opposition supporters.

The only way to shut the enemy up is to beat them. Kick 8 goals to nil in the first Q. Don't hide from them. Face 'em.

Edited by why you little

Agree with the OP. I to sit in that area and pay extra to sit with only Melbourne Members, if I wanted to sit with other club supporters, then I'd only buy a general membership.

What makes it worse is that there's a guest area on level 2A, which is where I always sit when I go with my wife (St. Kilda fan) to the Melbourne-v-Saints matches out of respect to the paying members who don't want other clubs supporters in there.

End of the day, as long as they don't carry on then it doesn't bother me to much, but if they carry on, well then there's a problem!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Tall Defence

Agree with the OP. I to sit in that area and pay extra to sit with only Melbourne Memebers white people, if I wanted to sit with other club supporters skin colours, then I'd only buy a general membership.

Sounds pretty bad, right? What's the difference? Discrimination is discrimination. Don't do it.

Edited by Chook

Half the entertainment involved in following footy comes from aligning with and supporting one team (lets say they're Red and Blue) and mocking, deriding and laughing at the flaws of the other team (lets say they're Black and White). Gotta descriminate if you want to support, and so some forms of descrimination seem just fine, even essential...

That said I'm not into segregation and being too precious about non-Demon fans sitting too close... and upsetting me with their wicked words..

Half the entertainment involved in following footy comes from aligning with and supporting one team (lets say they're Red and Blue) and mocking, deriding and laughing at the flaws of the other team (lets say they're Black and White). Gotta descriminate if you want to support, and so some forms of descrimination seem just fine, even essential...

That said I'm not into segregation and being too precious about non-Demon fans sitting too close... and upsetting me with their wicked words..

To me, bagging out opposition players is not as fun if there's no opposition supporters around to hear it. Is it hypocritical to be against discrimination but take pleasure at laughing at the flaws of the opposition? Probably, but there are degrees of discrimination. Refusing to sit near someone because they're not like you is pretty high up on the list, if you ask me.
  • Like 1

we treated ourselves to some Premium seating on Monday, it was a mix of both sets of supporters.....

including a young lady Collingwood supporter....who screamed (in anticipation/unrequited lust/excitement/mental incapacity) everytime Wellingham went near the ball.....

it was at a perfect pitch as well to be really annoying....

. towards the end of the fourth quarter.....

..my normally serene, mild mannered, ever so lovely partner said she had thought up a new use for the flag we had been given at Fed Sq...

aahhh footy, brings out the best in people

They are not called the filth for nothing. It is a title well earned.

As far as I'm concerned , if your forking out extra to sit with Melbourne supporters only.

Thats what you should be doing.

End of Story .

• Like 1