CEO Position

darkhorse72

Not as silly as some might think it sounds. He did a hell of a lot in improving the state of NRL during some very difficult times when clubs were imploding (Canterbury Bulldogs, Easts, Storm etc) and when other codes were threatening (well, maybe too strong a word) to overrun them due to NRLs crumbling image.

They were so reactionary though, ht.

They don't have a 'this is where league is heading' vision. It was maybe a team in Perth, maybe in Adelaide again, and then just a let's just forget it and give Central Coast a team. But then they stalled at that and gave a bunch of idiots in Gold Coast the licence and then that club was run into the ground.

All they talk about is getting cash from the TV rights to save the clubs they already have, and all they talk up their TV rights (which they are so disappointed won't get above the AFL) by pointing to 3 games they play each season to the detriment of the actual league. Should a state game be above the Grand Final of a league? Well, it is in RL.

And he personally reacted the each and every news story that came across the wires that was in the least critical about NRL HQ. Added to this is the fact that they didn't co-ordinate with Gould and his ilk when GWS came storming into the West.

Massive failure from what I can see

No way would I want Arocca. He looks like a scary man but my thing is last time we played nth in r1 he and some others sat behind me in the members and he was horrible. He winged and complained and bagged us for the music we had playing pre game, he abused the umpires, kept yelling out to the nth blokes to hit our boys and I remember thinking im sure no other CEO sits there and carries on like an idiot. Yeah he was passionate but as a CEO i just expected better behaviour.

Can I ask....what exactly has Cam done to be considered a goner ? Corporately and fiscally we seem to be finally healthy. Why change this?

• Like 3

Can I ask....what exactly has Cam done to be considered a goner ? Corporately and fiscally we seem to be finally healthy. Why change this?

Because he was the CEO when we lost last year to Geelong.... oh and because apparently there were issues between him and the players last year... and because we were 0-9 so that must still be the case.

and because it's been a quiet week and I think people are confused and struggling to realise that it's North in the papers not Melbourne...

Good to see Cam Schwab address some of targets for the coming months. It's been a while since we've seen him on MFC.com.au. I reckon he'll stay now. We're going to post another profit and appearing on the website suggests (to me at least) that his re-signing is imminent.

Look at his track record over the past 20 years. Ask anyone at Richmond, the Gutnick people, and Freo but not his mates.

Why? Richmond sack their servants for fun; the Gutnick people know even less now than they did when they kicked out anyone who didn't lick Joseph's boots;and Freo went from a basket case to a solid club under his watch..

I certainly wouldn't hold it against him that Caroline Wilson likes throwing mud in his direction!!

The club hasn't been stronger off the field for 50 years - and the brand has at last regained some popular appeal. Surely we should all be pressing the Board to extend the CEO's contract ?

Edited by hoopla

Every time I hear cam speak about our club I can't help but feel inspired about where we're headed. He might have a silver toung, but I also reckon he loves the club and leads it well. Sign him up on a 3 year deal like the russian!

Edited by DemonWA

This interview, supposedly about Jamr's resigning but also the dees trading and drafting strategies features some of the longest answers i've ever heard. Time stood still for me at one point. It goes for about 9 mins and Burgan only asks a few questions! Sounds like Cam has been having Whiteboard Wednesday withdrawals:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/tabid/8667/contentid/457705/default.aspx

It has to be said though he keeps ticking the boxes.

Edited by binman

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.