Friday Night

DemonWA

I have a good feeling the boys are starting to get it. We might not win but i feel we are a fighting chance this week. We need the hawks to be of there game and we need to fire. Might be dreaming but the dees like the cats of 07 will just click one of this days. Lookout when we learn to win mark neeld is the man

• Like 1

Friday (n), May 19, 2006

http://footystats.freeservers.com/Matches/haw-mel.html

ive never felt more satisfied baggin a HFC supporter when this game was going through the motions in 2006, there supporters absolutely [censored] me!

Our time will come again fellow brethren

Give Em stick

I have a good feeling the boys are starting to get it. We might not win but i feel we are a fighting chance this week. We need the hawks to be of there game and we need to fire. Might be dreaming but the dees like the cats of 07 will just click one of this days. Lookout when we learn to win mark neeld is the man

Have not been around to see the games Big Jim but by looking at the scores we might finally get it around the middle of 2013.

Keep in mind we are still loosing by significant margins.

Friday (n), May 19, 2006

http://footystats.fr...es/haw-mel.html

ive never felt more satisfied baggin a HFC supporter when this game was going through the motions in 2006, there supporters absolutely [censored] me!

Give Em stick

Sorry DS but you will have to wait till 2013 at the earliest, we have a significantly poorer list than the Hawks miracles only happen in the Bible.

Friday (n), May 19, 2006

http://footystats.fr...es/haw-mel.html

Give Em stick

Sorry DS but you will have to wait till 2013 at the earliest, we have a significantly poorer list than the Hawks miracles only happen in the Bible.

I'd have to say i'm a little worried too OD. I get the feeling the boys (and coach) seemed in some way "satisfied" with their efforts last week, yet we still lost by over 7 goals against a fairly depleted and relatively inexperienced (compared to recent years) Cat side. They had the wood on us and better quality players at the top (experience wise) and were playing at home in front of a home crowd i realise.

But if we don't step it up to another level (which might be just 2% extra effort/output or so....who knows) this week we might get a nasty surprise i reckon. Hopefully we do, but the mindset this week is a bit of a worry going in.

I have a family dinner that starts at 7.30 and will drag me away from the pain. Will be cheering them on though really, and just hope they continue to take steps in the right direction.

Some positives (and negatives) on the stats side. Would like to see stats such as (to name a few)... effective tackles, effective clearances, hit outs to advantage, play on %, etc but don't have access to them...anyone have that here??:

Rankings

Contested possessions: Demons 15th / Hawks 14th (Positive? lol)

Uncontested possessions: Demons 18th / Hawks 7th (i think that might be a negative!)

Disposal Efficiency: Demons 18th / Hawks 3rd (oops)

Contested Marks: Demons 4th / Hawks 14th (Yahoo!)

Clearances: Demons 11th / Hawks 18th (given our disposal efficiency i reckon we need to see "effective clearances" :wacko: , still a win is a win i guess)

Tackles: Demons 10th / Hawks 4th (i'd rather see effective tackles)

Goal Accuracy: Demons 7th / Hawks 9th (if we can only deliver accurately i50 and get it in there enough times! Woot woot)

Entries inside 50: Demons 17th / Hawks 7th

Rebound from defensive 50: Demons 2nd / Hawks 13th (the pressure being brought on our defense might pay off big time later i hope...doing a pretty good job given how often it's coming in atm).

Edited by Rusty Nails

I'd have to say i'm a little worried too OD. I get the feeling the boys (and coach) seemed in some way "satisfied" with their efforts last week

Yeah its a worry when Neeld says that he couldnt fault the effort yet we still loose by 40 points.

Until the MFC welcome pressure and thrive on it-LOOK FOR IT. our situation against hawthorn & other top sides will not change.

Strangely, I've had the 1960's hit 'Friday on my Mind' by the Easybeats going around in my head ever since I first read the title of this thread several days ago ................ but it couldn't possibly be a portent of events at the G on Friday night, could it?

Strangely, I've had the 1960's hit 'Friday on my Mind' by the Easybeats going around in my head ever since I first read the title of this thread several days ago ................ but it couldn't possibly be a portent of events at the G on Friday night, could it?

Sure hope so DOF. the only way this club will survive is to embrace pressure.

Northey was so f$&@'in close to doing it.

I heard a Luke Hodge grab this morning. Hawthorn have loved pressure since John Kennedy. It is there backbone.

Edited by why you little

Some positives (and negatives) on the stats side. Would like to see stats such as (to name a few)...

So now just watch us play the Hawks back into the kind of form that will see them go on to improve those areas in which they are currently deficient.