Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes against the cats next week

dees189227

I find it somewhat funny that we all (well, for the most part) express our faith in Neeld and his approach to developing this team into a tough aggressive unit, yet here we are all speculating (read, demanding) who should be dropped and complaining over the fact that the likes of Dunn, MacDonald, Morton, Davey, Sellar etc continue to get game time at the expense of Petterd, Couch, etc.

We either have faith in Neeld's bigger picture or we don't... so, why not let him make the calls as he sees fit.

I was complaining after the Doggies game that we were continuing on a downward trajectory and at that time said that if we came within 21 points of the Saints, then I would believe we were starting to show improvement... well, we did and I do now believe we're on track towards much bigger and better things; I'm actually now hopeful that we can get to within 24 points of the Cats at the cattery.

We are playing at the ground where we were destroyed by 186....

I want real, have a crack players in, so Macdonald stays.

I think it will be -

OUT: Dunn, whoever is the most sore out of (Garland, Tappy)

IN: Clark, Frawley

I know Blease and Bennell played well, but I don't want to see them in after MFC played well on the weekend.

The last thing we need is players who may (just maybe) act a little soft against the Cats.

In: Clark. Unsure on Frawley's availability.

Out: Dunn.

I think McDonald learned much from Saturdays game. Good fast track learning game.

Edit: Tempted to put Seller out, didn't offer much apart from some relief in the ruck for Jamar.

However still need the relief, was hoping he'd offer more up forward and clunk a few.

Out : Moloney. Tappy.

In : Chip. Mitch

Out Moloney? on what grounds? at this stage the bloke is the most poised player in the team.

In terms of changes for the cats game, the obvious Ins are Clarko and frawls if fit,

And who ever said Dunne was ineffective on fisher obviously didn't watch the game.

Watts did not do well on fisher in the first quarter, then Dunney came in and held fisher to a very limited performance.

Which i think is a great effort by dunne, considering that fisher is arguably one of the best CHB in the game

i would be reluctant to change much at all for the cats game.

Leave tappy in, his physical game style will be appreciated when we play the mature geelong bodies.

The only out might be J mac, with added confidence to back himself i believe he can play his role.

Has anyone noticed that Matty Bate is in our top stat getters?

He's doing very well for a bloke that was a trade prospect 6 months ago.

And Morto, i wasn't sure i would ever suggest this, but it looks like he might be getting some physicality into his game.

good on you morto.

There was so much to like and look forward to with the weekends performance.

If the same pressure is brought to geelong this weekend, the deez will bring a competitive game.

Cahn Deez!

Some silly outs being listed in this thread. I reckon Neeld will go close to selecting the same side next week, except for Clark and Frawley returning for probably Macdonald and maybe Sellar.

This ^

Blease appears to have had a good game at Casey this week, so I would be inclined to give him a go. In: Frawley, Clark, Blease, Petterd

Out: Joel Mac, Watts, Dunn, Sellar

No make him earn it, lets see him do this over 3/4 weeks. We Need to make our team similar to Wes Coast where guys are tearing the WAFL apart to get a chance and once they do are playing to the team structures and hearts out just to stay in

• Like 3

I can't believe calls to drop Watts. Yes he played poorly but has been pretty good in the other games. He is the only player in the team that i feel confident when he has the ball in his hands that he will hit a target and not turn it over (little lone actually do something creative with it).

We desperately this sort of skill at the moment as as Neeld has pointed out turnovers and not being able to get a chain of possessions going makes is a key reason our uncontested possessions are down and our opponents up are so much higher than ours

No make him earn it, lets see him do this over 3/4 weeks. We Need to make our team similar to Wes Coast where guys are tearing the WAFL apart to get a chance and once they do are playing to the team structures and hearts out just to stay in

I'm indifferent, but he has an asset we need, so I just think we should give him a go. But I also understand the sentiment of making them earn it (exceppt that there are blokes in the 1s who probably could go back to Casey for the same reason).

And to become like WCE doesn't mean acting like them now. We don't have the depth in the current side of players who do the right thing, for starter.

Edited by Choko

This is not SCG. This is the Cattery. Very hard to bottle a team up down there, you have got to maintain spped.

If Sellar goes, it may be the place to blood Fitzpatrick., although they may use Clark for an occassional run on ball to relieve Jamar. Martin is struggling with injury so I would be surprised if they brought him back yet.

Also Watts has that speed and endurance. I'd keep him in on this ground. Watts has always struggled in the wet because his game is built around finesse and ball handling. Forget Friday night.

Joel MacDonald will probably make way for Frawley.

Sylvia will come up from sub.

Couch to slow for Cattery. He would have to replace Dunn or McKenzie as that is who he is competing with for a place.

Just had an email from a mate who is mad cats fan and goes to regularly to games at KP. He was saying that the Cats are right down at moment (despite their win in Brissie) but also noted that with the stand down the wind is now very unpredictable and having a big impact on games. Perhaps that impacts a little on their massive home ground advantage

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Just had an email from a mate who is mad cats fan and goes to regularly to games at KP. He was saying that the Cats are right down at moment (despite their win in Brissie) but also noted that with the stand down the wind is now very unpredictable and having a big impact on games. Perhaps that impacts a little on their massive home ground advantage

It's a bigger whole that what was in the MCG a few years ago.

Will potentially wreak havoc on the game.

It's a bigger whole that what was in the MCG a few years ago.

Will potentially wreak havoc on the game.

Is this a case of the "whole being greater than the sum of its parts"? ;-)

• Like 2

The thing is you can't judge kids on a game by game basis - you leave them in the side for 4-6 weeks and judge them over the whole period. You can't expect 20 year olds to be dominating week in, week out in a bottom 3-4 side. Same deal with guys like Morton if you put him in the senior side you can't drop him after only one or two games because he didn't set the world on fire. It gives them time to find their place in the side, get used to the structures etc on game day and won't have them hesitate with every possession because they're worried they'll be dropped if they make a mistake.

This makes so much sense to me. And, provided you have no doubts about their skills & commitment, for older players as well. Does anyone think there would be any serious calls for Nick Reiwoldt and Brendan Goddard to be dropped to Sandy because they were both beaten on the night by children?? I suspect they'll come out in the ones next week and want to make a statement. They have the experience to do so.

Jack Watts will be a star - and hopefully for Melbourne, provided he doesn't read a lot of our threads!

Guest José Mourinho

Is this a case of the "whole being greater than the sum of its parts"? ;-)

Oops!

"Hole", of course.

If Brad Green was available for the Cats game he'd be sweating. Didnt miss him one bit.

........ For the sake of clarity, we should insist that no two players with similar, but not the same, names be selected.

Are you a homonymophobe?

• Like 1

If players could pick themselves... Jai Sheahan shows how it should be done in this tweet:

"Back at the old stomping ground this week. Time for a debut to remember. Come on Neeldy u know u want to!!"

• Like 4

If players could pick themselves... Jai Sheahan shows how it should be done in this tweet:

"Back at the old stomping ground this week. Time for a debut to remember. Come on Neeldy u know u want to!!"

Good to see a kid with a bit of go about him, much better than "I'm just looking to get a bit of time at Casey to develop my game".

• Like 1

Ins: Clark - Frawley - Petterd

Outs: MacDonald - Magner (rest) - Sellar

FB: Rivers (Pods) - Frawley (Hawkins) - Bartram

HB: Garland - McDonald - Grimes

C: Tapscott - Jones - Morton

HF: Sylvia - Watts - Howe

FF: Petterd - Clark - Davey

R: Jamar - Moloney - Trengove (Bartel)

I: Bail - Dunn (pinch hitting ruck) - McKenzie (Selwood)

S: Bate

Edited by daveytrain1

Gold

Ok - who got it right? Anyone with this combination of 2 ins and 2 outs?

Last week against the saints I don't recall anyone getting the final team right (apologies if I missed a correct prediction).