Good effort over the day but we just have a few too many not contributing enough.

Trengove, Watts, Davey, Sellar, Tapscott.

Watts and Trengove are no.1 draft picks and into their 4th and 3rd seasons respectively and need to be a lot better than they are.

Trengove is a real concern for mine. Really off the pace.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

Fantastic effort by the lads 2nite, they will b disappointed with losing but can certainly hold their heads high.

I haven't seen you mention the errors of our mids which have stopped us going inside 50. You underestimated Morton's outside ability to get the ball inside 50 (where we scored a goal), but you bagged him for messing up one of our rare inside 50s. It's not his fault the entire team has barely been able to get it into our forwards this entire quarter.

Cos our other midfielders have a crack and don't wait for some else to do the hard work.

In the team we're trying to create under Neeld "outside ability" is an oxymoron.

Look, I'm not writing him off, I'm not saying drop him, cut him, anything like that, all I'm saying is that if he could develop a hunger for the tough stuff sometimes he'd be a good player rather than another one of our many never quite made its.

its disappointing that guys like bail, mckenzie, magner and bartram are killing themselves out there and then guys like Watts, Trengove, Tapscott are barely having a touch or throwing themselves in

• Like 1

Cos our other midfielders have a crack and don't wait for some else to do the hard work.

In the team we're trying to create under Neeld "outside ability" is an oxymoron.

Look, I'm not writing him off, I'm not saying drop him, cut him, anything like that, all I'm saying is that if he could develop a hunger for the tough stuff sometimes he'd be a good player rather than another one of our many never quite made its.

I have to agree with your last line, but I just don't understand how a team that's 16th on the ladder only has 1 player worthy of your criticism. I actually would prefer you pointing out the faults of players beside Morton, because it would show you don't have something against him.

Guest oldman emubitter

He's been bagging Morton all night, and only after about 10 consistently negative posts about me and Morton, I finally got fed up with him. I reckon I've tried to convince stuie with facts tonight, but I am annoyed at his constant criticism of Morton. Criticism of Morton is fine, but how can he claim he doesn't have an agenda when he hasn't criticised any other players?

doesn't matter, done my best to get banned from this [censored] aweful site

enjoy my bucks for the life membership, i'll bail from here

get f' you tools

we have the biggest squib, pretender, twinkle toes, soft heart pea arsed player in Davey who is a dead set liability passanger embarrassment waste of space out there yet a hard guy in couch can't get a game.

I don't give a [censored] about positions footy is hard and you don't have a chance with pea hearted skirt wearing passangers. I am [censored] off!!!!!!

Davey has been rubbish last year and early this year no doubt but he is showing some progress the last 2 weeks. I would suggest Watts did less than Davey tonight.

Overall a much better effort from the team tonight.

Best game from Morton and very good progress with Tom Mac. Stay positive!

Guest oldman emubitter

get f' you tools

ps before i'm totally banned, happy to meet any of you in person

yella's

Gee it would be nice to just get a 50/50 free go your way.

To be honest, I thought the umpiring was great. It would have been easy to pay tons of holding the man and high-contact free kicks, but that didn't happen.

Edited by Chook

get f' you tools

See ya!

I have to agree with your last line, but I just don't understand how a team that's 16th on the ladder only has 1 player worthy of your criticism. I actually would prefer you pointing out the faults of players beside Morton, because it would show you don't have something against him.

Look I could go through the list if you want, but it's only my opinion so who cares? I only originally brought Morton up because I feel he's a microcosm of where we're at as a club, too many easily pleased with "efforts" and insignificant stats, rather than what matters. I want badly for him to make it and not be a wasted pick, but that lack of physicality is a real hinderance in the way footy is in 2012.

Take it easy tough guy. You pop your head up and start calling other posters trolls? Morton's had a couple of nice moments, but hardly a good game. He's given too much credit for doing things that we expect of other players.

I disagree Stuie it was a good game from Morts. You are entitled to your opinion but I wonde if you are marking him harder or is he an easy target?

44 to 66 inside 50s is a huge worry.

But our conversion rate was actually better than the Saints.

Their press overwhelmed us.

Guest gidon

Im proud of the boys tonight. They gave it a good hard crack. We lack class and the Saints dont and we got beaten. i hate to lose but their were signs tonight. We used the middle tonight but kept our defensive style in tact. When a few guys develop and we recruit well, the future looks brighter than a couple of weeks ago.

Look I could go through the list if you want, but it's only my opinion so who cares? I only originally brought Morton up because I feel he's a microcosm of where we're at as a club, too many easily pleased with "efforts" and insignificant stats, rather than what matters. I want badly for him to make it and not be a wasted pick, but that lack of physicality is a real hinderance in the way footy is in 2012.

I try to care about everyone's opinion. Morton's soft, there's no denying that. But he played well tonight, which was better than last week, which was better than the week before. As long as I can say that about him every week, I'll be happy.

I disagree Stuie it was a good game from Morts. You are entitled to your opinion but I wonde if you are marking him harder or is he an easy target?

I get your point, maybe I am marking him harder, or maybe other people are forgetting we took him with pick 4? We've just been so beaten down as supporters that our expectations are really low I think.