Somes questions for the Demonland faithful

praha

1. Of the team's next 7 games -- Saints. Cats (in Geelong), Hawks, Swans (in Sydney), Blues, Bombers, Pies -- can you see them winning any?

2. Do you think this team would have been within 8 goals of Adelaide last night like the Giants were? (considering the conditions there and the fact the game was in Adelaide).

I don't mean to seem like I'm trolling. I just want to see where my own personal opinion lies with others on this board.

I personally think we're a real chance to start 0-11, and I can't imagine us having played as well against Adelaide in Adelaide as I thought the Giants played last night.

Until we can get some players into the side to even out the continuous negative disparity in overall disposals I can't see the MFC beating anyone except GWS & GC. So in answer to your questions no.

We are three good midfielders short of being on an even keel in the midfield with any team in the comp bar GWS & GC. Sylvia comes back in & that makes it 2 short, he wont make the difference.

Can you do it running at full tilt? What about running at full tilt, when you've already been running full tilt on and off for an hour?

It's a doddle! I can actually handpass the 40 metres after running for a full 120 mins and kick it 65 metres into the wind... all while fending off two or three opposition players (and then I wake up).

I think we will be 0-11 and I believe we will win no more than 3 games for the entire season.

Yeah, it is.

the next seven games, all losses, you can say that now? "Certainties"? I think you'll find the professionals in this stuff - the bookies - will not be agreeing with you...

the next seven games, all losses, you can say that now? "Certainties"? I think you'll find the professionals in this stuff - the bookies - will not be agreeing with you...

Given the odds they have been giving us to date against weaker opposition, I think you will find that they just might be agreeing with RF.

Its really looking pretty Grim

Cant see where the win is coming from if we continue with existing structures and game plans.

I am waiting for the change and with better use of the squad optimistically hope for a win.

Cant see any sides having a bad day being worried by us ATM.

0-11 with a bit of improvement will be a win for mine.

we smashed adelaide, freo and GC last year but I can't see us beating anyone till Round 13.

would that be GWS ? Gee i hope we aren't their only win How embarrassing

Maybe I should look for odds on sportsbet

What odds do you think would reflect current form?

Another thought that has been in my mind for sometime is that we don't acknowledge that our lack of self-confidence is a factor that impacts more on some players than others. We have a lot of senior-ish players that are not natural extroverts e.g. Garland, Bail, Bates, Watts, Bennell, Jurrah, Fitzgerald, Jetta, Morton (how could I nearly have left Cale out?), etc. Even under the best of circumstances, their personalities do not impose themselves on the game. Under the current, less-than-best of circumstances, they are even more introverted. When self-confidence is high, a player will demand the ball when clear, when it's low you present yourself as an option only to be considered if nothing else is available.

If the coaching group can build up these players' self-regard by showing that they have a winning strategy, I believe we will see a huge improvement in individual performance and team results. I also think that as the confidence levels build in these payers, they will get much more support and cooperation from the rest of the team - sometimes not forthcoming.

I'd like to say we'll sneak a win somewhere before GWS, but with the current gameplan (when in doubt, and even when not in doubt, kick it long to an outnumbered contest and hand over possession) combined with all the other dramas, it's extremely unlikely. GWS will probably be a close match and I doubt we'll beat GC.

Edited by P_Man

would that be GWS ? Gee i hope we aren't their only win How embarrassing

Maybe I should look for odds on sportsbet

What odds do you think would reflect current form?

If we can't win one until round 13- which looks highly likely- then we will be negligent not to enforce the tank. Even though I have been dead against it. There is too much to gain in this next draft. And we are still crap enough to need Viney with a second rounder. Interesting times ahead!

I'd like to say we'll sneak a win somewhere before GWS, but with the current gameplan (when in doubt, and even when not in doubt, kick it long to an outnumbered contest and hand over possession) combined with all the other dramas, it's extremely unlikely. GWS will probably be a close match and I doubt we'll beat GC.

Rang robbie waterhouse for odds Dees v GWS They wouldnt make a book

I wonder why. I reminded them of their bosses claim we will bet on anything anywhere any time

What do fellow demonlanders reckon the odds should be?

Rang robbie waterhouse for odds Dees v GWS They wouldnt make a book

I wonder why. I reminded them of their bosses claim we will bet on anything anywhere any time

What do fellow demonlanders reckon the odds should be?

I'm not a betting man so I hope this seems plausible.

$1.20 Dee's

$6 - $7 GWS

Edited by Nasher
Inappropriate content removed

Joel Mac , Tom Mc , Bartram ,Morton cannot play in the same side .

Too much butchery .

Unfortunately they are though. Pretty much every week. Our bottom 6 would probably rank as maybe the worst in the league outside of GWS and GC in terms of disposal efficiency with the ball and poor decision making.

And i'm not sure how our top 6 would rate against other clubs or even who they are from week to week apart from say the automatics ins like Moloney, Jones, Howe, Jamar, Sylvia and Clark (not saying this is our only top 6...just that these would probably be our auto ins at this point if fit). And none of those are either meant to be amazing with disposal efficiency (Clark, Jamar), or alternatively all that good at it once they get their hands on the footy (maybe Howe an exception). Although this is only an opinion, i might be way off on that view but i doubt it. Would love to do a comparison of our top 6 (whoever we think they are) and bottom 6 versus other clubs. Maybe looking at.... disposal efficiency, clearances, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, play on percentage and clangers if the data was available.

There's also issues like intensity and attack on the ball carrier, pressuring the opponent, carrying out the game plan as instructed (fitness levels, footy smarts) etc that stats don't cover.

We will win some unexepcted ones, maybe this week.

:blink: .....WOW....big call Dandee. Let's hope you're right. At Etihad we'd be a slim chance of an upset i reckon. Not at the G and no Clark