How to beat Richmond next week

dees189227

Watched the WCE game again. First half was better than I originally thought. A few tweaks: tackles, turnovers (OotF) & forward setup & we can improve markedly

Admittedly the second half was horrid - on the ropes being pummelled. A decent ref would have stopped the fight.

Watched Collingwood v Tiges again. Pies ain't travelling that well & are relying on individual efforts at the moment. Which got them over the line the other night.

Am now starting to think we can win next week. Control or at least limit the influence of Riewoldt, Cotchin, Deledio & Martin. Aside from that they have some honest toilers like their captain but they have assembled a crew of ball-butchers to rival ours.

If you are sitting in the front seats, keep your hands warm

• Like 1

One thing that I want to see is that Neeld stick to his game plan for the first half. He has faith in it, I hope he is right.

If it's not working after that, and especially if the unconested possesion count is against us, I'd play man on man over the whole ground. F**K presses, zones, etc. Too many times on Saturday we had a player who had to leave their man to tackle a loose player, which in turn made their original opponent loose, which gave them cheap possesions. Neeld's instruction should be to find your number, and always know where they are. It will soon highlight who isn't working their arses off. Even though the rotations would make it difficult, if an opposition player comes off, our bloke follows him.

Our guys need to rapidly find accountability and team work. Can't think of a better way than playing 21 taggers in a team, with the 6 forwards required to play a tagger role as well as a "be tagged" role.

This season is screwed already, let's work on things that you can't work on during training.

My optimistic side says, "surely we have some pride and will bounce back and beat the tiges by 30 points".

Only if we learn from what the Cats did today to the Hawks - that's what winning means - we don't have this guts and dogged determination in our team, if ever!

How to beat Richmond next week:

Hope to hell that they forfeit!!! :lol:

Hows Colin going ?

Whats his take on the situation down there ?

We beat the tigers with Ricky P and Mitch Clark tearing it up down forward. Their backline can't handle both of them as they are both too agile and big for their backs. We will have more inside 50's this week so I hope to see Mitch Clark have one player on him not the whole backline. Jones and Magner and hopefully Couch can get in and under but we need an outside player to fire for us as well. If beamer can show some form and his Mate Russian fire's we have got this boys and girls 4 points coming our way.

We beat the tigers with Ricky P and Mitch Clark tearing it up down forward. Their backline can't handle both of them as they are both too agile and big for their backs. We will have more inside 50's this week so I hope to see Mitch Clark have one player on him not the whole backline. Jones and Magner and hopefully Couch can get in and under but we need an outside player to fire for us as well. If beamer can show some form and his Mate Russian fire's we have got this boys and girls 4 points coming our way.

Love it.................just what I'm thinking too!!!!!

If we can find a way to keep Cotchin, Deledio, and Martin quiet, we are a a real chance to win.

Hows Colin going ?

Whats his take on the situation down there ?

Gday mate. Its fair to say his and everyones confidence is pretty shattered down there. He knows he needs to lift and so does everyone. He did say that the backline has been peppered though which i cant disagree with!!!

I think theres more going on down there than we think, unfortunately I cant elaborate. :)

• Like 1

Couch in. Martin in. Davis in. TMac forward. Tynan in. Davey in if hungry.

Bennell out. Dun out. JMacdonald out. Green, rest & a walking stick.

Pressure Pressure Pressure them, and then harass them. Stick to our gamestyle, and work into the game as a team.

Jamar, Moloney, Magner, Jones, Bate is a very physically strong midfield and it will be very difficult for the young tigers to counteract that. Our forward line is better than their backline, and our backline is better than their forward line. That spells a win for the Dees.

Jamar, Moloney, Magner, Jones, Bate is a very physically strong midfield and it will be very difficult for the young tigers to counteract that. Our forward line is better than their backline, and our backline is better than their forward line. That spells a win for the Dees.

I agree with everything you have said!!! Although I thought this last year when they beat us and the way we are playing I just can't see it!!!

But I will be hopeful!!

Love it.................just what I'm thinking too!!!!!

If we can find a way to keep Cotchin, Deledio, and Martin quiet, we are a a real chance to win.

we need a strong tagger. I know Neeld comes from Collingwood who don't tag be we really need to.

Cannot have any optimism about this week. We do not have any confidence and I honestly can't see anybody standing up for us. The proof is in who we have rated the best over the last couple of weeks - new players who should be looking to leaders who just are not there.

No offence to the two Jacks as they need to be given some latitude.

It all starts in the middle which we don't have. Without getting the pill it can't go inside 50. Pretty simple. I reckon tigers by 50. Our fitness is still a huge worry looking at the second half beltings over the last two weeks. We have averaged 15 points a quarter in our 3rd and 4th quarters over the last two weeks v our opponents 40. Again I ask what about our great fitness coach Misson as we are seriously running out of puff post half time.

• Like 1

I think theres more going on down there than we think, unfortunately I cant elaborate. :)

I hate posts like this, Either tell us or don't bother saying anything, what are you trying to achieve by putting that little nugget out there?

All this does is give the doom sayers more fuel.

I don't see the point of the post without facts.

• Like 1

We can't win. I honestly think we will lose by 50+. They've shown at least some promising passages of play. We have showed nothing in 2 games so far. Can't see it clicking all of a sudden.These players don't care, get used to it. Melbourne don't know how to win.

Mark Neeld should show the playing list a film called "Zulu" with Michael Caine. Victory can be attained.

I was thinking Rocky 3, When Mick dies and Rocky gets belted by Clubber. Then gets his [censored] together with Apollo and comes good!