• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

West Coke's Tainted 2006 Premiership

jnrmac

No not at all. But Worsfold would have seen some tell tale signs &he would have had a far idea how that it happened...that is what a chemist does. He adds chemicals to chemicals to produce a change.

In no way do i think Worsfold opened the leather bag, but i do believe he chose to not act on it as the "window" was open in 2005-6.

Fore Shore, Wet coke all over the place, >

An oldie footy show, Newman at his politically incorrect best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez8-LUeE9bk

• Like 1

WYL,

Counsellors, Drug and Alcohol workers and particulary Pharmacists would know the signs. You only have to look some ones pupils and you would know they are affected by drugs. Then add in the behaviours, and Meth Amphetamines (Cousins) is particulary easy to identify. The hard part is doing something to try and change it. RR is wrong!

Worsfold can't be blamed for the culture as it seems drugs took over. I've seen it happen alot. They are very powerful substances.

And of course, you have proof of this, WYL ? You're implicating Worsfold to be some kind of mastermind schemer and hence clouding or black marking the Eagles Premiership of 2006 without any supporting evidence. On tha back of a report of a former player.

No i am not. All i am saying is that it was allowed to go on whilst the "window" was open.

Big Difference there HT.

Counsellors, Drug and Alcohol workers and particulary Pharmacists would know the signs. You only have to look some ones pupils and you would know they are affected by drugs. Then add in the behaviours, and Meth Amphetamines (Cousins) is particulary easy to identify.

I have little knowledge in this area but wouldn't noticing something amiss be dependant on a player turning up to training/a game/football function high ?

Could you get yourself blasted on a Wednesday night but be fine for Friday training ?

Just posting question i dont know the answers to.

WYL,

Counsellors, Drug and Alcohol workers and particulary Pharmacists would know the signs. You only have to look some ones pupils and you would know they are affected by drugs. Then add in the behaviours, and Meth Amphetamines (Cousins) is particulary easy to identify. The hard part is doing something to try and change it. RR is wrong!

Worsfold can't be blamed for the culture as it seems drugs took over. I've seen it happen alot. They are very powerful substances.

I have worked with addicts as well, & you are right...the signs are there if you know what too look for. It wasn't just Worsfold i am sure, there would have been others in the know but the club played their Grand Finals and then hung certain individuals out to dry...literally. I still cannot believe the club got off so lightly, apart from losing Ju$$.

I mean look at Captain Mainwarring and his demise. It went right through the joint.

I have little knowledge in this area but wouldn't noticing something amiss be dependant on a player turning up to training/a game/football function high ?

Could you get yourself blasted on a Wednesday night but be fine for Friday training ?

Just posting question i dont know the answers to.

Yes you could, but over time it gets harder to hide. But everybody reacts at a different pace. Based on Height, Weight Metabolism....

Worsfold would have known all this,& also that Perth is a long way from AFL house. News got out, but only after the window had bought fruit.

For sure. and it took pretty drastic things to happen for the AFL and the eagles to do anything about it. Fletcher almost died on an end of season trip, Cousins went off the rails bif time in public. These days Daniel Chick is apparently in a mental health clinic becasue his brain is so addled from all of the drugs.

You would still know many days later. Most druggies are poly substance users (take any drug to get off). Players not sleeping for days, then sleeping for days to catch up. Even if say, a player has taken sleepers to counter act the Meth, their behaviour becomes very erratic. Your taking two drugs that make that behaviour erratic (aggressive). Contrary to what some may think, sleepers can make ppl very aggressive.

Clubs are very well resourced and I would guess they would have tried the supportive route therefore knew of the culture well before it became public. Benny Cousins behaviour became erratic as has been publicized. He was one of the lucky ones who had the means to support a habit, but regardless he spiraled down hill eventually. The AFL knew with drug testing, I would guess so did WC.

I have to say I'm assuming alot here. But I have worked in this area for too long

none of this is news to people over here. In their prime it was not unusual to bump into these guys at a pub or club in perth / subi and be shocked at how out of it they were. Cousins especially. Hunter has always been a wild bloke

DWA, tuesday funnies >

& some Trevor Marmalade trowelling sam. >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhEf4YJaZAs

He shares the place with two others, who's to say it doesnt belong to them?

Seems a bit premature to hang,dry and quarter the guy already!

I certainly have not made thise allegations. Was careful to state that - bu tthere seems a mountain of evidence of a drug culture at the club - COusins, mainwaring, Chad FLetcher flatlining in Vegas etc etc

Judd left for a reason. And he was not stopped by the club because he threatened to spill the beans - I am pretty sure that was the case.

Their first flags were roid driven-have a look at the size of them all . Clenbuterol wouldn't have hurt them either .

I say we launch an investigation and strip them of their flags .

• Like 1

Incriminated so far:-

Cousins

Fletcher

Chick

Kerr

Hunter

Gardiner

I've forgotten someone.....can anyone help?

I'm not aware of medical evidence that "recreational" sympathomimetics enhance or detract from athletic performance.

I'm tempted to conclude from my observation of the above characters' achievements......they don't do any bloody HARM!!!!

Poor Ben always looked so puffed out. But he just kept putting in! Think how many Brownlows he would have won without the disadvantage of being a drug addict!

It beggars belief that he wasn't caught during his career when he admits he was an addict. My conclusion? In a small town like Perth, word gets around when the "random " tests are imminent. Hence his mates escaped too. BUT, certain Tassie-Waverley Hawks seem to get away with it in our big city. Perhaps that's for a different reason.

Incriminated so far:-

Cousins

Fletcher

Chick

Kerr

Hunter

Gardiner

I've forgotten someone.....can anyone help?

I'm not aware of medical evidence that "recreational" sympathomimetics enhance or detract from athletic performance.

I'm tempted to conclude from my observation of the above characters' achievements......they don't do any bloody HARM!!!!

Poor Ben always looked so puffed out. But he just kept putting in! Think how many Brownlows he would have won without the disadvantage of being a drug addict!

It beggars belief that he wasn't caught during his career when he admits he was an addict. My conclusion? In a small town like Perth, word gets around when the "random " tests are imminent. Hence his mates escaped too. BUT, certain Tassie-Waverley Hawks seem to get away with it in our big city. Perhaps that's for a different reason.

What did Kerr do to be incriminated?

I think you'd have to be on some pretty serious gear to use a taxi as a trampoline and play swords with the antenna..

oh yeah i rememebr that now.

Unfortunatley that sort of thing is common place at perth taxi ranks so it slipped my mind :/