• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Mark Jamar – free agent end of 2012

Tyson4Brownlow

Quickly and simply, if i was Gold Coast or even Port Adel, I would be having a big crack at the Russian come season’s end.

These Club seem to lack a mature ruckman, and Jamar is from SA in the Power’s case...

Jamar completes 10 years of service at the end of AFL 2012 and can leave the Demons for the club of his choice at year’s end. Gold Coast and Port would be keen i reckon, as GWS are unable to touch him due to already taking their one MFC player already.

The Russian seems loyal, and committed, and is on the brink of being on the leadership group. Really hope he stays a Demon for life!! What do others think? Please correct me if i have any of the above mistaken....

Edited by JumpinJeremyHowe

You are correct however all reports from the Melbourne camp suggest Jamar is very grateful for Melbourne holding on and letting him grow for as long as they did and thus feels indebted to Melbourne and woud stick around for as long as wanted.

We also forget he has lived in Melbourne for 10 years now its different to being a 21year old now all his friends, wife/ girlfriend live here I don't think the go home factor applies when you are looking at a +28 year old player... Correct me if I'm wrong but tbh i think he'd see more affiliation and ties with Melbourne than Adelaide.

Found this, but don't know how reliable it is:

Contracted to End of 2012

Rohan Bail

Clint Bartram

Matthew Bate

Jamie Bennell

Sam Blease

Lucas Cook

Troy Davis

Lynden Dunn

Colin Garland

Jeremy Howe

Mark Jamar

Neville Jetta

Nathan Jones

Liam Jurrah

Tom McDonald

Jordan McKenzie (Upgraded to Senior List)

Brent Moloney

Ricky Petterd

Jared Rivers

Jake Spencer (Upgraded to senior list)

James Strauss

Michael Evans

Dan Nicholson

It appears to be a bit dated, probably from the end of last season.

Edited by Good Times Grimes

GTG, none of those apply regarding the new Free Agency rules though. Rush does.

Think he was just referring to the fact we have so many to worry about; probably with many of them expected bigger $$$ in deals to squeeze all of them in it'll be tough!

GTG, none of those apply regarding the new Free Agency rules though. Rush does.

Think he was just referring to the fact we have so many to worry about; probably with many of them expected bigger $$$ in deals to squeeze all of them in it'll be tough!

DL7 is right, I was just pointing out the number of players out of contract/inquiring as to the accuracy of that list.

On a similar note, does anyone have a list of players who will be eligible for free agency at the end of 2012?

DL7 is right, I was just pointing out the number of players out of contract/inquiring as to the accuracy of that list. On a similar note, does anyone have a list of players who will be eligible for free agency at the end of 2012?

This is not 'known' and can only be guessed at due to the 25% rule that allows players not in the highest 25% paid will be allowed full FA after 8 years service.

RFA eligible - Moloney

UFA eligible - Green, Rivers, Jamar, Bate (RFA not in top 25%), Dunn (RFA not 25%)

So there are a few players entering UFA at the end of 2012.

• Like 1

There are a few issues at play that makes me feel comfortable that the Russian will stick with the Dees for life. Two have already been mentioned by DL7

Being 28 now and having lived in Melbourne as long as he has this ties to Melbourne (the city) are strong enough that it is his home now, it may be int the future that he might return home but I don't think that will be an overriding factor in him staying with us or not. The other point is that we gave him every opportunity to grow into the role, it took him a while to get there but we stuck with him where others might not have.

The point i'd like to make is that the last 5 years have been really difficult for the club, he's seen two coaches go in difficult circumstances, two wooded spoons, and loss after loss after loss. If anyone deserves the chance to see finals action it's this bloke and hopefully this wil be happening soon. I would hope he'd like to see the fruits of those labours come to pass.

Also believe that Rush owns his own Personal training business or GYM. Hence him being cut. Also a Melbourne GF. But yeah money ect can do things. Doubt it would be GC or Port.

Not worth them targeting a 28/29yo, i would be more worried about another top 8 side tbh.

Pates makes a good point.

If we want to keep players, we need to start winning. If I spent x amount of years at a shithouse club and a better offer came up, I would be out the door too (this is not directly aimed at MFC).

Hell, if the D's turn out another performance like Geelong this year and finishes bottom 6, and Jamar gets offered a better deal with a club pushing for a flag, you couldn't blame him. I know it hurts to say, but....

This is not 'known' and can only be guessed at due to the 25% rule that allows players not in the highest 25% paid will be allowed full FA after 8 years service.

RFA eligible - Moloney

UFA eligible - Green, Rivers, Jamar, Bate (RFA not in top 25%), Dunn (RFA not 25%)

So there are a few players entering UFA at the end of 2012.

i'd say of this list bate and dunn are most likely to look elsewhere and no offence to either of them but they are two of the first names mentioned for trade or delistings at this stage (on this site so must be true)

the vibe you get from the russian (through the tv screen) does seem to indicate that he wants to stay with mfc and have success here and hes had one without the other so far and all he's asked for is to be in the leadership group.

would have to be a scully like offer imo to shift him at this stage

Guest Deefence

He is also eligible for the Veterans List next year, so if we wanted to pay him more to keep him, we can find that wriggle room.

That said, will likely be a part of the leadership group this year, has been told he will play every game, and Melbourne are closing in on our 'window'. Not going anywhere in my eyes.

free agency should have an interesting effect on the competition - we will find out who is just hungry for money, who is loyal and who would move clubs and take a pay cut to go to a top team.

IMHO we should be reasonably set up for this now - salary cap room, excellent facilities and we "should" be on the up.

teams like port adelaide and north melb should be concerned - not on the up, port has no money, why would you want to go there?

what it should do is slow down the up and down cycle. teams who are down will probably stay down for longer, as teams who are up will stay up for longer as they will be more attractive to free agents. IN THEORY.

thanks for bringing this up...now we can spend the next 10 months speculating, as only Dees supporters can, about the possibility of losing Jamar.

Welcome to the new world under FA, more contracts will be signed in the designated 'FA fortnight or month' so players can maximise their earnings as they are entitled to do.

You'll get used to it...

In the context of FA, trading in players like Clark (who won't hit yr 8 until after he is 31) is at a premium now. Even trading in a kid who has been in the system for a couple of years like Gaff would be higly attractive (not withstanding of course his form as a player and all that) relative to a new 17/18 yr old draftee.

In the context of FA, trading in players like Clark (who won't hit yr 8 until after he is 31) is at a premium now. Even trading in a kid who has been in the system for a couple of years like Gaff would be higly attractive (not withstanding of course his form as a player and all that) relative to a new 17/18 yr old draftee.

Vey good point. The drafting of the 21-22 y/o will begin in earnest now...

free agency should have an interesting effect on the competition - we will find out who is just hungry for money, who is loyal and who would move clubs and take a pay cut to go to a top team.

IMHO we should be reasonably set up for this now - salary cap room, excellent facilities and we "should" be on the up.

teams like port adelaide and north melb should be concerned - not on the up, port has no money, why would you want to go there?

what it should do is slow down the up and down cycle. teams who are down will probably stay down for longer, as teams who are up will stay up for longer as they will be more attractive to free agents. IN THEORY.

Costly. And Clark like trades are very rare. It won't begin in earnest. But it may be explored if the right pick(s) can seal a deal.

The 21-22 year old will become a lot more attractive to recruit. The VFL/SANFL/WAFL comps will come under more scrutiny IMO. Yes the kids will get drafted still, but the mature age kids can be looked at as one club prospects a lot easier. The MFC has already been burnt last year in this regard.

Costly. And Clark like trades are very rare. It won't begin in earnest. But it may be explored if the right pick(s) can seal a deal.

In the context of Clark (as potentially a marquee signing), it would be costly, I'm not necessarily suggesting this would become a realistic priority for MFC - although across the AFL these sorts of signings would be even more important to clubs (hence the premium). I don't mind pointing out the extra advantage to our Clark acquisition though or any other trades that might come our way.

Some clubs will plan to pounce on FA more than other and whilst it is unavoidable (we can't lock up our list) IMO trade week will still become busier and busier as time goes by across the AFL due to FA and clubs wanting to get players on to their list in order to get the most out of their value prior to their FA window opening. IMO that 22-24 age bracket will become quite the hot spot.

Guest Jackie

Pates makes a good point.

If we want to keep players, we need to start winning. If I spent x amount of years at a shithouse club and a better offer came up, I would be out the door too (this is not directly aimed at MFC).

Hell, if the D's turn out another performance like Geelong this year and finishes bottom 6, and Jamar gets offered a better deal with a club pushing for a flag, you couldn't blame him. I know it hurts to say, but....

Yes if we have a good season that will lessen the chances of him absconding assuming he has a good year. Though positive points have been made that he will likely stay, loyalty and success do go hand in hand.

Edited by Jackie