Fox Footy is back!

Vagg

Not sure if this answers your question DC, but for Foxtel HD, it's an extra $10 a month. I think it's worth it as you can record things, and the picture quality is excellent (so it should be). I just can't seem to sell the idea to my wife though!

Ta, so look like you get HiDef + PVR function STB for $10

If you have a BIG panel then the HiDef makes a lot of sense

Ta, so look like you get HiDef + PVR function STB for $10

If you have a BIG panel then the HiDef makes a lot of sense

You get the SD PVR (160GB) with the basic package I believe.

You could be inventive and get an external hard drive if you are worried about storage space.

But there is so much crap on Foxtel...

And it is repeated often...

Yeah, you are. You have to get the base package of $45 and then the extra $16 for sport and that is just the unupdated numbers from their website as there is no sign of the Fox Footy channel in their packages.

So for $732 you can watch it...

There are minimums of 12 months sign-on and $600 plan for Foxtel.

Edit: Got a deal going for newbies - $100 install and $50 general and sport for 12 month minumum.

For a saving of $32...

Oh, and if you are already signed up, this doesn't apply to you...

so its like I said plus once-off $100 sign up fee

My wife and her life long girlfriend think it is great the new deal with Foxtel.

They are mad pies fans ( is there any other sort ) They gave up their memberships after 2010 because it is in their view

"Too hard now to be a PIES member and go to games".

"too many members makes it hard to get a good seat "

They got very tired of finding their way home from night games amid all the drunks etc.

Her girl friend is getting Foxtel so they are looking forward to games in front of the big screen with a Champers.

No drunks ( well except them ), always a good seat, no transport costs, Pies are cheap and Champers reasonable.

Guess who gets to play taxi?

Smart by fox...will force a lot of people to sign up IMO.

Myself included.

I have austar and will most def get fox footy back u sed to really enjoy it.

My wife and her life long girlfriend think it is great the new deal with Foxtel.

They are mad pies fans ( is there any other sort ) They gave up their memberships after 2010 because it is in their view

They got very tired of finding their way home from night games amid all the drunks etc.

Her girl friend is getting Foxtel so they are looking forward to games in front of the big screen with a Champers.

No drunks ( well except them ), always a good seat, no transport costs, Pies are cheap and Champers reasonable.

Get the friend to pay for Foxtel, and get your wife to pay for the taxi! Don't you do it Old Dee, not for a Collingwood supporter (regardless of your relationship with said person!). Friday/Saturday night beers are far better than sitting at home watching/waiting for a Collingwood game.

Is it too late to get a new wife OD?

.....just kidding

No, 1 game delayed by an hour the other game on Sunday changed to a 3pm start to run into their news.

My understanding is C7 broadcast games will all be live into VIC however not into other states. That is the real additional benefit for interstaters who love their footy Eg: Friday night footy on C7 into WA will still be at 10:30pm whereas FOX FOOTY will show the game live at 5:30pm WA time.

Get the friend to pay for Foxtel, and get your wife to pay for the taxi! Don't you do it Old Dee, not for a Collingwood supporter (regardless of your relationship with said person!). Friday/Saturday night beers are far better than sitting at home watching/waiting for a Collingwood game.

No mate I am not that silly just drop her off and Friends Husband and I go off to the local.

Well that is the plan

• Like 1

Is it too late to get a new wife OD?

.....just kidding

Fortunately She has other saving graces DC

and with the exception of 2010 you get to laugh at the numerous GF losses.

Would not swap her for the world.

But hopefully this will boost my Gerard Whateley time, love that bloke.

Agreed. Gerard is a breath of fresh air among the current crop of footy commentators. Although, not sure he will definitely be with Fox Footy next year. Think there was some talk that he was "considering his options". Sure hope he stays!

Agreed. Gerard is a breath of fresh air among the current crop of footy commentators. Although, not sure he will definitely be with Fox Footy next year. Think there was some talk that he was "considering his options". Sure hope he stays!

Yeah, he got a very lucrative offer from 3AW to walk away from ABC Grandstand, but decided to stay. He has this wierd thing that you don't see in modern football called a spine.

I think he was always going to remain involved with Fox though. Whether that involves panel shows or calling aswell im not sure

Some very interesting and rather exciting discussion points here. Love the fact that you are able to have some of your Fixtel membership money allocated to your club - very clever by Foxtel and very 'cool' for the clubs and supporters. Win Win Win.

Completely agree regards Gerard Whately I have really enjoyed what he has been able to produce. I just hope he doesnt get 'Eddied'

Yeah, he got a very lucrative offer from 3AW to walk away from ABC Grandstand, but decided to stay. He has this wierd thing that you don't see in modern football called a spine.

I think he was always going to remain involved with Fox though. Whether that involves panel shows or calling aswell im not sure

That's good to hear. He's definitely my favourite commenatator at the moment. I guess it's because he more like the old-fashioned radio commentators who used to work hard to paint a picture for the radio audience of what is happening on the field, as distinct from most of today's commentators who tend to spend most of every game big noting themselves and waffling on about anything and everything other than what's actually happening in the game.

I reckon Gerard's horse racing commentary experience probably helps his footy calling, given the need with horse races to get a lot of accurate info out in a short time. Anyway, whatever the cause, he's a rare gem in the industry!

until someone at Foxtel wakes up that there is money to be made from people who want ONLY the footy they wont be getting any from me.

Pretty much. They know, they're just too busy cross-subsidising hardware sold for unders / crap shows/channels they've purchased for overs . $800+ for Eddie, half a dozen MFC matches and the occasional big match? Non.

Edited by Trident

Pretty much. They know, they're just too busy cross-subsidising hardware sold for unders / crap shows/channels they've purchased for overs . $800+ for Eddie, half a dozen MFC matches and the occasional big match? Non.

1/2 dozen MFC matches? I'm assuming you will see the rest of them at the ground.

For interstaters, Foxtel is a blessing and worth every cent during an AFL season. So while some people (probably Vic-based) think it's a waste of money, it is quite cheap for others. Each to their own as far as other channels go - I watch Family Guy, iFish, Selling Houses Australia, and the wife watches Friends, etc. There are plenty of shows I like watching on the "crap" channels.

Correct, at the ground. Not sure any tv network can attain blessing status... ;) The 'crap' definition is my take on Foxtels position. If a show / channel is not rating (not alot on paytv does rate well), yet a significant price paid, that 'crap' product will still be costed into package subscriptions (potentially even those that don't even have that product).

The point is, based on channels / package each channel is currently worth 50c to $2 per month. I'd purchase a Fox Footy subscription @ 12x $5 (maybe even $10, if the existing subsidies were that bad) + install / hardware and re-commit annually if I could, but they want me to spend $700 (500%+) more on the rest. No.

As an example, if Fox Footy had been around for the entire time and been available as a standalone product Fox would have had >$1k of mine and I presume many others. It has instead had none (from the non-package opt-in crowd).

Correct, at the ground. Not sure any tv network can attain blessing status... ;) The 'crap' definition is my take on Foxtels position. If a show / channel is not rating (not alot on paytv does rate well), yet a significant price paid, that 'crap' product will still be costed into package subscriptions (potentially even those that don't even have that product).

The point is, based on channels / package each channel is currently worth 50c to $2 per month. I'd purchase a Fox Footy subscription @ 12x $5 (maybe even $10, if the existing subsidies were that bad) + install / hardware and re-commit annually if I could, but they want me to spend $700 (500%+) more on the rest. No.

As an example, if Fox Footy had been around for the entire time and been available as a standalone product Fox would have had >$1k of mine and I presume many others. It has instead had none (from the non-package opt-in crowd).

As I said Trident, each to their own, and lucky you for being able to go to as many games as you do. I probably agree that Victorian Foxtel customers wouldn't get the same value out of the same product that Austar customers would get. What I mean by that is that, for example, a Horsham-based Melbourne supporter would find the $60 a month quite an affordable way of being able to watch the Dee's play live every week, albeit a majority of it on TV rather than in the flesh. Us interstat supporters rely on Austar/Foxtel to be able to get our AFL fix, and at $60 a month, it is worth every cent. And becuase I watch a number of the other channels, especially sky racing, there is a lot of value for our dollar.

When Channel 9 shared the AFL screening it was terrible for NSW/QLD viewers, especially on a Friday night as we couldn't get AFL until 11:30pm - after both RL games, unless you had pay TV where they would show it live on the main event channel. Even the last couple of seasons had the Friday night games live on main event, where it was delayed on free-to-air.

Pay TV is always going to have differences of opinion, but I know I can't do without it during footy season. Providing they don't raise the price too much, I'll be a customer for many, many years to come.

For those wanting to negotiate a better deal with Foxtel read the following from the Whirlpool forum Foxtel - Bargaining Part 3

Some pretty amazing deals if you play the game

This is very true.

They are very keen to keep you on the drip feed for as long as possible and smash you in the years you can't be stuffed calling up and having a [censored] for tat with Customer Relations...