jayceebee31

Which is the classy way is that? Offer them another contract when their careers were past it?

Junior could have been done better.

But hell Neitz, White Yze and Robbo were finished as footballers well before they left MFC. After years of just ruling the roost, all of those mentioned bar Neitz have whinged like cut cats over their false sense of entitlement. MFC use to be a great superannuation plan for many LT players. We used to give one too many 2-3 year contract at the end of their careers

Better Management would have handled it better - I've got no facts to back it up but pre 2007 we didn't seem to have anywhere near as many ugly endings .

Yeah , ya right about most of our experienced players being finished but my point was about how it all ended for most of them - ugly

And the bloke who probably had final say on the endings - Bailey .

Noticed it hasn't happened this year btw - funny that .

I was half expecting Green to get the chop given our immediate past record .

Cheers Rhino .

If he gets another year at the Hawks ( as reported ) does that mean he gets another 300k ? Melbourne might have turfed him . Good luck to him ( just don't play well against us ! )

Btw I don't like the way the Club has ended the careers of many of our experienced players in the last 5 years - it's been ugly on too many occasions - could have been done a lot better - there's a classy way to do it and then there has been our way - it can create a siege mentality - " Every man for himself ! "

What exactly should the club do when ending a career? I am sure no one likes doing it, But when a career is over, it's over...Doing it "nicely" can often just prolong what needs to be done.

How should the MFC have broken the news to JMac? (not being nasty here, i am interested on how people would have done it)

I know Bails was upset with how JMac left us, but i don't know what else you do.

What exactly should the club do when ending a career? I am sure no one likes doing it, But when a career is over, it's over...Doing it "nicely" can often just prolong what needs to be done.

How should the MFC have broken the news to JMac? (not being nasty here, i am interested on how people would have done it)

I know Bails was upset with how JMac left us, but i don't know what else you do.

I don't know how you end it for players - I've got zero expertise in that area as do probably most of us .

All I know is that Melbourne didn't do it at all well from 2007 - 2010 and I reckon it created a siege mentality and is possibly a reason why Cam left .

Anyway , The Hawks obviously see it differently hey ? He's got another year by the looks of it .

I don't know how you end it for players - I've got zero expertise in that area as do probably most of us .

All I know is that Melbourne didn't do it at all well from 2007 - 2010 and I reckon it created a siege mentality and is possibly a reason why Cam left .

Anyway , The Hawks obviously see it differently hey ? He's got another year by the looks of it .

But what did the Club do?? We had under performed for decades whilst paying "Good" Players "Great" Wages

Far as i see it the Club was in a Rock & A Hard Place...It's Gonna Hurt, so do it Quick.

I think Bailey did a Brave Job up until last year...Yes Hawthorn have Given Cam another year-There window is still within reach.

At Melbourne by the end of 2007 we had to start again because of lazy list management....different situations as i see it.

Tappy & Strauss didn't exactly set the world on fire this year, I think a fully fit Bruce would have earned his spot ahead of them if we were purely picking teams to win games...but thems the breaks.

Sad to see him finish this way, would have been interesting to see how he went without injuries this year... Loved the bloke but the Hawks would be silly to give him another year now I reckon. Wish he'd backed himself to stay a year with us and then had a ripper. Ciao Brucey, I'll always remember your goal square candy selling vanishing ninja goal in that Carlton Final. :ph34r:

But what did the Club do?? We had under performed for decades whilst paying "Good" Players "Great" Wages

Far as i see it the Club was in a Rock & A Hard Place...It's Gonna Hurt, so do it Quick.

I think Bailey did a Brave Job up until last year...Yes Hawthorn have Given Cam another year-There window is still within reach.

At Melbourne by the end of 2007 we had to start again because of lazy list management....different situations as i see it.

Yeah ya right about our list - probably the end of 2005 really if ya think about it .

Back to Bruce ! I'm done unless ....................

Yeah ya right about our list - probably the end of 2005 really if ya think about it .

Back to Bruce ! I'm done unless ....................

It was a Bad attitude that had to stop,,,,Bailey was the man given the job....We must never forget the ground work he did.

• Like 1

Some bitter, twisted people on this forum. He was not only a great player, but a great person. I too, have met him on at least three occasions and he was really easy going and friendly. His loyalty to Junior and his rough deal had a lot to do with his departure as well as his being shown the door. Thanks for all those great games Cam. You never failed to run your guts out week in, week out. Hope the club welcomes you back soon now that Bailey has gone.

Well Well Well Brucey stays on the Hawks list. No doubt a huge shock for most except a few hey bobby.

Good luck to him.

Wrong! He was laughing at the prospect of Cam being a FITNESS adviser. The 'not tough enough' comment came later. Read Flemo56's comment again Yoda.

Wasn't having a go at his fitness at all or being a fitness coach just thought it was a good name for HIS group of fitness followers if he gets into it, but always did think he was soft, but hey we have had plenty for way to long and there look's like change is finally coming to our GREAT CLUB.

Better Management would have handled it better - I've got no facts to back it up but pre 2007 we didn't seem to have anywhere near as many ugly endings .

How could it have been done better post 2007? Can you give individual examples? I can give you examples where we treated each of the past champs very fairly indeed better than they would have got elsewhere.

As for pre 2007, I recall the Ox bleated louder than 2007 boys put together when his body and performances gave way. Could we have handled that better by putting a sock in it at the time?

Football is harsh game where opportunities are finite and time you start and the date your last game is played is not in the control of the individual.

Yeah , ya right about most of our experienced players being finished but my point was about how it all ended for most of them - ugly

And the bloke who probably had final say on the endings - Bailey .

When Bailey took over the football list at MFC was a trainwreck of sparse talent. Our best over the previous five years were either broken down or had become fringe players bouncing back and forth from VFL to AFL. He also took over a culture swamp where too many of our alleged "leaders" were overly selfish me too players who had a false of expectation notwithstanding others could see them wilting in the AFL. Bailey also got rid of dweebs like TJ and Carroll immediately.

Bailey gets criticised for alot of things but I believe he should be recognised for the respectful and sensible way he turned the list over in his first 3 years and was prepare to blood younger players and see past greats off limping into the sunset.

Noticed it hasn't happened this year btw - funny that .

I was half expecting Green to get the chop given our immediate past record .

He had a "poor" year and kicked 37 goals while he clearly struggled with the captaincy. Yes lets get rid of him

So what didn't they do well. If you dont know you end it for players then how do you MFC did not do it well?

Which is the classy way is that? Offer them another contract when their careers were past it?

Junior could have been done better.

But hell Neitz, White Yze and Robbo were finished as footballers well before they left MFC. After years of just ruling the roost, all of those mentioned bar Neitz have whinged like cut cats over their false sense of entitlement. MFC use to be a great superannuation plan for many LT players. We used to give one too many 2-3 year contract at the end of their careers

Exactly, some clubs, (mostly those who are perpetually failing), overrate their players, compared to the power clubs.

How do the Saints pay 100% of their cap with that list???

Edited by dee-luded

So what didn't they do well. If you dont know you end it for players then how do you MFC did not do it well?

Observation .

How could it have been done better post 2007? Can you give individual examples? I can give you examples where we treated each of the past champs very fairly indeed better than they would have got elsewhere.

As for pre 2007, I recall the Ox bleated louder than 2007 boys put together when his body and performances gave way. Could we have handled that better by putting a sock in it at the time?

Football is harsh game where opportunities are finite and time you start and the date your last game is played is not in the control of the individual.

When Bailey took over the football list at MFC was a trainwreck of sparse talent. Our best over the previous five years were either broken down or had become fringe players bouncing back and forth from VFL to AFL. He also took over a culture swamp where too many of our alleged "leaders" were overly selfish me too players who had a false of expectation notwithstanding others could see them wilting in the AFL. Bailey also got rid of dweebs like TJ and Carroll immediately.

Bailey gets criticised for alot of things but I believe he should be recognised for the respectful and sensible way he turned the list over in his first 3 years and was prepare to blood younger players and see past greats off limping into the sunset.

He had a "poor" year and kicked 37 goals while he clearly struggled with the captaincy. Yes lets get rid of him

Yze , Robbo , Junior , Bruce , Trav - all ugly exits - I could name others but you'll probably tear strips off them .

The Ox your only example - any other ugly exits pre 2007 ?

Trav a dweeb ? What is a dweeb ? Somebody who plays pinball ? Great player btw and won us many games .

Btw - are there any past players that you like ?

Well Well Well Brucey stays on the Hawks list. No doubt a huge shock for most except a few hey bobby.

Good luck to him.

Actually quite surprised. Gee,the Hawks give him a second year after just 9 games.(Bad knee injury). Yet, the Demons don't show the same faith in a man, who for a whole decade was in the top ten in the B&F including one Bluey and runner up twice. Glad for Cameron and I hope he has an injury free season. No, I am definitely not a Hawks fan but they have shown Bruce some decency in this matter. Maybe our new football department will be a vast improvement on the old one. Let's hope so. Go Demons!!!!!!!!

Yze , Robbo , Junior , Bruce , Trav - all ugly exits - I could name others but you'll probably tear strips off them .

How were these guys badly treated? Or are you just taking the Media line.

They were very well paid until the end, and then the club made the call that these players could no longer player Top Line AFL again...Remember who pays the wages...The Club..

Do you think a huge Party in a Hotel with all the supporters present would sort it out?

As far as continuing on the list the club made the right calls....Cameron was offered a contract remember...he left for less.

How were these guys badly treated? Or are you just taking the Media line.

They were very well paid until the end, and then the club made the call that these players could no longer player Top Line AFL again...Remember who pays the wages...The Club..

Do you think a huge Party in a Hotel with all the supporters present would sort it out?

As far as continuing on the list the club made the right calls....Cameron was offered a contract remember...he left for less.

We're getting nowhere here - agree to disagree time

We're getting nowhere here - agree to disagree time

Fair enough, but i thought you might actually know what the club & Bailey did that was so Bad as far as list management.

Someone will answer the question one day.

The Ox your only example - any other ugly exits pre 2007 ?

Trav a dweeb ? What is a dweeb ? Somebody who plays pinball ? Great player btw and won us many games .

Btw - are there any past players that you like ?

For the third time, I will ask WHY were they ugly exits? Give me examples of details. I have given you one example where I did not think the exit was ugly just because the player squealed about it. Footballers are often the last to see when the game has passed them by. In the case of Yze, Robbo it had passed them by. No other club wanted to PSD them when they went into the draft.

Trav had loads of ability but for 2002 and 2005, his performance were poor for a No 1 pick. Lacked the maturity and drive to get the most out of himself. Spent his final years at MFC playing lazy with no defensive skills and picking up cheap uncontested possessions which never hurt the oppositon. Could not handle a tag. Never worked hard enough. MFC won tatts trading him to the Lions where he withered on the vine. If we could just Grimes fit..

I like all the players you labelled ugly exits. I dont believe in giving them further contracts when they are shot as footballers.

Now see if you can answer the question?

If he gets another year at the Hawks ( as reported ) does that mean he gets another 300k ? Melbourne might have turfed him . Good luck to him ( just don't play well against us ! )

Btw I don't like the way the Club has ended the careers of many of our experienced players in the last 5 years - it's been ugly on too many occasions - could have been done a lot better - there's a classy way to do it and then there has been our way - it can create a siege mentality - " Every man for himself ! "

Disagree - and it is not an MFC thing - its the same in every code. When the player and club are in agreement that "time is up" then it ends sweetly. It is when the player doesn't want to accept that his time is up that it ends with some acrimony. Its the way of the world.

• Like 1

For the third time, I will ask WHY were they ugly exits? Give me examples of details. I have given you one example where I did not think the exit was ugly just because the player squealed about it. Footballers are often the last to see when the game has passed them by. In the case of Yze, Robbo it had passed them by. No other club wanted to PSD them when they went into the draft.

Trav had loads of ability but for 2002 and 2005, his performance were poor for a No 1 pick. Lacked the maturity and drive to get the most out of himself. Spent his final years at MFC playing lazy with no defensive skills and picking up cheap uncontested possessions which never hurt the oppositon. Could not handle a tag. Never worked hard enough. MFC won tatts trading him to the Lions where he withered on the vine. If we could just Grimes fit..

I like all the players you labelled ugly exits. I dont believe in giving them further contracts when they are shot as footballers.

Now see if you can answer the question?

Why were they ugly exits ? Ask the club - they were the people involved - that's gonna have to do you ! As I've said before - my observation was that we've had too many ugly exits - "The why" is a club issue .

Don't agree with you at all re Johnno .

Btw - I've got no problem with ANY player of any club trying to maximise their income at the end of their careers - often players get paid "Unders" at the start of their career's - you're a long time retired ( in most sports )

Btw - I've got no problem with ANY player of any club trying to maximise their income at the end of their careers - often players get paid "Unders" at the start of their career's - you're a long time retired ( in most sports )

By the same token the club is looking after the clubs interest and i have no problem with the club telling a player that his career is done and dusted. Trouble is - so many players really dont want hear or accept those words