Go Cats - Premiers again! What a relief...

dee-luded

Poor form closing the other thread Nasher.

Sucked in Collingwood. I've had 'Back to back' claims shoved down my throat all year.

Stocked that Pies lost. Geelong are deserving winners. Tommahawk firing was good to see.

maybe nasher is a closet collingwood fan?

maybe it was an overreaction to the Bolter court decision?

sure is a mystery to me

Gee DC I will be more circumspect next time.

Really is a pity that Mick did not go out covered in glory.

I am so disappointed the the Pies did not win two in a row.

Really sad that Swan could not add a GF medal to his Brownlow.

SO So disappointed that Eddie was disappointed.

And I really unhappy for the 500 000 pies supporters crying them selves to sleep tonight.

Imagaine the disappointment of all those little kids.

Sorry Pies you were the best team all year.

Edited by old dee

Where's your generosity you people?

This is a great Win for the Cats & footy in general. And about how to build a solid culture & club. Oner to be admired like Matthews Lions & the Old Hawks dynasties.

Not to mention the Old checker & Smith dynasties. This is Our roadmap to get back to where we want to be???

But everyone just wants to be destructive, instead of being positive & constructive.

A this rate we won't get there.

This is a great Win for the Cats & footy in general. And about how to build a solid culture & club. Oner to be admired like Matthews Lions & the Old Hawks dynasties.

Not to mention the Old checker & Smith dynasties. This is Our roadmap to get back to where we want to be???

But everyone just wants to be destructive, instead of being positive & constructive.

Oh Lighten up Mate.

I sure we all enjoyed the game and the fact that the cats played so well etc.

It is just a bonus who they beat.

For all those who want to shelve Fitzpatrick have a look at Hawkins today.

This guy IMO has been next to useless for the majority of his time in Geelong Seniors.

And today he played well and sunk the pies in the last half.

These big guys do take time

I might add I would have cut him by now so shows how much I know!

PS just shows how hard they are to win.

The Pies were the best team all year and got rolled on the day it counts the most.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

The next best result to Melbourne winning is the filth losing.The commentators talk about the"greatest era ever". Surely we still hold that? Even though I wasn't born. We HAD

the greatest era ever.

Edited by Biffen

Not sure what generosity has to do with anything. In fact, not sure what your entire post has to do with anything. All of what you said can be true while at the same time enjoying the return of the Collywobbles.

Oh Lighten up Mate.

I sure we all enjoyed the game and the fact that the cats played so well etc.

It is just a bonus who they beat.

For all those who want to shelve Fitzpatrick have a look at Hawkins today.

This guy IMO has been next to useless for the majority of his time in Geelong Seniors.

And today he played well and sunk the pies in the last half.

These big guys do take time

I might add I would have cut him by now so shows how much I know!

PS just shows how hard they are to win.

The Pies were the best team all year and got rolled on the day it counts the most.

Absoutely we want to celebrate today as Dees supporters.

But lets do it in a solid and constructive way. Where we can all feel the happiness, instead of the sour grapes that pervade peoples minds. It's poisonous and is what will derail our ability to build a solid club again.

Clubs are built on good will, not on bad spirits and just pathetic blackness. Yes we can laugh and be happy that the Pies and ed failed again. But we can do it in a positive way by sharing the Cats positivity.

Not sure what generosity has to do with anything. In fact, not sure what your entire post has to do with anything. All of what you said can be true while at the same time enjoying the return of the Collywobbles.

Absolutely. But it's the type of energy you use and generate by doing this celebration, that shows the depth of character.

This is our club and the character I admire was the character displayed by coach Scott when on the dais.

If we want to give it to the Pies do it face to face with Pie freinds. And have a laugh with them. Lets not be like drunk yobbo's at 4.00AM in King st, where abuse reigns over and above good times.

I know this year hasn't been the greatest for all of us. But lets sum up the end of the year.

Head coach who can scare the crap out of players and attempt to harden them up: CHECK

Head coach surrounded by the best available assistants: CHECK

Administration being aggressive in recruiting coaches and spending some dollars into the FD: CHECK

No more hearing about "you know who" and if he is signing or leaving: CHECK

Max Gawn showing that tall blokes can dance: CHECK

AND THE PIES WOBBLE : CHECK CHECK CHECK!

• Like 1

Absolutely. But it's the type of energy you use and generate by doing this celebration, that shows the depth of character.

This is our club and the character I admire was the character displayed by coach Scott when on the dais.

If we want to give it to the Pies do it face to face with Pie freinds. And have a laugh with them. Lets not be like drunk yobbo's at 4.00AM in King st, where abuse reigns over and above good times.

We all celebrate in our own way; me I couldn't work out whether I wanted the Cats to win more than I wanted Collingwood to lose and after about 1 millisecond I said to myself "what are you thinking you hate Collingwood, of course that's why you want them to lose".

I'm sorry for enjoying the colliwobbles. They are a great team but I still like seeing them lose. I have copped their crap all year and have had many a run in with some of their "Lovely" supporters over the years at the G. I couldn't see the filth keeping everything under wraps if they won so they can cry me a river!

We all celebrate in our own way; me I couldn't work out whether I wanted the Cats to win more than I wanted Collingwood to lose and after about 1 millisecond I said to myself "what are you thinking you hate Collingwood, of course that's why you want them to lose".

Totally. So was I, with a passion. I did not want the Pies, but moreso ed, to get his way again. I'm Rapt.

But abusive threads aren't needed to show our happiness and gratitude to the cats players who played their hearts out to get this result we craved.

Go Cats - 2011 Premiers.

Guest The Exorcist

Totally. So was I, with a passion. I did not want the Pies, but moreso ed, to get his way again. I'm Rapt.

But abusive threads aren't needed to show our happiness and gratitude to the cats players who played their hearts out to get this result we craved.

Go Cats - 2011 Premiers.

This is war dee-luded and as we've learned so often as Melbourne fans the nice guys finish last.

Stuff 'em and kick 'em while they're down.

This is an 18-team take no prisoners competition where only the tough and brutish thrive.

Let's stop being so nice.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? 'Suck Eggs' is abusive?

Yes. Well done to the cats. They thoroughly deserved it and besides the dee's ive been hoping they win it all year.

But I hate Collingwood. I've put up with pie suppoters being the worst winners all year. Sucked in to them losing. When someone asks me who you would like to win besides your own team, the answer is always 'anyone but collingwood'

Also I don't view this as being negative. Most pie supporters love it that they are so hated. It brings them closer together and has the whole all of them vs us.

I hope we are hated more soon.

What are you talking about? 'Suck Eggs' is abusive?

Yes. Well done to the cats. They thoroughly deserved it and besides the dee's ive been hoping they win it all year.

But I hate Collingwood. I've put up with pie suppoters being the worst winners all year. Sucked in to them losing. When someone asks me who you would like to win besides your own team, the answer is always 'anyone but collingwood'

Also I don't view this as being negative. Most pie supporters love it that they are so hated. It brings them closer together and has the whole all of them vs us.

I hope we are hated more soon.

Sheedy at GW$ is trying to build up a hatred culture there with his arrogance and would love nothing more than having all Victorians clubs hate them. Unfortunately for Sheedy most can see him for what he is and will feel nothing but distain for them and sorrow for him.

Collingwood love to be hated and it works for them.

This is war dee-luded and as we've learned so often as Melbourne fans the nice guys finish last.

Stuff 'em and kick 'em while they're down.

This is an 18-team take no prisoners competition where only the tough and brutish thrive.

Let's stop being so nice.

Don't mistake me being too Nice. I make it my place to take on the thugs.

And protect the underdog.

When threatened I can get nasty, out on the park of life.

But we can still maintain Values while we laugh at the opposition.

We don't have to Be like the Pies supporters to be Hard.

And while I'm at it, I've got to say how Rapt I am for the Catters & Scott in his first Year, to Put an end to Eddies Grand Plan to shaft MM after building that empire.

Go-Dees.

Edited by dee-luded

I went to the Pies v Hawks prelim, and was forced to endure the pathetic droning "Collingwood" chant over and over and hear 10 renditions of Good old Collingwood forever while being held up on the foot bridge by a mob who were doing a pregame march to the G from the Westpac Centre.

I thought I hated them before, this just tipped over the edge...............I was cheering like a Cat fan today..............just a brilliant win.......great to see Collingwood cop that today, but also absolute respect for Geelong as a club and players who lost their coach and best player, and still delivered a result like that!

Selwood and Bartel.............what absolute stars, champion players in every sense of the word!

Great win Cats, and what a great club!

Geelong set a high standard don't they....We have long hard gut wrenching days ahead of us don't we MFC.

We must get BETTER & STRONGER for 2012 onwards...We all saw the skill level set today...a level that will get harder each year...Our new coaches have a clean slate to excellence...