New Forum Software

Demonland

Given the tens of hours work that Andy has spent this week on the s/ware upgrade, I reckon it's an opportune time to mention Demonland subscription.

I sent off $40 this morning and I urge fellow Deevotees to get on board and 'put your money where your posts are'.

The link is on the navigation bar below the site banner.

Given the tens of hours work that Andy has spent this week on the s/ware upgrade, I reckon it's an opportune time to mention Demonland subscription.

I sent off $40 this morning and I urge fellow Deevotees to get on board and 'put your money where your posts are'.

The link is on the navigation bar below the site banner.

I was going to send you off a personal thank you as I have been doing for all of those who have generously donated to the running and maintaining of this site. Thank you.

Without wanting to harp on it the IPB app is nothing like it was. Don't know if this is anything that you can control but under the old system Demonland was very easy to read and post on from iPhone. Not now which is a shame.

Great work Andy, I reckon the site looks better than ever (pity that Jordie didn't get a go on the banner but I can live with that, storm in a tea cup really....)

Without wanting to harp on it the IPB app is nothing like it was. Don't know if this is anything that you can control but under the old system Demonland was very easy to read and post on from iPhone. Not now which is a shame.

Great work Andy, I reckon the site looks better than ever (pity that Jordie didn't get a go on the banner but I can live with that, storm in a tea cup really....)

I will be introducing a mobile theme in the coming weeks. I just wanted to nail down the web theme first which also looks great on the iPad. The mobile theme should look great on the iPhone. Stay tuned.

• Like 2

I will be introducing a mobile theme in the coming weeks. I just wanted to nail down the web theme first which also looks great on the iPad. The mobile theme should look great on the iPhone. Stay tuned.

Is there anything this man can't do?

Hi Andy .... Am I the only one having difficulty up-loading my new avatar? I just keep getting the message "Failed to set a new photo". Maybe it has more to do with the nut behind the keyboard than it does the new software, but I've never had this problem before. I'm using Chrome

ps. this is a low priority request. You are doing a fantastic job with the upgrade, and I don't want to divert you from more important tasks. Thanks

Hi Andy .... Am I the only one having difficulty up-loading my new avatar? I just keep getting the message "Failed to set a new photo". Maybe it has more to do with the nut behind the keyboard than it does the new software, but I've never had this problem before. I'm using Chrome

ps. this is a low priority request. You are doing a fantastic job with the upgrade, and I don't want to divert you from more important tasks. Thanks

How big is the image you are trying to upload? Maybe it is too large. Is it just a normal sized avatar image? Perhap you can post the link to the image you want.

How big is the image you are trying to upload? Maybe it is too large. Is it just a normal sized avatar image? Perhap you can post the link to the image you want.

Thanks Andy. It's just a normal sized avatar image (the one I used previously), but I still can't get it to work. I'll talk to my far more computer literate (than me) kids before worrying you again.

Not sure if you got this from last evening Andy as i actually replied to you via Mono who was also asking if it was opossible to condense lines and/or fit them to page width if possible....>>>

"Andy... not wanting to tell you "how to" as i'm only a novice when it comes to CSS and web design, but any possibility you could try a fluid page layout using a percentage (%) or 0 under percentage in the CSS page wrap command? I think that might help the page auto re-size (scale) in almost any browser and screen resolution. One thing i enjoyed on the previous site was that it auto scaled (from memory i think so anyway) so i didn't need to use the bottom scroll bar to read the sentances in each post. They just fitted/scaled into the screen size (res). This might cause other significant issues of course so not expecting any miracles either."

End (thanks for listening lol)

Well that went down a treat :rolleyes:

Sorry about that but I'm juggling work, a 4 week old, a 3 year old, demonland and a life. Really very sorry for ignoring you amongst all that.

To answer your query the board is already set as fluid and not fixed.

Ok... just that the fluid (auto scale/width) aint workin' here as far as i can tell (bottom scroll bar! :rolleyes: )....

~ ducks under the coffee table watching for flying glasses, plates....and soiled napies :ph34r:

Ok... just that the fluid (auto scale/width) aint workin' here as far as i can tell (bottom scroll bar! :rolleyes: )....

~ ducks under the coffee table watching for flying glasses, plates....and soiled napies :ph34r:

I guess it depends on your monitor size and in turn the size of the window you are using to display the page. IPB definitely use a fluid width. Even a fluid with will produce a scroll bar if the window size is small.

see here:

ok then i'll do it the manual way, thanks

strange they should update software and go backwards in something like this and the imbedded media one

I have found out why it is. If you want to create a link write what you want linked. In this example I will use the words click here. Write Click Here and highlight it with your mouse. Then click on Insert link icon and the web address pop up will pop up. Write or paste your link in and the words Click Here will appear like this:

Click Here

I guess it depends on your monitor size and in turn the size of the window you are using to display the page. IPB definitely use a fluid width. Even a fluid with will produce a scroll bar if the window size is small.

see here:

Solved it..... thanks.... it's all coming back to me :)

I have found out why it is. If you want to create a link write what you want linked. In this example I will use the words click here. Write Click Here and highlight it with your mouse. Then click on Insert link icon and the web address pop up will pop up. Write or paste your link in and the words Click Here will appear like this:

Click Here

brilliant....thanks Andy

sometime later when your head is above water we can discuss how to do imbedded videos etc

Yet curiously I couldn't post on the old Demonland from my iPad, but now it's a dream! Love the upgrade!

• Like 1

brilliant....thanks Andy

sometime later when your head is above water we can discuss how to do imbedded videos etc

Worked it out. Click the icon to the left of the Font drop down box.

Select Media or any of the other options and paste the link to You Tube or other video source. Click OK.