Chip Frawley for Captain in 2012

PRIME

Captain Chip Frawley!  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of your responses was that you would take jamar but prefer Jones.

Jonesy for captain,i must live in a different dimension.He is one of the undetectable,by some,cancers at melbourne.

Turns the ball over,goes when he wants to go and is terrible in close. Yes he does do the occasionally almost brilliant thing though most often than not this is followed by an attempt to be beyond brilliant leading to turnover and opposition goals.

His decision making is terrible and i believe he is a selfish footballer,rarely bringing players into the game,he likes to do things by himself. He does not do the simple team things well ,a terrible link in a chain of handballs.

He is seen to be tough though i am in discordance,HE RARELY GOES LOW ,and i mean with impending oncoming contact,IF EVER,which is the new courage in AFL.He comes of the outer to line someone up and has a tendency to bump rather than tackle in these situations.He is also a poor tackler as he tends to hug rather than pin one arm in order for the chance of holding the ball or for the ball to spill from the tackle in our forward line.

For some reason he has some currency among a few fans and pundits,i would put him, up for trade though doubt you would get much.WHY?Because the people in the know,OPPOSITIONS,NEVER,EVER TAG HIM.

He is the biggest optical illusion in the AFL.Shaved head,tatts , good build and an angry look will not confuse Neeld,my guess is you will be seeing alot more of him at Casey next year.

If he is our next captain keeping up with the jones will be a serious mistake.

So that's a no for jones in your mind then....lol

So that's a no for jones in your mind then....lol

we really do need that 'sarcasm' emoticon.. or even a special font !! lol

Jonesy for captain,i must live in a different dimension.He is one of the undetectable,by some,cancers at melbourne.

Turns the ball over,goes when he wants to go and is terrible in close. Yes he does do the occasionally almost brilliant thing though most often than not this is followed by an attempt to be beyond brilliant leading to turnover and opposition goals.

His decision making is terrible and i believe he is a selfish footballer,rarely bringing players into the game,he likes to do things by himself. He does not do the simple team things well ,a terrible link in a chain of handballs.

He is seen to be tough though i am in discordance,HE RARELY GOES LOW ,and i mean with impending oncoming contact,IF EVER,which is the new courage in AFL.He comes of the outer to line someone up and has a tendency to bump rather than tackle in these situations.He is also a poor tackler as he tends to hug rather than pin one arm in order for the chance of holding the ball or for the ball to spill from the tackle in our forward line.

For some reason he has some currency among a few fans and pundits,i would put him, up for trade though doubt you would get much.WHY?Because the people in the know,OPPOSITIONS,NEVER,EVER TAG HIM.

He is the biggest optical illusion in the AFL.Shaved head,tatts , good build and an angry look will not confuse Neeld,my guess is you will be seeing alot more of him at Casey next year.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that bonjohn. I watch Jones quite closely, and seem to see alot that other "more learned" individuals miss because he took a while to bloom and now they just dismiss him off hand. He will go very close to winning the Bluey this year, has been one of the most consistent players in the side all season and has very similar stats at his age to what one D. Swan had at the same age. And considering that he took a leap forward this year, seems to now have settled right in and be on the improve. Yes, he has brain fades, but there are very few in our side who don't. With an improved midfield and delivery out of the backline, he will be even more dangerous, as he (hopefully) won't get given the ball under the pressure that he has been for the last couple seasons. If you think he'll be at Casey alot next year, I expect you will be quite disappointed.

Guest bonjohn

We'll have to agree to disagree on that bonjohn. I watch Jones quite closely, and seem to see alot that other "more learned" individuals miss because he took a while to bloom and now they just dismiss him off hand. He will go very close to winning the Bluey this year, has been one of the most consistent players in the side all season and has very similar stats at his age to what one D. Swan had at the same age. And considering that he took a leap forward this year, seems to now have settled right in and be on the improve. Yes, he has brain fades, but there are very few in our side who don't. With an improved midfield and delivery out of the backline, he will be even more dangerous, as he (hopefully) won't get given the ball under the pressure that he has been for the last couple seasons. If you think he'll be at Casey alot next year, I expect you will be quite disappointed.

Jones has been an untouchable at melbourne.How are we travelling ?What is best and fairest worth at mfc this year?Even less if he wins it. You might watch him closely but is this from the back row of the southern stand,just kidding. i appreciate your opinion and would like you to answer me 2 questions.

1. if we were to put him up for trade what would we get,ie what is his currency?

2.do you believe oppositions put any planning into Jones on match day ?

These are not rhetorical questions , iam genuinely intereste on your POV / / /

Guest bonjohn

Sorry but i re read your reply and your Dane Swan comparison,i am not an avid user of lol,but i really did at least chuckle a little.Stats,the realm of the supercoach fan.

You will never win a flag or push for the top four with a Nathan Jones in your side.

Jones has been an untouchable at melbourne.How are we travelling ?What is best and fairest worth at mfc this year?Even less if he wins it. You might watch him closely but is this from the back row of the southern stand,just kidding. i appreciate your opinion and would like you to answer me 2 questions.

1. if we were to put him up for trade what would we get,ie what is his currency?

2.do you believe oppositions put any planning into Jones on match day ?

These are not rhetorical questions , iam genuinely intereste on your POV / / /

What is best and fairest worth?? Moloney, Trengove, Watts..... All good (at times very good) players. To be best and fairest, or close, with guys like this in the team is no mean feat. Sure, it is not best and fairest at the premiers, but that can't be changed. Credit where it is due though. I personally value this footy club and the players who give their all for it, so to me the Best and Fairest has alot of value. Each to their own, although I suggest the people who think it has no worth look elsewhere to "support" a footy club, perhaps go and find one they can feel proud of.

1. I have absolutely no idea, as I do not follow "trade value" too closely. I imagine he would be a mid tier target at the moment. I am not here saying he is a topliner, I'm not an idiot, what I am talking about is potential. He is one of the hardest workers at the club, and that effort he puts in has helped him improve dramatically this year, and I have no doubt whatsoever that he will continue to improve next year.

2. As to whether other clubs put any effort into planning for him, you'd be a buffoon to think that a fair amount of effort doesn't go into planning for every player on the field. We are not talking about schoolboy footy where old mate over there is useless. These are all high level football players. Every single one of them will be planned for. Will he receive more attention that Trenners, probably not, but who gives a [censored]. The less attention he gets the better I say.

Sorry but i re read your reply and your Dane Swan comparison,i am not an avid user of lol,but i really did at least chuckle a little.Stats,the realm of the supercoach fan.

You will never win a flag or push for the top four with a Nathan Jones in your side.

Chuckle all you like. The fact is that stats go further than anything to show the value of a player. Have a look at the stats for this year. I think you will find that players viewed as the best players in the league are also somewhere near the top of the stats sheets. Just because he has similar stats now, doesn't mean he will be the same in the end. But it goes to show that at the moment he is at the level a player widely regarded as one of the best in the league was at the same age. Ignore that if you wish, but to me it shows potential, and until the day he stops training as hard as anyone, and stops improving he is best 22 for me and I'm pretty damn sure you will find that opinion to be the same at club level.

I know it sounds nutty but I remember Grant thomas having several captains when St kilda were on the rise. At the time they didn't have an obvious leader and I thought it was ridiculous but on field they now have hayes,reiwoldt and Goddard who are all leaders. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad an idea until we have an obvious captain.

I can't for the life of me understand how people can want Grimes as captain. No doubt he's got leadership qualities and when he's out on the park I love the way he goes about it but the poor guy has been struggling from one serious injury to another. For crying out loud let him get some games into him, hell let him get a close to full season before we thrust this important responsibility on him.

• Like 3

I can't for the life of me understand how people can want Grimes as captain. No doubt he's got leadership qualities and when he's out on the park I love the way he goes about it but the poor guy has been struggling from one serious injury to another. For crying out loud let him get some games into him, hell let him get a close to full season before we thrust this important responsibility on him.

I totally agree Pates. I don't even know how we're supposed to form a concrete view of him as a player when he's been completely unable to string games together. I think most of us are pretty happy what we've seen so far, but he's still just in the potential stage really rather than being an established player. Let the bloke stabilise his career first.

There just doesn't seem to be any logic whatsoever in the Grimes for captain movement.

Im surprised somewhat that any really think Trengove needs to mature. He might only be 20 yo but hes got the level headedness of a 30yo to put on those shoulders.

yes Im an unashamed Trengove fan and so might be a tad biased. I just dont really see manyother candidates with the whole package.

Im very much infavour of a Capt who can always be in amongst the game as there are times when its HIS ( captains) efforts that will lift or turn the tide. That was my only qualm with Neeta.. became ineffectual on the field if the game wasnt anywhere near him. You become effectively neutered. This reflected is the same concern for Chippa.

Grimes looked the goods...but with a coach on the sidelines do we need the captain there as well.

The cpatian needs to be someone who , strangely enough , can lead. He should understand the temp and nuances of the game and so can imerse himself where and when needed to affect the mmod of the teams performance. That is aswell and beyond his own game role..

He needs temperment, poise and footy smarts. He needs the absolute respect of his peers and he needs to , dare I say it., bleed Red and Blue

A little bit of dash and pizzaz doesnt hurt either.

Im surprised somewhat that any really think Trengove needs to mature. He might only be 20 yo but hes got the level headedness of a 30yo to put on those shoulders.

yes Im an unashamed Trengove fan and so might be a tad biased. I just dont really see manyother candidates with the whole package.

Im very much infavour of a Capt who can always be in amongst the game as there are times when its HIS ( captains) efforts that will lift or turn the tide. That was my only qualm with Neeta.. became ineffectual on the field if the game wasnt anywhere near him. You become effectively neutered. This reflected is the same concern for Chippa.

Grimes looked the goods...but with a coach on the sidelines do we need the captain there as well.

The cpatian needs to be someone who , strangely enough , can lead. He should understand the temp and nuances of the game and so can imerse himself where and when needed to affect the mmod of the teams performance. That is aswell and beyond his own game role..

He needs temperment, poise and footy smarts. He needs the absolute respect of his peers and he needs to , dare I say it., bleed Red and Blue

A little bit of dash and pizzaz doesnt hurt either.

Does your man have this? I mean 100% have this?

Trengove is 2 years in to his apprenticeship. Sometimes an apprentice can get their qualification in 3 years, but to expect him to have it after 2 years is just (and it's not by much) premature. He has leadership potential, and at times exceeded that potential, but there are still areas that I wont him to work on before taking on that responsibility, and think he can get away with it out of the "captain's spotlight".

Trengove is 2 years in to his apprenticeship. Sometimes an apprentice can get their qualification in 3 years, but to expect him to have it after 2 years is just (and it's not by much) premature. He has leadership potential, and at times exceeded that potential, but there are still areas that I wont him to work on before taking on that responsibility, and think he can get away with it out of the "captain's spotlight".

It's a good question.

And it's a reason why I wouldn't ask his 'peers' - well, those over 23...

What right does Jared Rivers or Aaron Davey or Colin Sylvia have to judge the leadership of Jack Trengove?

You set a premise whereby he supposedly must have beenaround for 3 years . What drawer did you pull that one out of ?

I simply dont accept sucha notion. In life you are ready or youre not. Often time, age , sometimes experiennce isnt the absolute. It appropriateness and "fit"

Billy I accept you dont think he is....you might like to accept I do

It will be very interesting to see who Neeld appoints, well I hope he appoints someone as clearly this mob havent a clue about picking from within their own midst. I hark back to mynotion a platoon does pick its seargent, nor should it.

This team actually needs to be lead, not 'catered' to. Actually...all teams do.

Edited by belzebub59

I wonder how Brad Green will play and lead under a new coach?

Anyway, Jack Grimes for mine, with Trengove, Jones and Rivers as assistants.

Chip is a good leader but I don't see him as captain.....

I also wonder about Greens capabilities under a new coach, especially this one although I don't see Davey leading anyone into the future.

But for me Grimes has always had my vote as the next captain, with both Trengove and Watts added to the leadership group.

Dare I say it... Co-Captains in 2012? If there's no stand-out then share it until there is. Moloney & Green.

Trenners is 2 years away, let him focus on his footy.

Jones is a frustrating player, and i'll admit i had a good chuckle reading your post BUT i think he is improving.

No way should he ever be captain, but id be supprised if he spend 2012 playing in the magoo's.