Fremantle sack Mark Harvey

whitito

FML. I really want Lyon. What does Freo have to offer him that we can't?

That's my issue with all this too Jaded. Surely we have a list he would love, and allowing him to stay in Melbourne for bloody good money. :wacko:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything comes out of this that we never contacted Ross Lyon....with the deal that was reported....then surly we would have stitched up MM???

Just a thought

Jt I have been thinking this all week.

It looks more like MM ever day to me.

Harvey was told of on Thursday morning of his dismissal and is understood to have been shocked at Fremantle’s decision. He was told by Fremantle heavyweights that the club had snared a top coach in a “chance of a lifetime” coaching recruitment for the Dockers and their prospects of premiership into the next two to three seasons.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/09/15/lyon-to-replace-harvey-at-dockers/

Breaking Bad is amazing HC, truly amazing..Nearly finished season 2...The Girlfriend has just choked

Don't say a word about the outcome!!!!!

season 5 has been commissioned....

Well you're in for a real treat if you're only up to season 2, season 4 IMO is the best of the lot. So so intense. Season 4 has 13 episodes and they have signed on for

16 final episodes to finish it off over 2 seasons. The writers will be able to tie it all up perfectly. Vince gilligan (x files writer producer) is a gun!

Anyhow back to the Harvey situation, this is bad bad news for MFC. It's MM or bust now for me but I'd bet money we get another rookie coach, it's the MFC way. Is there any danger we could stop all our moves reaching the media first like the dockers? Got to hand it to them nobody saw it coming and if they have Lyon they've done a super job.

Totally agree. Just when I think this week can't get any worse!! Seems like a bizarre decision by RL if it's true. Surely he was at the top of our list, above MM who I think would struggle without the amazing support structure the Pies have.

That's my issue with all this too Jaded. Surely we have a list he would love, and allowing him to stay in Melbourne for bloody good money. :wacko:

Fremantle has money to burn in terms of football departments.

After the big boys feed at the trough well pick up the leftovers.

We will have an untried coach next year.

This just keeps getting juicier by the day.

More twists than a Hitchcock plot.

Rumour on SEN that Lyon approached Freo (not other way) 5 weeks ago, and deal done soon after. Integrity issues??? Amazing set of circumstances.

I was thinking that it was a bit underhanded by Fremantle to be making offers to other coaches. But maybe not! Pretty crazy stuff.

I am far more furious, upset and dissolutioned about this than I was about Scully.

Come on, we have had more time than anyone to get our coaching situation sorted and here we are, losing out to goddamn Freo.

FFS where is the hope in supporting this club?

I was thinking that it was a bit underhanded by Fremantle to be making offers to other coaches. But maybe not! Pretty crazy stuff.

Very crazy. And just now, that apparently as fact, Freo told Mark Harvey twice in sacking meeting that the "better man" they had was Ross Lyon! Bugger me.

I am far more furious, upset and dissolutioned about this than I was about Scully.

Come on, we have had more time than anyone to get our coaching situation sorted and here we are, losing out to goddamn Freo.

FFS where is the hope in supporting this club?

You don't consider Malthouse at all??

I do...patience grasshopper.....

If anything comes out of this that we never contacted Ross Lyon....with the deal that was reported....then surly we would have stitched up MM???

Just a thought

One can only hope..... otherwise the Saints are now in play.....

Maybe they've played their hand already on MM :blink:

I think Gazza's body language just might give us a bit of a clue tonight as to whether we've got our man...or still out there looking. I'm sure he'll be peppered about it regardless.

amazing ROSS LYON to FREO.

seems like players had a hand in booting mark harvey.

with FD.

tail wagging the poodle..

and that ROSS LYON management has been hunting freo job for a number of weeks..

seems MELB. never had a chance..

ROBERT HARVEY NEW SAINTS "INTERIM" COACH !

what ever that means ?

Edited by fuchsia

Maybe he was offeed 6 mill for 6 years with 2 mill up front.

I find it very hard to believe that Lyon would chose Fremantle over us.

I'm starting to think we never even gave him an offer.... if you get my drift...

Hopefully its a sign that we already had someone lined up.... because the alternative is we really SUCK majorly!