Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Yes, but 'Crisi-tunity' and all that - if he is off, we should trade the picks and get some ready made talent.

But whom ? Its an ideal ..for sure. what are you looking for ( player type) ..and possibly from where ? just curious, dont mind the idea at all...all depends.

The MFC doesn't dissolve because of this, we show our resolve because of this.

Completely agree. Many just wont see it currently for the grieving, but we wil be far stronger as a club afterwards. Some see it as fracturing. .I prefer galvanising. Those that HAVE signed are making a statement and a foundation upon which to go forward.

Probably like everyone else Id just rather it all over so we can all get on with things without distraction..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trengove, Moloney, Jones, McKenzie, Sylvia, Jetta, Gysberts, Viney, Evans, Davey and now Bate.

Who needs a Scully with a dodgy knee and attitued problem?

2 first round draft picks, and salary cap space, thankyou very much!

GWS and Scully, welcome to your nightmare.

Well said Ron, spot on

.....but you still have to feel sorry for rpfc :mellow:

lol

You do!!

Nah, it's not all bad but christ, I have to put up with 4 of these bloody GWS games a year...

Well, hopefully the Dees come up...

They are doing the Davis announcement at Marist College?

That doesn't mean much to those outside of Canberra but WTF?

It's a school day.

It's like going down to Assumption College and announcing you've poached Alex Rance...

Anywho, this mess is nearly at it's crescendo.

It doesn't look good, but we're the MFC - it never looks good...

Marist? WTF?

Wow, GWS really knows how to stage a press conference..... They should have had it in the main street of Queanbeyan.

(I coach the under 16's Queanbeyan side (to the flag this year mind you) so I can bag struggle town!)

Guest Thomo

It's interesting the mindless Melbourne v Sydney debate on this site.

For a start, you will find most Sydney-siders speak very generously of Melbourne. That's not to say they'd rather live there, just that they really like it.

It's much the same as the New Zealand v Australia debate. I find that many Kiwis are quite vocal in their thoughts about Australia and Australians, whereas most Australians don't particularly care about what Kiwis think about Australia at all.

Perhaps it's the big brother thing.

Personally, I absolutely love Melbourne, but I prefer living in Sydney. Bottom line though is that they are actually very different cities with very different offerings. And in a country like Australia where there aren't heaps of viable alternatives, that's a great thing.

As to where to live in Sydney, I live in Potts Point. There is literally no equivalent in Melbourne (or anywhere else in Australia for that matter). IMO this area represents the closest thing Australia has to NYC (West Village in particular), and my wife and I like that. Many here, I expect, wouldn't like living in the area - and I'm totally cool with that. Ultimately it's just a matter of opinion ie, it's not a 'fact', perhaps like many of the other things on this thread that are said to be 'facts' are in reality not 'facts' at all.

Well said Ron.

I live on the Northern Beaches. I grew up in Melbourne until mid twenties, have lived in other cites, and have lived in Sydney for 6 years. I would never move back to Melbourne, and I can't understand why anyone would. But that's just my opinion.

The reason I made the point about parts of Sydney being a great place to live earlier in this thread, is that many posters on here have been insisting that the only reason Scully would move is for the money, because Sydney is a terrible place to live. That may be their opinion. It is not the opinion of four million people in Sydney, and may not be the opinion of Tom Scully. He may spend an hour in Manly and never want to go back to Berwick again, or he may hate it, but to post that money is the only reason to come here is a huge assumption by many posters.

Mary Mary not quite so care-y

How does your footy team grow

From slight of hand and pillaged fields

and brown bagged kids in a row

But whom ? Its an ideal ..for sure. what are you looking for ( player type) ..and possibly from where ? just curious, dont mind the idea at all...all depends.

Completely agree. Many just wont see it currently for the grieving, but we wil be far stronger as a club afterwards. Some see it as fracturing. .I prefer galvanising. Those that HAVE signed are making a statement and a foundation upon which to go forward.

Probably like everyone else Id just rather it all over so we can all get on with things without distraction..

I'm ok with it taking this long, but I am a procrastinator (you have to be as a Lander...) and I also want to be without a coach in mid-October, because if we are then we have got Malthouse...

I love this line from Caroline Wilson today...

Scully reportedly learned about a month ago of an official offer from the AFL's 18th club and while Melbourne has counter punched since then, the Demons 2009 priority pick has all but decided to move to Sydney.

So the article is about Scully pretty much 98% sure as far as i know but i can't be certain but i've got a couple of good sources but they can't be named but they are pretty confident that he's gone but there's a slight chance he might stay but actually i have no idea.

Can i have her job and get paid as much as she does? Pathetic...

A strong club doesn't loose a number 1 draft pick and runner up in rising star

A strong club doesn't loose their potential best player

A club with leadership doesn't put up with this farce

A club hopeful of retaining a player doesn't sell it as the place to be by loosing by 186 points

The naivety of Scully sympathisers extraordinary

This saga is the truest reflection of ourselves and our inability to achieve on field

success. Now our inability to retain talent has us going backwards even faster.

'Use the Scully picks on ready made talent' What a joke!!!

We have no chance of attracting anyone or getting anyone to commit to us

What's the selling point come join the bruise free demons who loose by 186 points.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

I don't know whether Tom has signed or not but I don't understand why people don't think he must have already signed because to wait until the end of the year is ludacris. I know it isn't the same but I like to look at his situation with mine when looking for a potential university to study at:

I had received an early offer (before I sat my TEE) to attend Notre Dame University, however after the exam period, my TEE score was high enough to attend the University of WA which was regarded as a better University to study Law. I didn't think about which university to attend until the end of the year. At the end of the year I visited both universities and decided Notre Dame was the university for me, it felt 'right', plus I felt a need to repay the faith that they had shown me in offering me an early offer to attend the University before I had sat TEE (worth 50%) of yearly grade.

A club hoepful of retaining a player doesn't sell it as the place to be by loosing by 186 points

This saga is the truest reflection of ourselves and our inability to achieve on field

What's the selling point come join the bruise free demons who loose by 186 points.

You're right. We are not a strong club.

But whinging and hand-wringing won't make us great again.

So you can wallow and howl at the moon and blame those who aren't - but that won't make this club strong will it?

If he stays - we move on.

If he goes - we move on.

If you don't think there is a way out of our present situation - then you can take your leave.

So what is it?

Move forward on what we can do to achieve the flag we want?

Or [censored] off?

A club hopeful of retaining a player doesn't sell it as the place to be by loosing by 186 points

Geelong lost their favorite son and the best player in the league. They are one of the strongest clubs in the league with strong leadership and on field success.

Our big loss would want Tom to leave? Well if he hated that he is probably going to the wrong club.

You really think that it is "extraordinary" that Melbourne supports would have faith and support a Melbourne player?

Maybe it is time you gave it away mate, you sound like yout about to drive to the Westgate!!

It does seem quite incredible that a number 1 pick wasn't even signed up to a 3 year deal. But that's hindsight for you.

If he does go then I believe that unless a deal too good to refuse comes our way, we're better off holding off using the picks until at least next year. In a deaper draft without anymore draft conessions for GWS they should hold some value. And who knows, a decent year next year with a good new coach, maybe we will have players start to look in our direction.

You're right. We are not a strong club.But whinging and hand-wringing won't make us great again.So you can wallow and howl at the moon and blame those who aren't - but that won't make this club strong will it?If he stays - we move on.If he goes - we move on.If you don't think there is a way out of our present situation - then you can take your leave.So what is it?Move forward on what we can do to achieve the flag we want? Or [censored] off?

The way out is quite simple really

never again accept mediocrity again

If a side wants to loose by 186

they entire leadership group is sacked and they play magoos till they prove themselves

pick the best team to play pick the best leadership group

Get rid of Leading Teams

Get rid of a useless, dysfunctional football department

If someone doesn't go in hard win their own ball then they are traded

We no longer stand as a wasteland of also rans not up to it

That the likes of Newton played senior games this year is the issue

We're happy being pathetic, supporters accept it not many have the guts to challenge it.

It does seem quite incredible that a number 1 pick wasn't even signed up to a 3 year deal. But that's hindsight for you.

If he does go then I believe that unless a deal too good to refuse comes our way, we're better off holding off using the picks until at least next year. In a deaper draft without anymore draft conessions for GWS they should hold some value. And who knows, a decent year next year with a good new coach, maybe we will have players start to look in our direction.

You cant sign draftees for any more than 2 years to start with. They can agree to extensions (like Watts and Trengove have), but you cant make them....

I don't know whether Tom has signed or not but I don't understand why people don't think he must have already signed because to wait until the end of the year is ludacris. I know it isn't the same but I like to look at his situation with mine when looking for a potential university to study at:

I had received an early offer (before I sat my TEE) to attend Notre Dame University, however after the exam period, my TEE score was high enough to attend the University of WA which was regarded as a better University to study Law. I didn't think about which university to attend until the end of the year. At the end of the year I visited both universities and decided Notre Dame was the university for me, it felt 'right', plus I felt a need to repay the faith that they had shown me in offering me an early offer to attend the University before I had sat TEE (worth 50%) of yearly grade.

Nothing like it mate sorry to say. Not sure how people compare there jobs/uni. Massive difference when you play footy to win premierships as a team. University you go to get the best education possible.

Geelong lost their favorite son and the best player in the league. They are one of the strongest clubs in the league with strong leadership and on field success.Our big loss would want Tom to leave? Well if he hated that he is probably going to the wrong club.You really think that it is "extraordinary" that Melbourne supports would have faith and support a Melbourne player?Maybe it is time you gave it away mate, you sound like yout about to drive to the Westgate!!

Oh dear if you don't see the difference between Ablett and Scully I feel sorry for you

Ablett helped deliver success to his club he contributed to 2 premierships and a brownlow

He repaid the faith no one at Geelong can be upset about what he did at the club they were successful

we are not

they were

we will continue not to be if the status quo maintains

The 186 point loss should have been the absolute end of the uncommitted

They club should of eye balled everyone they way Adelaide did and those who were not committed 2012 forwards

told the magoos was the place for them including Scully.

But the club accepts 50% from our players most of the time why would this be any different.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

You cant sign draftees for any more than 2 years to start with. They can agree to extensions (like Watts and Trengove have), but you cant make them....

They signed Trengove on the 3 year deal to try and seperate the contracts so they wouldn't be signing at the same time.

West Coast won't draft players unless they'll agree to an initial 3 year contract. It can be done.

The way out is quite simple really; never again accept mediocrity again. If a side wants to loose by 186;

- the entire leadership group is sacked and they play magoos till they prove themselves,

- pick the best team to play pick the best leadership group

- Get rid of Leading Teams

- Get rid of a useless, dysfunctional football department

- If someone doesn't go in hard win their own ball then they are traded

- We no longer stand as a wasteland of also rans not up to it

- That the likes of Newton played senior games this year is the issue

- We're happy being pathetic, supporters accept it not many have the guts to challenge it.

There I fixed your bloody impossible to read post structure.

1. I want to sack the LG.

2. Yes, next.

3. Leading Teams can eff off but they cannot create leadership only find it. We don't have it.

4. FD will be re-structured immensely by Lyon/Stynes.Next!

5. Trade softies? Yeah, ok...

6. Get rid of also-ran players...Yeah, ok.

7. Newton played like two games. But ok, no playing of rookies - [censored] off Nicho!

8. ARE WE PATHETIC SUPPORTERS?! HOW THE FRACK IS THAT! AM I?

You picked up, and scoffed at, my idea of using the hypothetical draft picks we get for Scully on ready made talent.

Am I a pathetic supporter for accepting we are crap?

Or am I a pathetic supporter because I believe there is a way out of the mire?

I am getting fed up with this 'woe is Melbourne' attitude!

Buck up, people.

We have got work to do...

There I fixed your bloody impossible to read post structure.1. I want to sack the LG.2. Yes, next.3. Leading Teams can eff off but they cannot create leadership only find it. We don't have it.4. FD will be re-structured immensely by Lyon/Stynes.Next!5. Trade softies? Yeah, ok...6. Get rid of also-ran players...Yeah, ok.7. Newton played like two games. But ok, no playing of rookies - [censored] off Nicho!8. ARE WE PATHETIC SUPPORTERS?! HOW THE FRACK IS THAT! AM I? You picked up, and scoffed at, my idea of using the hypothetical draft picks we get for Scully on ready made talent.Am I a pathetic supporter for accepting we are crap? Or am I a pathetic supporter because I believe there is a way out of the mire?I am getting fed up with this 'woe is Melbourne' attitude!Buck up, people. We have got work to do...

The club is/has been pathetic

The supporters are honest punters who only have best intentions and are continually let down.