Malthouse won't be at Collingwood in 2012

beelzebub

ok Mick cant coach next year but any chance that he could be head of coaching same job as what collingwood have offered.

with viney our coach next year with Mick pulling all the strings then to take over as head coach at the end of next year ?

as they have said he will not be coaching any where next year.

he wants out at years end or so is said.

a year out of football is a long time with how quick the game can pass you bye

:wub:

and said he would love to coach MELBOURNE

Filter thru recent threads before you start one up old mate.

This one's already getting to done to absolute death!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake, if the Blues manage to lose their finals match to Essendon (unlikely, but certainly possible) they will have exited the finals in week 1 for the third year in a row. Ratten will lose his job.

The Blues CEO is Greg Swann, former CEO at Collingwood, and there are also ex Pies in Gavin Brown and Alan Richardson already there as assistants. The Blues have a [censored] load of money and will believe their team is close to playing off for a Flag. Malthouse would guess that he could win them a flag within a couple of years. It would be a no brainer.

Realistically, it's at least a 5 yr re-build at the Dees to win a flag. At his age, is Malthouse likely to sign up for such a long haul? I suspect not.

Make no mistake, if the Blues manage to lose their finals match to Essendon (unlikely, but certainly possible) they will have exited the finals in week 1 for the third year in a row. Ratten will lose his job.

The Blues CEO is Greg Swann, former CEO at Collingwood, and there are also ex Pies in Gavin Brown and Alan Richardson already there as assistants. The Blues have a [censored] load of money and will believe their team is close to playing off for a Flag. Malthouse would guess that he could win them a flag within a couple of years. It would be a no brainer.

Realistically, it's at least a 5 yr re-build at the Dees to win a flag. At his age, is Malthouse likely to sign up for such a long haul? I suspect not.

I reckon it comes down to list assessment and what Mick is looking for as his next challenge. Biased as I am, I think Carlton are a few pieces short of a premiership ( big forward, quality KPB, etc...) and will follow the trajectory of the Dogs and Saints and fall short before their window closes (i.e. when Judd retires). The MFC seems to have all the pieces, but is younger and hence will require more years to improve them enought to win a flag.

Mick will know that it takes a couple of years to imprint your gameplan, communication style and development paths on a team so I reckon he'll see the MFC as perfectly placed with players likely to blossom over the next 2 years giving him a realistic tilt in 2014...

Also I reckon the Blues are cocky enough to think that just a little bit of tinkering will win them a flag. Where as at Melbourne, we've suffered so much, we'll hand the keys to the joint to Mick if he reckons he can deliver the holy grail (in our lifetimes...).

Quite a few ifs in there.

Over Eddie's dead and charred body would MM go to Carlton in 2012 - Eddie would drive him to MFC headquarters himself rather than have that happen!

And Carlton have a shitload of debt - I'm sure they could find the funds for MM but they're not better off than us currently, except for Jeannie Pratt.

MM is 3 seasons short of Jock McHale's all time games coaching record - if he coaches on he'll do at least 3 years.

The MFC seems to have all the pieces

How do you figure that? We are missing 2 or 3 big blokes for a start, have heavily invested in midfield talent that is getting beaten in clearances by Gold Coast and whoever else we play and have a good promising backline.

We only started addressing our lack of key position talls in the last draft and we are missing a few good kickers.

our list is promising but hardly without missing pieces.

Quite a few ifs in there.

Over Eddie's dead and charred body would MM go to Carlton in 2012 - Eddie would drive him to MFC headquarters himself rather than have that happen!

And Carlton have a shitload of debt - I'm sure they could find the funds for MM but they're not better off than us currently, except for Jeannie Pratt.

MM is 3 seasons short of Jock McHale's all time games coaching record - if he coaches on he'll do at least 3 years.

I honestly don't think those at Carlton are too concerned with their debt. They keep doubling up. If they want someone, they'll do their best to get it. Probably with the Pratt family and VISY as support. So if they want a coach, Swann might want Malthouse, 'if' they lose their first final (EF) and drop out.

And how they are mentioned as being interested in Butcher....whenever anything comes up, Carlton are always there as an interested party. {!!}

How on earth could they fit a 'all of a sudden in high demand Butcher' under their cap ? Some of their lesser senior players must be playing on next to nothing. They would have to trade someone of highish value in return. Ie. Waite/Walker

How do you figure that? We are missing 2 or 3 big blokes for a start, have heavily invested in midfield talent that is getting beaten in clearances by Gold Coast and whoever else we play and have a good promising backline.

We only started addressing our lack of key position talls in the last draft and we are missing a few good kickers.

our list is promising but hardly without missing pieces.

I think that we have the Big forward pieces in Watts, Cook, Fitzy and Gawn, but they will take till 2013-2014 to be imposing. Likewise our talented but underweight young mids (plus Jack V) will bulk up over the next couple of years and be cherry ripe 2013-2014.

Gaps will emerge but the base is there, esp relative to the Blues... IMO

How on earth could they fit a 'all of a sudden in high demand Butcher' under their cap ? Some of their lesser senior players must be playing on next to nothing.

All players at Carlton other than the rookies are employed by Visy and are therefore not included in the salary cap. At the moment their salary cap spending is $42.00 for the whole list. Kreuzer does Jeannie Pratt's hair, Murphy makes her breakfast, Gibbs washes her car, Jamison drives her to the shops, Eddie watches TV with her, Judd pops in to Visy once a year wave his green flag, Garlett baby sits Jeannie's dogs, Waite helps in the garden, Walker helps with some of the cleaning, Henderson gets her mail from the letterbox, Setanta helps clean the pool, Warnock helps dust the ceiling, Hampson shows her his photos of Megan Gale, etc etc.

All players at Carlton other than the rookies are employed by Visy and are therefore not included in the salary cap. At the moment their salary cap spending is $42.00 for the whole list. Kreuzer does Jeannie Pratt's hair, Murphy makes her breakfast, Gibbs washes her car, Jamison drives her to the shops, Eddie watches TV with her, Judd pops in to Visy once a year wave his green flag, Garlett baby sits Jeannie's dogs, Waite helps in the garden, Walker helps with some of the cleaning, Henderson gets her mail from the letterbox, Setanta helps clean the pool, Warnock helps dust the ceiling, Hampson shows her his photos of Megan Gale, etc etc.

Well that explains things.

Has anyone seen Chris Judd do anything as ambassador for VISY this year ? Even last year ?

Btw, I reckon Malthouse will be our new coach.

Carlton are still over $ 7 Million in debt...so they are not that flush with funds....You could still be right in your assessment, but too that i say the MFC have to really dig in hard here.

We want the BEST Coach to lead this list.

Stuff Carlton....We are Melbourne.

What a mini series it would be :lol: Fcuk i hate anything to do with Carlscum.

Jack Watts has represented Energy Watch far more times in one week than Ju$$ has for Visy in 3 years! It is an absolute disgrace what the AFL have allowed to fester under there nose.

Ken Woods is as useful as the ACCC.

We must be ruthless ourselves to beat that loathsome club....