Another Rodney Eade rumour

Listening to 3AW this morning Neil Mitchell relayed the following information that he had heard and that was that Eade had had informal talks with Collingwood with regard to the Director of Football position. He then went on to question how Malthouse would feel about that if he doesnt already know and does that mean if it is true that Malthouse may still be on the move - could we by chance see Mick in the red and the blue.

Just passing it on for what it is worth. Only time will tell.

With regard to Mickey the most logical path for him ( imho ) is that he'll agree to disagree with Collingwood. . Eddie will agree to pay him his 1M to effectively sit out of footy ( coaching ) for 2012. He'll probably go and do what ever 'guest' jobs he can find ( wont be hard ) in the media. He'll take up the reigns somewhere in 2013.

Once Mickey loses the top job at the Filth he'll want nothing to do with the club really.. Hell only only be rucking antlers with Bucks otherwise.

He may move on in 2012..but Eddie will be at pains to keep him out of our ( or others ) grasp for the interim.

Keep in mind Eade will be in Informal talks with anyone who'll listen to him. Hes the least appealing of the unemployed whos still making a run for a #1 guernsey.

Listening to 3AW this morning Neil Mitchell relayed the following information that he had heard and that was that Eade had had informal talks with Collingwood with regard to the Director of Football position. He then went on to question how Malthouse would feel about that if he doesnt already know and does that mean if it is true that Malthouse may still be on the move - could we by chance see Mick in the red and the blue.

Just passing it on for what it is worth. Only time will tell.

Mitchell is merely echoing what Julian de Stoop said on Fox Sports a couple of weeks ago.

Malthouse is still very much in play.

Guest Gareth Keenan

It's rubbish.

Collingwood wouldn't bother contacting Eade if Malthouse was still in the picture, and if he is out of the picture, do you really think it would be known and that the club would keep him on as coach throughout the finals?

I think he'll have a serious interest in the MFC job, but won't give a hint of that until Collingwood is done playing for the year.

No point at all in upsetting the apple cart.

It's rubbish.

Collingwood wouldn't bother contacting Eade if Malthouse was still in the picture, and if he is out of the picture, do you really think it would be known and that the club would keep him on as coach throughout the finals?

I think he'll have a serious interest in the MFC job, but won't give a hint of that until Collingwood is done playing for the year.

Collingwood won't sack MM in the lead up or during the finals, even if he banged Eddie's wife. Would be way more destabilizing than holding on to him if they know he is gone.

The Million dollar question is just how much money Eddie is prepared to come up with to ensure Mick doesnt wander in 2012 ?

The reason Mick and Eddie cant really agree on a particular role for 2012 is that is all reality there isnt one that would satisfy all parties, especially Mick. . He wont want to be overseeing anything thats essentially a figment of the imagination, i.e a lame duck exercise. Conversely Buckley doesnt want Malthouse hanging around looking over his shoulder either.

Here we have 3 Alpha males ...all with very very big egos. Only thing for certain is neither Eddie nor Bucks is going anywhere soon. Eddie doesnt want MM faliing into emeny hands, well not any earlier than can be helped. So all Eddie can really do dois throqw a few fists full of dollars Mickeys way and allow him to sit out a year and do what ever he likes in the media.. In Eddies mind this might cement the hallowed trifecta of results.

So what are informal talks really ? Has Eades people made a call to Eddies people ? ..how about a coffee ?? . No foul no harm etc.

You can bet Eades people are on the blower to anyone who'll pick up the phone.

Keep in mind this is the silly end of the season :rolleyes:

I didnt hear it but it is my opinion Neil Mitchell hates collingwood much more than he "Likes" MFC.

He seems to have a set against Gary Pert in particular and being the vindictive type Mitchell is I wouldnt be surprised he is stirring the possum.

This rumour is crap. Collingwood don't need a director of football. They needed a job to keep Malthouse happy as Buckley takes over - so came up with the director of coaching. If Malthouse leaves I doubt they will put anyone in, yet alone Eade.

Eddie seems to really hold Rocket in glowing terms. I feel Rocket to MFC would be a great move- maybe even at the dispense of C.C.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Maybe that might be the way inclined for some GarEth. Buckley and Eddie may have had Eade on a conference call. :)

Ooh, you're a sharp one HT...

Mitchell is merely echoing what Julian de Stoop said on Fox Sports a couple of weeks ago.

Malthouse is still very much in play.

Correct, but potentially incorrect.

Malthouse is very unlikely to be a the Pies next year if what I'm hearing is true. Irrespective of winning the flag this year, they are on the cusp of a dynasty. They don't want to disrupt the 2011 tilt so everyone is towing the party line (Malthouse has started rocking with his comments recently). As of next year there is serious concern at board level about Buckhouse getting along, especially with the increasing friction between the two this year. The Pies will let Malthouse go without a serious protest.

The crows and dogs have their selection panels and processes all go-go-go with media fanfare to boot. The usual media rumour mongers have zilch on the Dees. All we have announced is a bogus selection panel (McLardy and Lyon the only true participants). We ended our media release on Tues with "won't be rushed, no time line". Crap. The timeline will go til after the Granny.

Malthouse to Melbourne (M2M) has been in gear now for months by our board and various powerbrokers. I heard on the weekend that Malthouse may already have a behind the scenes agreement with the Dees - pending a backflip from the Pies re Buckley senior coach next year.

Bailey was gone months ago aswell. He has been on thin ice for a long while and nearly got the flick a number of times earlier in the year. The board is determined not to waste the list and rebuild years, hence going for the top experienced coach(es).

Now I haven't heard this but think the 5 mill 5 year offers being bandied about are to say we are serious and to get these top coaches interested in our ability to resource the FD appropriately. I don't know where the Lyon stuff started or how it fits in with what I've heard. I think the board would would be very keen to appoint him if he was keen irrespective, of the MM rumours.

It's rubbish.

The problem is with awaiting the wobbles to finish the ir season means 1/2 of what's out there will be either resigned or appointed. So the dilemma is whether we await Mick or not. This may seem left field but how bout entertaining Vineys crew for 2012 and weigh it up after then... Maybe TV is a good coach who doesn't know it yet.....

Malthouse is very unlikely to be a the Pies next year if what I'm hearing is true. Irrespective of winning the flag this year, they are on the cusp of a dynasty. They don't want to disrupt the 2011 tilt so everyone is towing the party line (Malthouse has started rocking with his comments recently). As of next year there is serious concern at board level about Buckhouse getting along, especially with the increasing friction between the two this year. The Pies will let Malthouse go without a serious protest.

The crows and dogs have their selection panels and processes all go-go-go with media fanfare to boot. The usual media rumour mongers have zilch on the Dees. All we have announced is a bogus selection panel (McLardy and Lyon the only true participants). We ended our media release on Tues with "won't be rushed, no time line". Crap. The timeline will go til after the Granny.

Malthouse to Melbourne (M2M) has been in gear now for months by our board and various powerbrokers. I heard on the weekend that Malthouse may already have a behind the scenes agreement with the Dees - pending a backflip from the Pies re Buckley senior coach next year.

Bailey was gone months ago aswell. He has been on thin ice for a long while and nearly got the flick a number of times earlier in the year. The board is determined not to waste the list and rebuild years, hence going for the top experienced coach(es).

Now I haven't heard this but think the 5 mill 5 year offers being bandied about are to say we are serious and to get these top coaches interested in our ability to resource the FD appropriately. I don't know where the Lyon stuff started or how it fits in with what I've heard. I think the board would would be very keen to appoint him if he was keen irrespective, of the MM rumours.

Interesting scenario there Mr Boozle...do you have contacts close enough to the coalface?

What you say sounds very promising.....The Board have pretty much let 2011 go for the betterment of tomorrow.....It certainly would give the AFL a good shot in the arm.

MALTHOUSE TO MELBOURNE....a headline i want to see.

The Million dollar question is just how much money Eddie is prepared to come up with to ensure Mick doesnt wander in 2012 ?

The reason Mick and Eddie cant really agree on a particular role for 2012 is that is all reality there isnt one that would satisfy all parties, especially Mick. . He wont want to be overseeing anything thats essentially a figment of the imagination, i.e a lame duck exercise. Conversely Buckley doesnt want Malthouse hanging around looking over his shoulder either.

Here we have 3 Alpha males ...all with very very big egos. Only thing for certain is neither Eddie nor Bucks is going anywhere soon. Eddie doesnt want MM faliing into emeny hands, well not any earlier than can be helped. So all Eddie can really do dois throqw a few fists full of dollars Mickeys way and allow him to sit out a year and do what ever he likes in the media.. In Eddies mind this might cement the hallowed trifecta of results.

So what are informal talks really ? Has Eades people made a call to Eddies people ? ..how about a coffee ?? . No foul no harm etc.

You can bet Eades people are on the blower to anyone who'll pick up the phone.

Keep in mind this is the silly end of the season :rolleyes:

Basically agree bub.

Why would Eddie pay MM $1M to stay at the filth in 2012? There is no usefull job for him. The said contract could only be to keep MM and his 'secret (game)plans' away from opposing clubs. Even the Filth will not pay $1m for that. They have one premiership and a second in the bag and under Buckley they are looking for 3 or 4 on the trot.

Even the great MM could not stop the run over the next 2 years by coaching MFC, Adelaide, Doggies, or PA. So MM is not a threat to the Filth's short term future.

The game plan and Collingwoods development were not the result of MM. He spent 10 years and 375 odd coaching games without a premiership prior to 2010. Look behind MM for recent Collingwood development.

As I've said before, MM is not the answer for MFC.

Interesting scenario there Mr Boozle...do you have contacts close enough to the coalface?

What you say sounds very promising.....The Board have pretty much let 2011 go for the betterment of tomorrow.....It certainly would give the AFL a good shot in the arm.

I'm picturing a scene fromThe Club when the President (post Graham Kennedy) but let's presume Eddie Macguire tells Malthouse (Jock McHale) that Dane (form slump) Swan (did not sleep with his legless sister) to which Malthouse lights up a spliff and says stuff you all I'm moving over to Norm Smiths clan in the summer so you know what you can do with your fat thumb Eddie. ....last bit made up but you folloW

1. Patches of that information from a few Devils's Advocates.

2. A MFC board member who my Pop catches up with intermittently.

3. My uncle spoke about the possible behind the scenes agreement after a discussion with someone with close ties to the pies board. I could not get the name or who or connection - despite my badgering. Apparently the pies board member is very keen for Malthouse to move on and is not the only one.

1. Patches of that information from a few Devils's Advocates.

2. A MFC board member who my Pop catches up with intermittently.

3. My uncle spoke about the possible behind the scenes agreement after a discussion with someone with close ties to the pies board. I could not get the name or who or connection - despite my badgering. Apparently the pies board member is very keen for Malthouse to move on and is not the only one.

Cool i hope you are right....Ever since Barassi went to Carlscum in '65 we have been kicked about..

It's time for some pay back.

See you all at the game sunday....i want one more yell for 2011

I'm picturing a scene fromThe Club when the President (post Graham Kennedy) but let's presume Eddie Macguire tells Malthouse (Jock McHale) that Dane (form slump) Swan (did not sleep with his legless sister) to which Malthouse lights up a spliff and says stuff you all I'm moving over to Norm Smiths clan in the summer so you know what you can do with your fat thumb Eddie. ....last bit made up but you folloW

What a movie!! i need to see it again.

Frank Wilson should have got an academy award for that one!!:lol:

Debamboozle,

My "Malthouse is still very much in play" is in reference to us. Malthouse is still very much in play for the Demons, so I agree with what you say. I first heard Melbourne were into Malthouse in an email in March. That was followed by several other emails saying the same thing. Then again on August 5 I got another email saying that the Collingwood board had had an unscheduled "panic meeting" the previous night (Aug 4) in Eddie's personal offices; the implication was that Collingwood needed to plan how to handle Malthouse's departure.

Bailey has been gone for months. Robert Walls described his sacking as "knee jerk". That is just rubbish. The Geelong loss was the last straw. Jimmy Stynes' and Garry Lyon's eerily similar April pronouncements "Over the next few weeks Dean has the chance to cement his future at Melbourne" reeked of prepared spin. The bullets were loaded, it was just a matter of when they pulled the trigger. The Geelong game pulled the trigger.

And the offers to Lyon & Clarkson have a smokescreen feel to them.

Debamboozle,

My "Malthouse is still very much in play" is in reference to us. Malthouse is still very much in play for the Demons, so I agree with what you say. I first heard Melbourne were into Malthouse in an email in March. That was followed by several other emails saying the same thing. Then again on August 5 I got another email saying that the Collingwood board had had an unscheduled "panic meeting" the previous night (Aug 4) in Eddie's personal offices; the implication was that Collingwood needed to plan how to handle Malthouse's departure.

Bailey has been gone for months. Robert Walls described his sacking as "knee jerk". That is just rubbish. The Geelong loss was the last straw. Jimmy Stynes' and Garry Lyon's eerily similar April pronouncements "Over the next few weeks Dean has the chance to cement his future at Melbourne" reeked of prepared spin. The bullets were loaded, it was just a matter of when they pulled the trigger. The Geelong game pulled the trigger.

And the offers to Lyon & Clarkson have a smokescreen feel to them.

Tony .... these emails? Were they general - "I heard someone in the pub say that Melbourne blah blah" ? or hard statements of fact by ,say,a Collingwood official?

Malthouse is used to being able to snap his fingers and send players off to Arizona at the drop of a hat. Why would he risk his reputation at a club with limited resources? Were we really onto him as early as March - the pre-season(!)- when we had to be looking for a finals appearance under Bailey?

Source please!