Schwab on the move?

Real Demon

I would have to play that down after he was named on the 'let's poach a coach' committee.

Is it no entirely possible its simply that the CEO might be on that committee as an auto selection ? i.e not dependent on him being there, but if he is then hes on the panel, if not him then the next one, if on board in time.

May be nothing to read into it at all.

Where was it reported? Who is the source of this information?

Tonights 10 news during the sports report.

Don't recall the reporter, but in amidst discussion on the Ross Lyon to Melb story.

Said that another big name was set to leave, with Schwab to go upon securing a new job.

Is it no entirely possible its simply that the CEO might be on that committee as an auto selection ? i.e not dependent on him being there, but if he is then hes on the panel, if not him then the next one, if on board in time.

May be nothing to read into it at all.

I wouldn't have thought so.

If Cam is going to leave, I'm sure he'll get all the things he wants to get sorted done first. Like important contracts and Sponsor Issues, as well as being present when his hard work is realised, through naming his sponsors and Coaches etc.

Hi Peter. I'm not wanting to be an English teacher, but do I interpret the above as

Heard from somone in the Coterie that Schwab is gone (sacked?) because he hired mates for 300k+ (nepotism), and that Connolly is also on his way out of the club (is he caught up in Schwab's actions??). I hope this is a fair reading of your post.

This is disturbing if true. Nepotistic choices where the personal interests are put above the interests of the club should be severely dealt with

Hi Peter. I'm not wanting to be an English teacher, but do I interpret the above as

Heard from somone in the Coterie that Schwab is gone (sacked?) because he hired mates for 300k+ (nepotism), and that Connolly is also on his way out of the club (is he caught up in Schwab's actions??). I hope this is a fair reading of your post.

This is disturbing if true. Nepotistic choices where the personal interests are put above the interests of the club should be severely dealt with

Typing on an ipad is terrible while trying to eat! Had to get it done before the city loop! Hope it's not true, just what I heard.

Heard from someone in Cotore Schwabb gone from hiring his mates on 300k a year and Connolly might be too.

Interesting. Schwab seemed to be doing a good job off the field - something like that would explain his fall from grace.

Have heard many stories that Connolly's aggressive mouth has caused a lot of friction with the players. It always seemed strange that after missing out on the coaching job to Bailey he was elevated to Operations Manager. Never appeared suited to a behind-the-scenes admin position. If we are build a new culture under a new coach, then surely he has to go as well

Interesting. Schwab seemed to be doing a good job off the field - something like that would explain his fall from grace.

Have heard many stories that Connolly's aggressive mouth has caused a lot of friction with the players. It always seemed strange that after missing out on the coaching job to Bailey he was elevated to Operations Manager. Never appeared suited to a behind-the-scenes admin position. If we are build a new culture under a new coach, then surely he has to go as well

Yes, and No.

If we look back we can see that Connolls was very happy and supportive with the way we were going, for the first 2 years or so.

After that I must admit I felt some tension in the AIR, between Connolls and the coach. Had heard the rumors and instantly thought that Connolls must be getting jealous. I now think I was wrong...

I have been worried about our lack of aggression myself for some a year or 2,,, but trusted in the system we had in place that they would address the Issue in good time.

IMO, in Hindsight, this is where the Friction was coming from, that we can now see that the Old Guard were also collectively concerned about our lack of grunt & aggression, and our lack of accountability.

No heavy tackles, etc...

Now we can see the direction we're taking onfield since the changes... Playing with aggression is a priority, and earning our AFL stripes through putting the Head down and running straight lines at the ball and ballcarrier, is a Must...

I think I can see Now what was going on, and I think slowly we'll see things settling down.

There's been too much antsy footy played, with players getting games for 'Dancing',,,, Rather than Playing the Game. We need Men running around, not 'Nureyev'.

Of course he should be involved. As it stands Cam is the MFC CEO and any appointment of a coach will ultimately report to the CEO. He has to be involved.

If and i say a big IF, he is about to leave, i see no point in Cameron being on the selection committee for a new coach.

But of course if he is staying for the intended 12 months, then by all means select a new coach.

If and i say a big IF, he is about to leave, i see no point in Cameron being on the selection committee for a new coach.

But of course if he is staying for the intended 12 months, then by all means select a new coach.

Rubbish. No ifs if he is CEO then he should be there to exercise his duties.

Unless he resigns he is the CEO and he should be on the selection committee.

Agree and who says he is leaving

"the channel 10 news"

Well that is straight from the horses mouth!

Well some part of a horse!

I am more interested in the Source Information, and where that came from.

I am more interested in the Source Information, and where that came from.

Irrelevant. And you werent interested in that before you stated he should not pick the coach. Its unlike you to get sucked in by rumours. :rolleyes: If he is the CEO he stays on the coaching sub committee. Basic common sense.

Irrelevant. And you werent interested in that before you stated he should not pick the coach. Its unlike you to get sucked in by rumours. :rolleyes: If he is the CEO he stays on the coaching sub committee. Basic common sense.

Your always playing devils advocate, it's really boring.

If Schwab is off shortly, why would he be on the selection panel? It will have nothing to with him ultimately.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Your always playing devils advocate, it's really boring.

If Schwab is off shortly, why would he be on the selection panel? It will have nothing to with him ultimately.

Are you unable to see that this is just a rumour at this time?

Or that, even if Schwab is not CEO, we will have someone filling that role, and the CEO should still have input into the decision?

I'm sure that both Schwab and an incoming CEO would have reason similar concerns over, and requirements or wants from, a prospective head coach.

It's important someone takes into account the CEO's perspective.