Changes v Gold Coast

Guest Gareth Keenan

I thought Morton was really promising, except for one poor effort late in the game.

He stays in the team the next 2 rounds.

The tweak to our style of ball movement seemed to suit him a lot better.

I think the key now will be building his confidence and having an injury free preseason for once.

I'd keep him, but if we trade him, we'd want someone bloody good in return.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Morton was really promising, except for one poor effort late in the game.

He stays in the team the next 2 rounds.

The tweak to our style of ball movement seemed to suit him a lot better.

I think the key now will be building his confidence and having an injury free preseason for once.

I'd keep him, but if we trade him, we'd want someone bloody good in return.

You have my vote it was not his fault we lost.

That mantle belongs to Green, davey and few others who did not run out the game.

Morton was OK, he ran hard and got to the contest, I agree he needs to hit the contest harder, but we're getting a new coach and we may see a difference. I thought his ball use was fine - he looked for an MFC option at all times. I can't believe the love for Jones - yes he was good in the 3rd and key to our revival but IMO he was woeful apart from that. That marking contest with Jake King at RFC CHF was a typical example - if it was Blease I could understand it because he's a rookie and if it was Morton he'd be crucified for it. Jones can't stick a tackle and doesn't influence the contest when it really counts - where was he in the last? - he's supposed to have elite endurance and that's when he should be taking control of the game. Morton was still running hard in the last, Blease was burnt out, again because he's a rookie, and Jones was MIA. He's as culpable as any senior player on our list.

Morton was OK, he ran hard and got to the contest, I agree he needs to hit the contest harder, but we're getting a new coach and we may see a difference. I thought his ball use was fine - he looked for an MFC option at all times. I can't believe the love for Jones - yes he was good in the 3rd and key to our revival but IMO he was woeful apart from that. That marking contest with Jake King at RFC CHF was a typical example - if it was Blease I could understand it because he's a rookie and if it was Morton he'd be crucified for it. Jones can't stick a tackle and doesn't influence the contest when it really counts - where was he in the last? - he's supposed to have elite endurance and that's when he should be taking control of the game. Morton was still running hard in the last, Blease was burnt out, again because he's a rookie, and Jones was MIA. He's as culpable as any senior player on our list.

I can't believe how wrong you are old55!! Morton was not ok he was Sh1te !! Cheap kicks, Handballing to guys feet on at least four occasions and holding onto the ball to long thus disposing of it classical Morton style. Jones as he has all year HE HAD CRACK FFS!!! Kicked three goals including a 50m bomb with 30seconds left (So much for MIA in the last qtr).

Stop accepting mediocrity old.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Personally, I thought he was excellent early in the game, when we were struggling to stand up.

I think, this was tinged by the pre-match event I attended, where Mark Williams discussed the focuses of a tweak in ball movement, and kick control, and I thought Jones was a shining example of how the coaches wanted us to play, while others were struggling to adjust.

Guest Gareth Keenan

I can't believe how wrong you are old55!! Morton was not ok he was Sh1te !! Cheap kicks, Handballing to guys feet on at least four occasions and holding onto the ball to long thus disposing of it classical Morton style. Jones as he has all year HE HAD CRACK FFS!!! Kicked three goals including a 50m bomb with 30seconds left (So much for MIA in the last qtr).

Stop accepting mediocrity old.

I don't often agree with you.

You're still wrong about Morton.

I don't often agree with you.

You're still wrong about Morton.

You don't have to agree with me. Go to the games and really watch Morton and I mean really watch him then come back and see if you still don't agree.

Edited by Steamin Demon

Firstly- We aren't going to be playing finals now...Any player strugging with injuries should be dropped for the year.

Secondly- Anyone calling for Jordie to be dropped has no idea! He has so many credits in the bank it's not funny.

I would like to see Gawn play the last two games...The kid develops every time he plays. Plus I love watching the human freak! haha

Firstly- We aren't going to be playing finals now...Any player strugging with injuries should be dropped for the year.

Secondly- Anyone calling for Jordie to be dropped has no idea! He has so many credits in the bank it's not funny.

I would like to see Gawn play the last two games...The kid develops every time he plays. Plus I love watching the human freak! haha

+1

Jordie might butcher it once and a while when under pressure, but at least he gets it and when he doesn't he works hard on the defensive side laying tackles. A blue colar worker.

I think Max ( and a couple of other bigger bodies - from McDonald, Fitzpatrick, Davis) should get a look in. I noticed Jamar was mentioned in our best, but found this surprising as his disposals and marks were few and he couldn't run with Vickery. So it must have been for his actual ruckwork, yet we were totally smashed in the clearances up to half time?

Note Carlton might be in the hunt for Butcher but Jamar should trump that. Jamar is from Adelaide afterall and is a free agent next year I believe.

Time for some tanking:

1: Who is nearly qualified for the scorps (needs one or two games there)? Play them at Casey

2: Which young players could get a taste or more experience in the AFL? (Thinking Gawn, Nicho, Evans, Fitzy, Mc and Cook??)? Play them in the seniors

Results in the next two games and not really important. I'd be happy to see some wholesale changes.

I think Max ( and a couple of other bigger bodies - from McDonald, Fitzpatrick, Davis) should get a look in. I noticed Jamar was mentioned in our best, but found this surprising as his disposals and marks were few and he couldn't run with Vickery. So it must have been for his actual ruckwork, yet we were totally smashed in the clearances up to half time?

Yes, it was for his ruckwork, did you even see the game? Totally monstered them. He can't help that we currently have a third-world midfield.

Yes, it was for his ruckwork, did you even see the game? Totally monstered them. He can't help that we currently have a third-world midfield.

Yes I did see the game thanks and I thought his ruckwork was ineffectual.

I'd like to give those on the cusp a crack over the next two weeks.

We have 2 extra spots up for grabs lets use them wisely.

That aside I dont think we should be "resting" players to tank or protect them.

We must have a new outlook and it starts now, we put the best team on the park we can and they are expected to follow the gameplan and to win.

No passengers. Getting a rest means either you are unfit to play or you have been dropped.

Guest Gareth Keenan

You don't have to agree with me. Go to the games and really watch Morton and I mean really watch him then come back and see if you still don't agree.

I've watched him. A lot.

He's far from the perfect player now, but if you don't recognise the potentially elite tools that he possesses, and the development he has made to date, that's your problem.

I only agreed with you that Jones played well.

It's time to send players with stiff Joints and in need of repair, to pasture.

This Is Now, Our time to see next years boys.

1/ C'mon Tommy McDonald.... 2/ C'mon Troy Davis.... 3/ Give Maric another run.... 4/ Play Gawn a gain.... 5/ Give little Jett-a Go.... 6/ Bring in Bail.

1/ Rest Howe @ Casey for the finals? 2/ Give Garland a rest. 3/ Col out Susp'. 4/ Rest the Russian. 5/ Aaron out Susp' or Dropped. 6/ Rest poor Scully.

C'mon, Lets see Next years lot....

Ins Jetta, Tapscott, Bail, Davis, Gawn

Outs Davey, Sylvia, Scully, MacDonald, Jamar

Changes like for like. Davey and Sylvia assumed suspended. Scully and Jamar should be put to pasture for rest of year. MacDonald is 20% gun 80% liability and Davis form has been good and deserves a taste of senior action.

I reckon Robbie Campbell's a good shot to get a game this week.

Did we actually elevate him from the rookie list? If so it'd would make no sense not to play him.

Out: Jamar, Scully, Davey, Sylvia

In: Campbell, Jetta, McDonald, Nicholson

Why would you play Campbell when you have Gawn to get match time into?

Campbell was elevated when Jamar, Spencer were injured and Gawn was just returning from injury.

Why play insurance when you have the very asset you insured available?

Why would you play Campbell when you have Gawn to get match time into?

Campbell was elevated when Jamar, Spencer were injured and Gawn was just returning from injury.

Why play insurance when you have the very asset you insured available?

very good point RR.

The only reason you would play Campbell IMO is if we really need to win.

And that may just be the case.

Imagine the effect of loosing to the GC at the end of this year, 10000 drop in membership next year?

very good point RR.

The only reason you would play Campbell IMO is if we really need to win.

And that may just be the case.

Imagine the effect of loosing to the GC at the end of this year, 10000 drop in membership next year?

The word is "losing". Why stop at 10,000 members? Continue with the "We're doomed" charade. Remember what negatvity does to your life span!!!

The word is "losing". Why stop at 10,000 members? Continue with the "We're doomed" charade. Remember what negatvity does to your life span!!!

Oh please RR can you get over my negativity.

Do you really think if we get beaten by the GC on sunday it will have no effect on the membership level next year?

Our disagreement IMO stems from the fact I do not see the rosie future that you see.

Sorry to be difficult but I would love you to show me where I am wrong.

Edited by old dee