Selection

Steamin Demon

Worst on ground yet Still gets a game PLEASE spare us. If he is part of the best 22 we are in the mire deeper than I thought.

I wouldn't mind if it was the FD saying something like...."well it's the last role of the dice in our opinion for Cale, lets see what he's got in these last 4 games (including West Coast last week)". Unfortunately, the next 3 are against teams lower than us on the ladder, and two of them on the bottom. Not really a true test for anyone in this team, let alone someone who needs to be well scrutinised prior to the draft.

And the big worry for me is he just might be let off the leash a little by weaker opponents in these last 3 and "show something". The sadder part of that would be the FD getting suckered in lol.

FWIW I think the true showing for him was the season prior to this week, including the West Coast game where for all but about 15 minutes of the game, he showed little to convince me he's turning things around. We had one of our easiest/better draws for quite some time too this year and he failed more often than not to make the grade. He wasn't alone. But your post is about Cale.

I wouldn't mind if it was the FD saying something like...."well it's the last role of the dice in our opinion for Cale, lets see what he's got in these last 4 games (including West Coast last week)". Unfortunately, the next 3 are against teams lower than us on the ladder, and two of them on the bottom. Not really a true test for anyone in this team, let alone someone who needs to be well scrutinised prior to the draft.

And the big worry for me is he just might be let off the leash a little by weaker opponents in these last 3 and "show something". The sadder part of that would be the FD getting suckered in lol.

FWIW I think the true showing for him was the season prior to this week, including the West Coast game where for all but about 15 minutes of the game, he showed little to convince me he's turning things around. We had one of our easiest/better draws for quite some time too this year and he failed more often than not to make the grade. He wasn't alone. But your post is about Cale.

Yet in two years where we were absolute poo he was one who was developing nicely.

He has had a poor season. No-one will say any different. But the speed at which posters here are willing to write him off is astounding.

21 Years old.

Judd is arguably in his prime at 27. (And no i am not saying Cale is the next Judd)

Give the kid time FFS.

There needs to be a moron meter around here. We have posters writing off 19-21 year olds at will and baying for blood. Talk about being completely unreaistic and having no patience or foresight.

Let me say it again. 21.

Morton is a required player and will be given opportunity to work through his problems and get back to his best...

He is totally playing without any confidence at the moment. That missed goal in the first quarter - he was on his right foot and should have buried it. He was trying to think his way through instead of trusting his instincts.

Then within 60 seconds of missing that goal, he leans back on a 50/50 contest, then fails to chase the defender. 3 awful errors in a minute and they didn't drag him!

Yet in two years where we were absolute poo he was one who was developing nicely.

He has had a poor season. No-one will say any different. But the speed at which posters here are willing to write him off is astounding.

21 Years old.

Judd is arguably in his prime at 27. (And no i am not saying Cale is the next Judd)

Give the kid time FFS.

There needs to be a moron meter around here. We have posters writing off 19-21 year olds at will and baying for blood. Talk about being completely unreaistic and having no patience or foresight.

Let me say it again. 21.

Morton is a required player and will be given opportunity to work through his problems and get back to his best...

I think Judd may have won a Brownlow at 21

I think Judd may have won a Brownlow at 21

Morton waits for the ball to come to him , waiving his arms like a kid on a ride at the park FFS .

Judd tackles , gets it ,gives it and gets it again .

21 ,17 or 35 I don't care about age ,just effort .

I think the non-negotiables that Cale will be measured on will not matter who we are playing. He needs to work hard both ways, impact himself on the contest where required and take a clean simple option. After watching the game again his first half was appalling but he would gain some confidence from his involvement in the last quarter. As long as he continues to work at the non-negotiables he should be played for the rest of the year.

21 Years old.

Give the kid time FFS.

Let me say it again. 21.

+1.

21 Years old.

Give the kid time FFS.

Let me say it again. 21.

I don't know what your talking about 'nicely'.

Getting cheap kicks out on his ownsome and running in wide spaces on his ownsome.

And sitting wide off packs, on his ownsome.

??? I've got it, He's a tennis player !

Yeah, I can see it Now! He is developing nicely. And one day he'll go to Wimbledon, and maybe get onto Centre Court, as a Ball Boy! Bewdifull !

21 Years old.

Give the kid time FFS.

Let me say it again. 21.

He's had 4 years at it now, and he's played 62 games. About 7 more than Garland and about 16 less than Frawley. He's no longer a rookie in his 1st, 2nd or 3rd year. And till this point he hasn't lived up to expectations. That's why he's being more closely looked at and scrutinised, hence this post and others before this about him.

Discussing players, the playing list and how they're performing etc is allowed on this site last time i looked. At least i thought it was.

Btw.... using FFS doesn't make your argument any stronger or more valid mate. Good try though.

I think it will be interesting to see if he's played in a different position this week. Perhaps they are really trying to find where he fits to give him a real chance of proving his worth. To be fair to a lot of these guys, they have been shuffled around a lot over their careers. I don't know if they would even know what their strengths are or what their best position is.

He's certainly not a physical, inside player so I'd certainly wing him or even put him at HFF and push him up the ground to look for some space. Could very well be the biggest month of the 21 year old's life (professionally anyway).

Trade Bait pure and simple..

Melb "Oh yeah, has played 60 games, key to Melbourne's future"

Sucker Club somewhere in AFL land "OK we'll offer a fourth round pick for him"

Melb "Done, where do we sign"

Todd is happy fot him to stay.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/caretaker-coach-todd-viney-urges-colin-sylvia-to-stay-at-melbourne-next-year/story-e6frf9jf-1226118431211

He said he believed Morton was similar to Sylvia and should work through his weaknesses rather than move.

"This year has been a struggle for (Morton) but we are really encouraged by his work rate and intent in the last couple of weeks," Viney said. "It didn't transfer into his game this week but he's heading in the right direction.

Like all on here I would love to see him turn it around and I guess the "balls in his court", perhaps he wasn't given the right direction when he got here and was allowed to roam around getting cheap kicks; maybe that was just a coaching/development error.

Todd is happy fot him to stay.

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226118431211

He said he believed Morton was similar to Sylvia and should work through his weaknesses rather than move.

"This year has been a struggle for (Morton) but we are really encouraged by his work rate and intent in the last couple of weeks," Viney said. "It didn't transfer into his game this week but he's heading in the right direction.

Like all on here I would love to see him turn it around and I guess the "balls in his court", perhaps he wasn't given the right direction when he got here and was allowed to roam around getting cheap kicks; maybe that was just a coaching/development error.

Todd made it clear he wont be coaching us next year. Therefore he wont be there as head coach to follow through with his desires/beliefs. I respect his right to express whatever he sees fit while in command, but whoever's coming in would surely want some say and oversight as to who he believes he needs (to suit his management style etc) going forward, wouldn't he?

Also, i'm assuming by similar Todd means Cale is in a similar position career wise, as in having to work on things, rather than being of a similar ilk to Sylvia

Edited by Rusty Nails