Trengove Tapscott Re-sign

Arrow

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some perspective especially for those who want everyone to have a steely resolve.

These signings say several things:

The club: we are not going to be pillaged by other clubs and let recent events distract us from what we have to do.

The players: we believe this team is going to have success and we are going to make it happen.

Now that is worth celebrating as a positive message of intent.

Edited by QueenC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You expected Trengove to sign for another four years when he still had a full season to run on his old contract? Wow e, that's impressive. How about this week's lotto numbers?

This is a massive vote of confidence from two kids who are obviously very happy being here. I don't expect that to warm the hearts of those whose hearts are long cold and dead (and to be truthful it's worth a smirk for me and not much more), but it'd be nice if those people didn't feel the need to whizz on the parade of the people who enjoyed this news.

I don't think I've whizzed on anyone's parade.

Just saying that I always expected Trengove, Tapscott and Gawn to, at some stage, re-sign with the club for a number of years.

I don't run around with fear in my heart that players might leave.

I expect them to stay.

Absolute class Jack, Maximus, Tappy, Evans and Nico. Great positives for a tough few weeks.

Looking forward to the game this week and verbally yelling my approval!

Now the fire has started!

Go Dees!

I don't think I've whizzed on anyone's parade.

Just saying that I always expected Trengove, Tapscott and Gawn to, at some stage, re-sign with the club for a number of years.

I don't run around with fear in my heart that players might leave.

I expect them to stay.

I only wish I could share your absolute confidence.

The events of the last 3 months have severely dented mine

Absolute class Jack, Maximus, Tappy, Evans and Nico. Great positives for a tough few weeks.

Looking forward to the game this week and verbally yelling my approval!

Now the fire has started!

Go Dees!

Let's see how much noise we can make in a sterile stadium the first time number 9 grabs the ball. I'm serious - see if we can get a roar.

Thank you to all of these players. A significant show of confidence and resolve after a very tough fortnight.

I love all of these players just thinking that they have put a smile on Jim's face.

Like other posters, I have special admiration for JT. He could have screwed the Club even harder than that other bloke whose name I forget. But no! JT signs early, in the midst of some organisational disarray, and puts himself beyond the reach of GWS & controversy. He shows leadership even when he re-signs! Let's just stop mucking-around and make him captain.

If one looks beyond this last fortnight, the Club has the nidus of a strong leadership group (JT JW Grimes Frawley Jordie) for years to come. Something we haven't had for a decade.

Go Dees!

One might assume that the new contract had the word CAPTAIN written in it given the fact he still had a year to run on his current.

Let's see how much noise we can make in a sterile stadium the first time number 9 grabs the ball. I'm serious - see if we can get a roar.

I'm in, lets get it started!

Hopefully we hear more than a mouse fart! May not be a huge crowd!

Should be able to get some sort of atmosphere going with the crowd only sitting in L1 and L2!

Go Dees!

MAX.GAWN. STAY'N.Sorry. Had to say it.

Love it!

Tend to agree.I'm guessing that you & I are the only 2 that voted no.It didn't make my week because I flat out expected it.Although, I flat out expect Scully to re-sign once the season concludes.We shall see.

I flat out expected him to re-sign e, but at this time next year, after media rumours he is leaving have plagued us all year, not now. It is a massive, and public, vote of confidence in our club that these boys have put pen to paper when it wasn't required. And the fact that it comes in the midst of one of the more trying times for club and fans means that there is definitely some scope for celebration. This does not mean we are weak or don't expect these things to happen, it means that we are human and like to enjoy the good things that happen in our day to day lives.

One might assume that the new contract had the word CAPTAIN written in it given the fact he still had a year to run on his current.

God I hope so.

Would be interested to know how much has been thrown at Trenners. Despite all the talk of him not holding the club to ransom, it would not surprise me at all if he has been offered an amount somewhere in the vicinity of TS offer. He would be deserving of such an offer, and it may be a move by the club to avoid more destability next year.

Well done to all you boys, glad to see each on of you in MFC jumpers for years to come :)

I hope not. Not because I don't think he could be captain, but because I'd like to think the new coach would expect to be involved in decisions such as who should be the captain. Or, to put it another way, why would you want to put your hand up to be the senior coach when decisions like this are made without your contribution?

Re-sign, not resign! I had a heart attack.

Fcuken great news!

Beautiful - still laughing.

I hope not. Not because I don't think he could be captain, but because I'd like to think the new coach would expect to be involved in decisions such as who should be the captain. Or, to put it another way, why would you want to put your hand up to be the senior coach when decisions like this are made without your contribution?

Fair point and I have no idea how the decision making criteria is weighted at the club. I would think in the current circumstance a new coach coming from outside the club would have limited input?

Maybe Todd had something to do with it...

Its been a while since we've seen thehallmarks of real and effecctive leadership form theplaying group. I mean no disprespect to Brad green when I say that the top gig really isnt your forte. Please go back and assume your mantle as a very good forward/follower. For here we have a group of players who have indeed seized the day, seized the opportunity to make a statement. Its loud, its clear, its unabiguous. We're Melbourne, today , tomorrow and tomorrow's tomorrows. .

Within this announcemnt comes a further statement by Jack Trengove. 'I believe in this club, I beleive in its successful future and inded my part in it, who wants to join me"

In actuality he's really saying.."Who wants to follow me ""

Here is a leader. He leads. He has people following him already.

Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you the player most worthy of captaining the mighty Demons from 2012 onwards, Jack Trengove. Well done son

Its not without note that he wears the number 9 ;)

Its been a while since we've seen thehallmarks of real and effecctive leadership form theplaying group. I mean no disprespect to Brad green when I say that the top gig really isnt your forte. Please go back and assume your mantle as a very good forward/follower. For here we have a group of players who have indeed seized the day, seized the opportunity to make a statement. Its loud, its clear, its unabiguous. We're Melbourne, today , tomorrow and tomorrow's tomorrows. .

Within this announcemnt comes a further statement by Jack Trengove. 'I believe in this club, I beleive in its successful future and inded my part in it, who wants to join me"

Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you the player most worthy of captaining the mighty Demons from 2012 onwards, Jack Trengove. Well done son

OK.

But can he get some help, possibly share it?

I don't like shared captaincy but it may be the way to go.

Grimes/Trengove?

Frawley/Trengove?

Frawley/Grimes/Trengove?

I don't like it but I am uncomfortable burdening a 20 year old, albeit a very impressive 20 year old...

How can you say otherwise.

However it would take a big leap for the MFC to give him the job.

We are not good at bold moves

I suspect VC might be his job next year.

Im sorry RPFC..I really dont like the notion of shared captaincies. To me it just dilutes the position. There ought to be a singular aura , if you like , about it. The efforts and roles of anything shared, for mine can be affected via the leadership group.

Probably now more than for a while we really need someone to take it ( the team ) by the scruff of its neck and take it somewhere. He has already shown he will be taking on this journey and others have not only noted this but followed suit.

Hes born to it.

just my view :)

Edited by belzebub59

OK.

Grimes/Trengove?

Frawley/Trengove?

Frawley/Grimes/Trengove?

I don't like it but I am uncomfortable burdening a 20 year old, albeit a very impressive 20 year old...

rpfc I have a very big feeling he is up to the job.

IMO the only other candidate among the young is Grimes.

But I am not sure his body is up to 26+ games a year.

I worry he is a little fragile.

Not good to have your captain off the field on a regular basis.

Still probably better than this year when he is on the ground every week.

A couple of injuries might have been heaven sent this year.

How can you say otherwise.

However it would take a big leap for the MFC to give him the job.

We are not good at bold moves

I suspect VC might be his job next year.

You know I reckon this is EXACTLY the bold move the club needs to do. It needs to break the shackles of mediocrity. It needs to move beyond the current lot of leaders and reestablish the benchmark, not just for playing, but what it takes to inspire others.

Others have already noticed, He ( JT ) did something and others felt comfortbale/inpsired/ motivated to follow. Leaders do that to others. They enthuse and infuse.

As silly as it sounds..but on the basis of what anyone is actually doing.. Id give the captaincy to Trenners..and a VC role to Watts. they are the future of this club. Some others may get a nose or two out of joint but what is...is.

You know I reckon this is EXACTLY the bold move the club needs to do. It needs to break the shackles of mediocrity. It needs to move beyond the current lot of leaders and reestablish the benchmark, not just for playing, but what it takes to inspire others.

Others have already noticed, He ( JT ) did something and others felt comfortbale/inpsired/ motivated to follow. Leaders do that to others. They enthuse and infuse.

As silly as it sounds..but on the basis of what anyone is actually doing.. Id give the captaincy to Trenners..and a VC role to Watts. they are the future of this club. Some others may get a nose or two out of joint but what is...is.

and you mean they will play worse than this year.

Gee that could have a real influence on the number of games we lose!

I'm very happy about this, but have no idea what this has to do with the type of person Trengove or Scully is.

The attitude to the game and life of a professional footballer is just a little removed from that of a fan. Some people really struggle with perspective sometimes.

OK.

Grimes/Trengove?

Frawley/Trengove?

Frawley/Grimes/Trengove?

For many it'd be a burden but for this lad I think it would be a boon.

It really is time for this club to be bold, on and off the field.

With 17 other teams vying for the cup, we have to take some calculated risks.

This is one of them.