Diablo Deemon

Should an Ultimatum be given to T. Scully  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would players that the Club hasn't re-signed be justified in giving the Club an ultimatum to re-sign them now or they're 'pissing off'?

Yep it's truth time.

No more hiding we have been stripped naked back to our bones

We were humiliated on every level

we are the punch line of the competition

we are a joke

There are people at this club who are part of the future or they're part of the problem

If the club doesn't want them then reversely they should be told they will be traded or delisted.

No more festering underbelly, under performance or acceptance of mediocrity

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are living in the land of fantasy if you

think Scully saga hasn't in some way contributed to the 186 point loss.

Senior leaders at the club have now revealed themselves to petty, short-sighted and political in the worst kind of way.

I think it's fair to say that a 20yo second year player being offered a huge chunk of our salary cap wouldn't have gone down well with them.

So yes, it's definitely been a destabilizing influence.

Guest hangon007

I find it amusing that in the thread about leadership none of the choir boys have put Scully's name up for a leadership position.

Gone a bit cold on him have you fellas?

Glad you've finally seen the light, even if you're unwilling to cop to it.

hehehe ... I havn't given up yet big boy. We are silent for a reason .... B)

We are planning a sacrifice didn't you hear .... hehehehehe

Then if Tom does go ... we are planning a public stoning ... B)

Guest hangon007

Senior leaders at the club have now revealed themselves to petty, short-sighted and political in the worst kind of way.

I think it's fair to say that a 20yo second year player being offered a huge chunk of our salary cap wouldn't have gone down well with them.

Geez you are in good form tonight ... again did you miss the memo? ... We are sacking them all. B)

Its our strategy to make sure young Patton lasts till our first pick.

Guest hangon007

hahahahaha ... its that you Kevin???? is that you Gubby??? Nobody on the GWS forum ... get used to it ... :)

I find it amusing that in the thread about leadership none of the choir boys have put Scully's name up for a leadership position.

Gone a bit cold on him have you fellas?

Glad you've finally seen the light, even if you're unwilling to cop to it.

I think he picks himself, yet I purposely nominated Jones in his place.

While I don't profess to know what he will decide, I do believe he has not yet decided, and has a tough decision ahead of him, therefore I left him out of the discussion.

And fwiw, I think he will stay.

An ultimatum will only ensure he goes.

Unfortunately some of our supporters are stupid enough to want that.

Edited by e25

Why? Because ultimatums are for morons.

I'd like to know his decision, but forcing him to make it now won't end well.

Do you really think he'd appreciate that approach and it would make him more likely to stick around?

Use your bloody brain - this is about retaining our talent, not getting an answer for impatient supporters.

Life is full of ultimatums, break a law and you'll be charged when caught.

You touch my little daughter and ,,,,,,,,

Hit him with the elbow and you'll get reported,,,,

Ultimatums are the tool that keeps the balance of law, and whats fair, in the absence of true Morality.

It shouldn't enter into close relationships based on trust and freedoms. But someone treating the relationship with contempt and deceipt may be a different soup,,, outside the values used within a harmonious family styled environment of trust, love, & open honesty.... IMO

hahahahaha ... its that you Kevin???? is that you Gubby??? Nobody on the GWS forum ... get used to it ... :)

You live in dream land. Scully is gone, has been for a while. Next to go will be Connolly, then half of Schwab's assistants, then in almost exactly a year Schwab will walk unless he can dramatically change his management style. Lyon will step in but what this club needs is a permanent successor to Stynes. I feel for the guy and his family. As much as he'd love to have the energy to run the show it appears he doesn't. Where this club is at right now we need a President with passion, street smarts, business and football knowledge, an unwavering will to succeed and an ability to inspire those around them. If it's Lyon so be it but if it's not let's get looking.

Quite simply you put an ultimatum on people and pressure them into things it will push them away. Whilst I agree something needs to be done to ensure the signing of Scully and others, an ultimatum would be a good decision by the club.

Well, fortunately, I very much doubt anyone running the club is quite stupid enough to start issuing ultimatums to Scully.

Thank heavens.

Unfortunately they have seen fit to dish us up a 186 point loss and practically destroy any respect MFC had.

I think it might be fair chance that their strategy to date has been an abject failure.

What"s more stupid?

Asking a guy which side he stands or

186 point losses

Guest hangon007

You live in dream land. Scully is gone, has been for a while. Next to go will be Connolly, then half of Schwab's assistants, then in almost exactly a year Schwab will walk unless he can dramatically change his management style. Lyon will step in but what this club needs is a permanent successor to Stynes. I feel for the guy and his family. As much as he'd love to have the energy to run the show it appears he doesn't. Where this club is at right now we need a President with passion, street smarts, business and football knowledge, an unwavering will to succeed and an ability to inspire those around them. If it's Lyon so be it but if it's not let's get looking.

I live in dream land ... did you read what you wrote. Santa Claus only comes once a year ... but superman would struggle to get the job done with the "tools" on hand ... hope you got deep, deep, deep pockets.

Ohhhhhh ... but thats right you haven't ... B)

Good luck in Darwin or Queensland.

PS I heard Junction oval is still vacant, the possum $hit is a powerful motivation tool, that should motivate your new staff.

Edited by hangon007

No.

We have other, more complicated things to worry about than Tom Scully.

He stays, or goes, the choice is clear.

Can we get our house in order before giving ultimatums to people to stay in our pigsty?

Your second and last sentence are directly related.

Getting our house in order includes finishing this chapter.

Tom would be a fool to stay at this point in time.

Time he came clean and we can start planning for brighter times.

Well, fortunately, I very much doubt anyone running the club is quite stupid enough to start issuing ultimatums to Scully.

Thank heavens.

You're probbly right they've done such a sterling job managing the other affairs haven't they?

Right now, unlike you, I wouldn't trust them to run a little athletics meeting.

You're probbly right they've done such a sterling job managing the other affairs haven't they?

Zingggg .... :lol:

Sometime soon after he finally takes a hike and all this other bull settles down we are going to need a truth and reconciliation thread.

Will you contribute as little as you have on the TS topic? I'd expect alot of reconciliation on your part to cover other areas.

Will you contribute as little as you have on the TS topic? I'd expect alot of reconciliation on your part to cover other areas.

Nearly 12,000 posts here and you still can't see the writing on the wall. Renounce ostrichism before it is too late or you will go blind.

Edited by america de cali

Guest hangon007

hahahahahahah ... can I quote you on this one .... LMAO a thousand times.

So you remember the state we were in when "they" took over ... oh how you must yearn for those good old days again.

Edited by hangon007

I think he picks himself, yet I purposely nominated Jones in his place.

While I don't profess to know what he will decide, I do believe he has not yet decided, and has a tough decision ahead of him, therefore I left him out of the discussion.

And fwiw, I think he will stay.

An ultimatum will only ensure he goes.

Unfortunately some of our supporters are stupid enough to want that.

Nice try to wriggle out of it but no cigar. And I love how I didn't even have to name you specifically. Just said "choirboy" and you came a-runnin'!

Look, I don't have a problem with opposing views but where you struggle is your inability to have a civil discussion without calling people idiots and fools and stupid.

Even the clique you hang with on here know better than that.

And I hope you're not including me in the pro-ultimatum group. Useless coming down hard on a player who's already committed elsewhere.

This horse has well and truly bolted.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest hangon007

And I hope you're not including me in the pro-ultimatum group. Useless coming down hard on a player who's already committed elsewhere.

Mate you got to agree with one of his points. Many, many around here will be glad if he did leave.

Do you count yourself in that group?

PS How are the boys at GWS going ... have they got pick 4 in the draft yet?

Edited by hangon007

Nice try to wriggle out of it but no cigar. And I love how I didn't even have to name you specifically. Just said "choirboy" and you came a-runnin'!

Look, I don't have a problem with opposing views but where you struggle is your inability to have a civil discussion without calling people idiots and fools and stupid.

Even the clique you hang with on here know better than that.

No, I replied because I had a list of leaders and specifically omitted Scully for the reasons I gave. I assumed you were referring to my post, but if not, I thought it worth mentioning why I did it. No wriggling, just clarification.

The choirboy comment I must have missed, but it says a lot about your own childish mindset.

Do you really think one insult is better than another?

Best grab your torch and your pitchfork.

I call it how I see it - and stupidity is rife, especially on this thread.

I'm not including anyone in the "pro-ultimatum" group, other than those that are "pro-ultimatum".

Mate you got to agree with one of his points. Many, many around here will be glad if he did leave.

Do you count yourself in that group?

PS How are the boys at GWS going ... have they got pick 4 in the draft yet?

On one level I can understand why he's done what I believe he's done. Victim is probably not the right word (you can hardly call the recipient of a multi-million dollar contract a victim), but in many ways Scully has been a victim of unique circumstances beyond his control.

I do feel, however, that he and his manager have made some decisions along the way that don't paint him in the best light. For that, I won't be sorry to see him go, no. Not everything can be blamed on the manager.

I don't understand your GWS reference.

Edited by Range Rover