Sylvia gone too ??

GIRO

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From memory, which is hazy at best, didn't the last time Sylvia's contract came up it was touch and go with whether he wanted to stay or not. Can someone who has better memory than me confirm or dent this murky memory.

Actually that rings a bell.. .. might look into that

I'll risk that !! lol

The notion some think he's in the top 3 is with all repsect laughable.

Here's a quick list of those ahead of him

Watts, Trengove, Mckenzie, Frawley,Garland, Jamar, Martin

Dogged pursuit ?? Hardly. I simply refuse to lay down to those who'l continually make all the excuses under the sun for underperformers.

Be careful of stats. If you'll care to annalyse them you'll see his amasses most against lesser opposition.. and few against real pressure. Hes a junk time king.

Im happy and waiting for him to show me completely wrong.

Of those Watts and Frawley have had better years than Sylvia,

Garland and Martin really? Trengove and Mckenzie?

All great players but they arnt our best

Of those Watts and Frawley have had better years than Sylvia,

Garland and Martin really? Trengove and Mckenzie?

All great players but they arnt our best

Garland..when fit..has been far more influential and pivotal that Colin has.

Trengove's has had a couple of verry ordinary games this year by his standard but keeps at it.. Hes in the play..unlike

McKenzie is a terrier...he doesnt let up

Colin on good days..invariably agaisnt the teams we beat, looks the goods.. , but then so do many of or players.

on other days...welll....

Garland..when fit..has been far more influential and pivotal that Colin has. - Come on, Garlo can be great, but has had some shockers this year

Trengove's has had a couple of verry ordinary games this year by his standard but keeps at it.. Hes in the play..unlike - Trengove can have a couple off games but it doesnt matter? Sylvia does and he is lazy, out of form etc, getting ther i dont think he is top echeolon on our list...Yet

McKenzie is a terrier...he doesnt let up - My name will tell you i can appreciate Jordie, but he isnt as influencial as Sylvia, Jodie gets alot ta the bottom of packs and dishes it out, not always in the bets way, agree love his approach

Colin on good days..invariably agaisnt the teams we beat, looks the goods.. , but then so do many of or players. - People continually oversell the " col is a front runner" line etc

on other days...welll....

I will agree Col needed to work on his defensive side of his game, but he puts in most weeks, consistently imo, has had a couple bad games, like all players, but i still think he is in our top 5 players, atm simply due to his size and experience, we cant afford to lose another senior player.... it sets us back every time,

Look at our experienced leaders atm... they are crap

I will agree Col needed to work on his defensive side of his game, but he puts in most weeks, consistently imo, has had a couple bad games, like all players, but i still think he is in our top 5 players, atm simply due to his size and experience, we cant afford to lose another senior player.... it sets us back every time,

It is very hard to disagree with your last line

Conversely, can we afford to keep one if he is after more than is deemed reasonable by the Club? IMO there's no way the Club should offer Col more than they currently regard as 'reasonable', unless it is heavily incentive / performance based.

I totally agree with what you say about our current experienced leaders, but what's that got to do with Col? Leadership is something he's shown very little of during his 8 years at the Club, including this year. There's a reason he's not in the leadership group, and I think I know what it might be.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Deeoldfart

Conversely, can we afford to keep one if he is after more than is deemed reasonable by the Club? IMO there's no way the Club should offer Col more than they currently regard as 'reasonable', unless it is heavily incentive / performance based.

I totally agree with what you say about our current experienced leaders, but what's that got to do with Col? Leadership is something he's shown very little of during his 8 years at the Club, including this year. There's a reason he's not in the leadership group, and I think I know what it might be.

Edit: spelling

People are assuming Col wants "more than his fair due".... when has it even been suggested he is money hungry

Same with Scully, oh he hasnt sign yet, he wants more money than what MFC want to pay him, and the only way he will stay is if he gets HEAPS more, he doesnt like the club

People are assuming Col wants "more than his fair due".... when has it even been suggested he is money hungry

Same with Scully, oh he hasnt sign yet, he wants more money than what MFC want to pay him, and the only way he will stay is if he gets HEAPS more, he doesnt like the club

JD what is his fair due?

- same as last time + inflation

- 10% increase

- 20% increase

- other

And based on who's assesment The MFC or his manager's?

Edited by old dee

Some 'people' might have assumed that Col wants "more than his fair due" (however much that might be) or that he is "money hungry", but I'm certainly not one of them. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't pay beyond what we regard as 'reasonable' just to keep him from the clutches of Sydney, or any other club that might chase him. I understand that market forces ultimately drive these things, but Col's service at Melbourne just doesn't warrant getting into a bidding war, and paying over the odds to keep him.

Edited by Deeoldfart

I would have thought after 8 seasons he ought to be , if not offically, leading by example on the ground. I agree, hes not alone, but were talking about Colin in this instant.. I concur..there all crap.

Interesting you raise size and experience as these ought to be demonstrative in how he goes about it all but he seems to sit back on his hgeels in some games and really thats just not acceptable. Would you agree ?

Theres no point hanging on to someone if all youre hanging your hat on is that theyre a senior player. That in itself at Melbourne seems to count for nothing, its wrong !

I would have thought after 8 seasons he ought to be , if not offically, leading by example on the ground. I agree, hes not alone, but were talking about Colin in this instant.. I concur..there all crap.

Interesting you raise size and experience as these ought to be demonstrative in how he goes about it all but he seems to sit back on his hgeels in some games and really thats just not acceptable. Would you agree ?

Theres no point hanging on to someone if all youre hanging your hat on is that theyre a senior player. That in itself at Melbourne seems to count for nothing, its wrong !

My arguement isnt keep him because of age or simply that he is a senior player, its because i honestly think he deserves a good contract from the MFC, i think he puts out on the field, can look like he is coasting but delivers consistently, he is the only player who has broken games open of late for the MFC really,

I dont want him to earn mega $$$$$ but to be at the much higher end of MFC players, but where he belongs at the same time

Dropping the skipper is the ultimate sign of weakness.

I'm not sure I agree, but to the outside world it does look terrible.

Green deserves it though, and if he didn't have the captaincy, I'd like to think he'd have been dropped weeks ago.

You can drop him in more than one way. It doesn't have to be made Public.

He could get a mysterious knee injury, or something that getting around.

And be told this ailment has been affecting his form all season.

Losing by 320 points over 3 weeks with your captain not giving a yelp on the field and giggling and stuttering in the media is a sign of weakness.

I love Green as a player, but I'm now embarrassed he's the captain of our club.

It's been a huge failure and it better be addressed by next season.

In what way ? To give anyone a 'pass' despite form is seriously unaccountable. The idea that he ought never be in a position to require dropping is teh romantic one but it doesnt addres reality. Would it be humiliating for Brad ? It might be. Depends on what sort of stuff he's made. Heres something to consider. He could take the "lead" and drop himself . He could then display his tenacity to lift his game , just as anbyone else would be required. Hes not above anything. He has placed himself into this conundrum, no one else. I would think it would be a great act of respect to his fellow Demons to do such.

I would see this as a positive step, an act of taking ownership of his current malaise and doing something about it.

Hes got no form...and needs deseperately to find some. Has to find his Mojo...and quick

I'm not sure I agree, but to the outside world it does look terrible.

Green deserves it though, and if he didn't have the captaincy, I'd like to think he'd have been dropped weeks ago.

Me too!

In what way ? To give anyone a 'pass' despite form is seriously unaccountable. The idea that he ought never be in a position to require dropping is teh romantic one but it doesnt addres reality. Would it be humiliating for Brad ? It might be. Depends on what sort of stuff he's made. Heres something to consider. He could take the "lead" and drop himself . He could then display his tenacity to lift his game , just as anbyone else would be required. Hes not above anything. He has placed himself into this conundrum, no one else. I would think it would be a great act of respect to his fellow Demons to do such.

I would see this as a positive step, an act of taking ownership of his current malaise and doing something about it.

Hes got no form...and needs deseperately to find some. Has to find his Mojo...and quick

The sad thing is I doubt it will happen this week against the Eagles.

I desperately hope I am wrong