Let's Keep it Positive

JP_

Okay, I know we're all hurting - no-one likes to lose - but let's keep everything in perspective. I'm seeing a lot of nonsense on here like:

- It was the second biggest loss of all time!

- It was the fourth highest score against of all time!

- It was out biggest ever loss to Geelong in the 150-odd years our clubs have existed!

And similar factually accurate drivel. Well of course things will look back if you only focus on the facts, but let's keep things in perspective. We're a young team and 31 goal losses are just part of the learning curve. Need I remind you of what happened to the last team that lost by 31 goals? Just 8 short years later and they made the finals. Patience is a virtue. In 8 years, that could be us playing finals guys. Don't lose sight of the big picture.

And besides it wasn't all doom-and-gloom today. Fact is we were on the path to a 32 goal drubbing at stages there today (now that would be cause for alarm) but I'm proud of the way we fought through it. Would have been easy to just give up, but I'm pleased with the way our older heads stood up in the last five minutes to prevent a real thrashing from happening. And those criticising Dean Bailey? Don't forget it was his move to put two extra players in defence for the last 3 minutes of the game that prevented us from conceding a record score. Why isn't he getting any credit for that?

So enough with the negativity. Let's stop focussing so much on reality and try to stay positive.

You're seeing a lot of nonsense on here?

I think that if you're not fuming after today's loss, you're exactly part of the reason why the club hasn't won in 50 years. Everyone should be blowing steam out of their ears. We partly pay these people, dedicate our time, heart, passion to them, and there is a continuous lack of urgency, passion, absolutely no heart. Norm Smith left a long time ago indeed.

Who the HELL tries to look for positives in a 180 point loss?

I mean, why should we keep it positive? Because the club has been the pinnacle for success? lulz

Okay, I know we're all hurting - no-one likes to lose - but let's keep everything in perspective. I'm seeing a lot of nonsense on here like:

. Need I remind you of what happened to the last team that lost by 31 goals? Just 8 short years later and they made the finals. Patience is a virtue. In 8 years, that could be us playing finals guys. Don't lose sight of the big picture.

So enough with the negativity. Let's stop focussing so much on reality and try to stay positive.

8 Years????????????????????????

After 47 years You expect us to be patient for another 8 Years?

Your pulling our chain right?

Almost thought you where serious for a minute there!

Edited by Old Man Rivers

- It was out biggest ever loss to Geelong in the 150-odd years our clubs have existed!

And similar factually accurate drivel. Well of course things will look back if you only focus on the facts, but let's keep things in perspective. We're a young team and 31 goal losses are just part of the learning curve. Need I remind you of what happened to the last team that lost by 31 goals? Just 8 short years later and they made the finals. Patience is a virtue. In 8 years, that could be us playing finals guys. Don't lose sight of the big picture.

And besides it wasn't all doom-and-gloom today. Fact is we were on the path to a 32 goal drubbing at stages there today (now that would be cause for alarm) but I'm proud of the way we fought through it. Would have been easy to just give up, but I'm pleased with the way our older heads stood up in the last five minutes to prevent a real thrashing from happening. And those criticising Dean Bailey? Don't forget it was his move to put two extra players in defence for the last 3 minutes of the game that prevented us from conceding a record score. Why isn't he getting any credit for that?

This is a joke right?

Our two teams were beaten by 52 goals today, Casey 128 points Dees 186. I just hope the player were not trying to make some kind of point. Geelong scored more in each quarter then we did for the whole match. we were on the path for a 32 goal hiding today "good fight back only beaten by 31 goals"

IT DOES NOT GET ANY WORST THAN THIS

Edited by Face Your Demons

Yep, lets ignore, the Reality , the facts and whats Actual!!!... ahhhhh smell tehe pretty flowers !!!!!!!!!

Hows it going Van Winkle....just woken up huh !!!! Today didnt happen....just a BADDDDDDDDDDD Dream buddy !!

Are you serious? You are obviously pulling our leg.

The Cats eased up 3rd quarter and then piled it on again in the 4th.!!!!

Guest Gotzy15

This is the single most pathetic and ridiculous post i have ever ever seen on this site. This is the exact reason why this club is the biggest utter joke in the history of professional sport anywhere in the world. We lose by 187 points (pretty much the biggest losing margin of all time) and we have fools on here who are trying to find positives and defend certain figures at the club. What happened to Baileys 4 year plan??

Our club should be dragged through the mud from pillar to post after a debacle such as that. I am so sick of the insipid culture that exists within this club and tonight i am heartily ashamed to say that i barrack for the Melbourne Football Club and anyone who says they arent is not human. I cant believe i drove down the highway to sit amongst Geelong supporters in the cold & wet and watch that crap.

I will make 3 points:

If anyone wants to have a go at me for being negative when we lose seriously be my guest, you have no idea what the pain feels like to watch something your heart beats for go down without a whimper

Bailey is finished

Rhino or any other of these 'mods' should not ban one post on here tonight as to do so would be sugarcoating- the club needs to know how the supporters feel!

Disgraceful Melbourne, im truly ashamed, everyone should be!

Guest Gotzy15

I know this is a soul destroying day but surely you can see the OP is trying to inject a little humour into one of the darkest days in our history.

Sorry but i dont see any humour in it at all whatsoever. No one should be laughing at it.

Our two teams were beaten by 52 goals today, Casey 128 points Dees 186. I just hope the player were not trying to make some kind of point. Geelong scored more in each quarter then we did for the whole match. we were on the path for a 32 goal hiding today "good fight back only beaten by 31 goals"

IT DOES NOT GET ANY WORST THAN THIS

This reminds me of the 80s when I use to read the paper and see teh results of some of the old VFA teams when they were on their last legs, like Camberwell etc - combined thrashings for their seniors and reserves of 50 - 60 + goals.

in fairness to them I think they may have struggled to field full teams unlike the D's today who were close to full strenghth.