The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

50 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

City Park monkeys

Careful or you might catch a nasty disease Special.

And the Monkeys have herpes as well.

14 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

didn't realise uncle had been to lonnie recently

It must have been the expression " two heads are better than one"  that drew him to their unique culture.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on the monkey business.

I'm also going to Launceston to try and get away from the Food channel. I've been watching it a lot ....all night.....I'm addicted...... and it makes me want to eat all the time.

I'm turning into a lard person. I think we should start a thread here ......Ban the Food Channel.

I will certainly be bringing up the Food Channel on every thread from now on.

I can't for the life of me understand the weirdos on this site who want to stick to the thread topic.

I mean I've been a paid up Melbourne member continuously since 1963 and find the club and stuff interesting ................but .......

this Food Channel issue.........people here need to review their priorities.

Besides there are some fat players or possibly becoming fat players, who obviously need our help. Like Chunk and Pedo.

I know how you feel Special.

Ive been watching grand designs and I feel the urge to put on a black polo and black rim specs before spouting on about glass and light like I invented them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Special if you are into wine the Tamar Vally has some excellent wineries up either side, including some Straya's best sparkling and pinots.  Also, if you are into nature, Launie isn't far from world heritage sites.

Also Mount Ben Lomond.

The famous founder of our city formed a long line of men with guns there and they marched towards the ocean, shooting men,women and children wherever they stood.

Hard to find any tourist markers pointing this out.

12 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Also Mount Ben Lomond.

The famous founder of our city formed a long line of men with guns there and they marched towards the ocean, shooting men,women and children wherever they stood.

Interested in your sources for this post Biff. I am currently reading about early contact from 1788 onward and the writings of the early explorers observations of the locals in their natural environment. 

I am into nature Moony big time. In fact I think the only hope for saving nature is a new party I am going to form a new party....'The Green Fascist party.' I haven't discussed my idea with Pauline Hanson yet but I think she will love me. The Greens are just too wishy washy now and need a new strong leader. I have some great sketch ideas for uniforms....Green with high boots (synthetic, look alike leather.)

Yes Biff TV...it's awful here. The best tv in the world is in Italy. They have stacks of great shows...like game shows and stuff, with funny presenters and lots of girls. If only we could get Silvio Berlisconi to take over the ABC here I would be rapt.

Govenor Arthur... late 1830 to ordered a massive six-week military offensive known as the Black Line, in which 2200 civilians and soldiers formed a series of moving cordons stretching hundreds of kilometres across the island in order to drive Aboriginal people from the colony's settled districts to the Tasman Peninsula in the southeast, where it was intended they would remain permanently confined.[5][6][7]  (Wikipedia)

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

Also Mount Ben Lomond.

Also worth researching Cape Grim on the west coast for the same reason. 

Best be careful or we'll have Demonland's Bolt fans calling us the black arm band lefties

8 hours ago, special robert said:

I am into nature Moony big time. In fact I think the only hope for saving nature is a new party I am going to form a new party....'The Green Fascist party.' I haven't discussed my idea with Pauline Hanson yet but I think she will love me. The Greens are just too wishy washy now and need a new strong leader. I have some great sketch ideas for uniforms....Green with high boots (synthetic, look alike leather.)

Yes Biff TV...it's awful here. The best tv in the world is in Italy. They have stacks of great shows...like game shows and stuff, with funny presenters and lots of girls. If only we could get Silvio Berlisconi to take over the ABC here I would be rapt.

Govenor Arthur... late 1830 to ordered a massive six-week military offensive known as the Black Line, in which 2200 civilians and soldiers formed a series of moving cordons stretching hundreds of kilometres across the island in order to drive Aboriginal people from the colony's settled districts to the Tasman Peninsula in the southeast, where it was intended they would remain permanently confined.[5][6][7]  (Wikipedia)

Yes the Black Line or the Black War.

Graziers were reporting raids upon properties and Aboriginal tribes sought retribution for their women who had been stolen or " purchased".

Batman controlled the line from Launceston to the ocean with the intention of driving any survivors out to Flinders Island to the N/E

It was here that Batman grew his ruthless reputation and gained support as a selector in the new colony of Victiria.

Touchingly, he took care of a young Aboriginal boy who's parent he had shot. He was all heart.

9 hours ago, special robert said:

Thanks Uncle Bitter. I'll write a detailed report on the Spirit of Tasmania when I get back. I know you will be dying to hear about what I get at the duty free shops.

Thank you Special. It seems you're not such a bad fellow after all.

It so happens that I will making my first ever trek to Taswegia in early February so a report of your tailblazing trailblazing activities will be most helpful I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Thank you Special. It seems you're not such a bad fellow after all.

It so happens that I will making my first ever trek to Taswegia in early February so a report of your tailblazing trailblazing activities will be most helpful I'm sure.

Maybe you could take special along in the Merc for that road trip you have been promising him for 3 years?

16 hours ago, special robert said:

Thanks Uncle Bitter. I'll write a detailed report on the Spirit of Tasmania when I get back. I know you will be dying to hear about what I get at the duty free shops.

Probably little Tasmanian Devil dolls.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, Biffen said:

Maybe you could take special along in the Merc for that road trip you have been promising him for 3 years?

I notice Biffen that you are very generous with my assets!

I have previously refused Special any access to the Merc on the basis of his poverty. Now I'll grant you he seems a decent enough chap for one of that ilk but his need to stowaway on the "Princess" suggests little change in his state of penury.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:18 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

Haven't heard much from the good Doctor of late.

I suppose he's preparing for the festive season. I understand it's a very big deal in Hopping Dicks and really draws the community together.

Apparently the Summer Solstice will do that. The body painting is supposed to be quite complex  but I believe the good pagans of Hopping Dicks simply get a few spray cans of Dulux from the local Bunnings and go at it furiously so that they can get straight into the naked dancing.

The bizarre sexual rituals that follow are supposed to be worth a look also but evidently they have considerable difficulty finding virgins for sacrifice in those parts.

It is rumoured that the good Doctor's alchemic skills provides "secret herbs and spices" which makes the barbequed possum something special when washed down with a cask of Aldi red.

Still haven't heard from the good doc and he doesn't appear to handing out his usual indiscriminate thrashings.

Is it possible the doc cavorted a little too enthusiastically during the abovementioned rites of summer and did himself a mischief?