Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

Rogue

Guest hangon007

Coulsnt see this written but Robbo was just talking to the OX on SEN,

Latest is Scully had a 3rd party deal knocked back i gather, missed half the story... to work for Jim Stynes Reach foundation, was to be worth 200K per year

Exact replica of the Judd deal, Robbo commented on how the AFL only announced yesterday of the new rules and how he hadnt heard this until then etc, also how it seems the AFL is on a mission to get Scully to GWS, also talk of how it affects salary caps etc

But yeah main point apparently MFC have had a 200K 3rd party deal knocked back...

What is he ... an oprhan? There are ways around this if you put your mind to it.

Next they will be telling us ... The AFL are going to put his whole family, siblings & extended relations on the salary cap ... why stop there ... why dont they put the whole of Dandenong on the salary cap. Mate if they want to pull that stunt ... simple we get round it another way.

You cant change the streets ... if there is a job to get done ... we get it done.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for a moment, take the assertion made by David Schwarz (see above) on his Twitter feed and filter it through the events that have taken place over the past few days.

Think about what Tom's management have done and said. Think about what Melbourne has come out and said.

Think about it ... Seriously.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest 36DD

I almost wish I didn't love the MFC so much, so that I could feasibly abandon the game altogether. This whole mess absolutely drives me insane. It is so obvious that the AFL is meddling in this scenario as much as possible. How they can stand there and say with a straight face that it is ok for Carlscum to have this BS deal for Judd outside the salary cap, but no-one else can do it to protect the integrity of the competition absolutely beggars belief. I am fully aware that if we lose Scully the world will still turn, but that is not my problem. I just cannot stand this corrupt (and make no mistake, it is corrupt) behaviour, and hope that the club is exploring all legal avenues to take on this mongrel commission.

This is just the start, they have to make it a success, can you imagine what the future holds, many double standards, rules made on the run, underhand deals etc etc

You still haven't answered the question. You have used a number of tactics to avoid doing so on several occasions.

Sylvia and Scully, name the differences and justify why you would treat the players differently.......

ok i'll spell it out.

If Sylvia holds the club to ransom then I'll come down on him just as hard. Mind you the club hasn't had to face the same distraction over Sylvia that it has over Scully so I can't understand why you would even compare the two scenarios.

Now you answer my question; what are the similarities between the two? How many times a day do you think the players get asked about the Sylvia signing compared to the Scully signing?

How much has Sylvia's management asked for, and do you think it would have been easier to satisfy him if Scully's management hadn't tried to rape the club?

That should be easy for you.

Edited by RobbieF

What is he ... an oprhan? There are ways around this if you put your mind to it.

Next they will be telling us ... The AFL are going to put his whole family, siblings & extended relations on the salary cap ... why stop there ... why dont they put the whole of Dandenong on the salary cap. Mate if they want to pull that stunt ... simple we get round it another way.

You cant change the streets ... if there is a job to get done ... we get it done.

i agree 007...there are ways around this bump...and the MFC still has time on it's side. Maybe it is a good thing contract negotiations are not finalized till years end.

The AFL do not have access to all banking transactions...Tom would be a great mentor for REACH.

ok i'll spell it out.

If Sylvia holds the club to ransom then I'll come down on him just as hard. Mind you the club hasn't had to face the same distraction over Sylvia that it has over Scully so I can't understand why you would even compare the two scenarios.

Now you answer my question; what are the similarities between the two? How many times a day do you think the players get asked about the Sylvia signing compared to the Scully signing?

How much has Sylvia's management asked for, and do you think it would have been easier to satisfy him if Scully's management hadn't tried to rape the club?

i think these negotiations have been more of a distraction to you RobbieF than the MFC

Listen to our CEO on SEN again from monday night...The club is still being very professional i believe.

I can't understand why it's so hard to get a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

I've stated the differences above. Put that aside and answer would you not want Sylvia at the club either, given your stated view on Scully based on the principle of addressing the contract at season's end ??

I find this interesting, you've never valued my opinion before in fact you've never even been interested in it before.

To answer your question, which I don't really think needs answering, I'd hold Sylvia or any other player in the same contempt if they tried to do the same. There that ok for you?

ok i'll spell it out.

So it is all about the media focus...

How small are we?

Can't take a bit of attention?

Leave the big boy pants at home, we will be [censored] forever if that's your attitude - with good players comes their being targetted - with that comes media attention.

Deal with it.

This is just the start, they have to make it a success, can you imagine what the future holds, many double standards, rules made on the run, underhand deals etc etc

who is going to watch it all on TV though...The AFL better be careful, because it may become very difficult to sell advertising on CH 7 if there current pig headedness continues.

They have already had to lower their bid toward Radio Stations this week.

i agree 007...there are ways around this bump...and the MFC still has time on it's side. Maybe it is a good thing contract negotiations are not finalized till years end.

The AFL do not have access to all banking transactions...Tom would be a great mentor for REACH.

I agree Scully could offer REACH a whole lot, the guy doesnt drink, focused on his goals, ultimate proffessional etc

Trouble is Jims link between REACH and the MFC

These 3rd party deals need to come from places not linked or openly :rolleyes: linked with MFC, they need to seem independant, i think this is the major rule change not against 3rd party deals just JUDD like dodgy outside the cap payments for not much with links

I know, it is a bitter pill to swallow, and it keeps getting lodged in my throat!

i agree 007...there are ways around this bump...and the MFC still has time on it's side. Maybe it is a good thing contract negotiations are not finalized till years end.The AFL do not have access to all banking transactions...Tom would be a great mentor for REACH.

I am not too worried about the Reach deal being knocked back, because him getting paid that money by a charity really doesn't sit well with me. It is just the fact that they are going to thwart any deal we can do. I've steam coming out my bl$#dy ears, I'm that mad about all this.

Actually, that is the only way to not be true to his words, because he has said all along that he will make his decision at the end of the season. What is so hard to comprehend about all this?

Nothing is hard to comprehend about this Kento80. But I don't really think this is the actual issue that is irritating so many supporters.

To my mind, the issue is that Scully seems intent upon sticking to a strategy that was apparently conceived in about August last year, even though the landscape has dramatically shifted since that time. In fact, the earth has very nearly completely orbited the sun since then.

Scully's strategy of deferring talks was possibly a reasonable enough strategy at the time it was formulated. IMO it is no longer a reasonable strategy - to the contrary, it has all the hallmarks of a disrespectful strategy as it is placing the club in a very difficult position. It is producing a toxic effect and is dominating virtually all MFC-related discussion at the moment.

The MFC's very generous offer is on the table. It is known. The benefits for Scully in waiting until the season's end to consider it are, on any construction, disproportionately less to the benefits the club would derive in knowing what Scully intends to do (in the current circumstances). If we lose Sylvia (or any other required player) because of this, I for one will be absolutely livid.

And I find this whole 'I don't understand why some supporters are angry that I want to wait till the end of the year' perspective to be naive in the extreme. In the adult world, things change - and sometimes quite rapidly. One can't always expect to be able to doggedly stick to some strategy that is of benefit to oneself only, though significant detriment to others, and expect not to suffer some fall out from it. Surely anyone with any emotional intelligence understands this.

For the contract amounts/terms that are being suggested, I believe a certain level of responsibility comes attached with it. Scully is no longer a 17 year old prospective draftee - his management is positioning him as a future dominant figure in the game. And, in this context, I would be grateful if he (or his management) would respect the impact that his dogged determination to make his decision in his 'own time' is having on this club - and pay the club the respect of letting it know what he intends to do.

I have stated my point, and you had nothing to add other that "sigh". Not my problem if you can't see resason.

I don't have a problem with RobbieF having an opinion, but going as far as calling Tom a mercenary is where I (and others) take affront. All one needs to do is read the meaning of the word in the dictionary, and if they know anything about Tom and his motivations, then they can see that mercenary is just an idiotic word to use in this case. Other than that I have no issue whatsoever with Robbie being all bitter. I prefer to go about my day without Tom and the situation he finds himself in upsetting me. We can cross that bridge when we get to it.

So you know more about the financial viability of the club, and the state of our TPP than they themselves do you? Why on earth would they offer this amount if they can't afford it, and if it would have detrimental effect to any area of our FD at all?

I'm not bitter at all I just expressed my opinion which disagrees with yours.

The club can afford it but I guess it would be at the expense of someone else; you are aware that there is a salary cap and we have to share it among all the players don't you? You do understand that under the salary cap if you pay someone more you then have to pay some others less, pretty simple really. If you have a problem with that just ask a follow up question I'll be happy to answer it if I can.

I am not too worried about the Reach deal being knocked back, because him getting paid that money by a charity really doesn't sit well with me. It is just the fact that they are going to thwart any deal we can do. I've steam coming out my bl$#dy ears, I'm that mad about all this.

I have no problem with Tom working for REACH...i think he would be a very positive energy for the whole place. There are still ways to get this done. IMO.

Edited by why you little

Question for Wolfmother?

I love Tom and respect and understand his contract situation, however surely now he knows were he wants to play next year and beyond, he knows the offers by both GWS and MFC but there comes a time when you have to stop beating around the bush/cut to the chase and just at least say ''i'm leaving or'' ''no i will be at Melbourne next year but i will sort out contract details at seasons end as i said i would". Tom will earn huge money at Melbourne next year and beyond and sure too be well setup for life at the MFC. Tom should know the he and the rest of the team have the potential to be a powerhouse in a few years but he is badly needed for some assistance in making that dream hopefully come true. The simple fact of the matter is, this whole situation is tearing both the club and members up because we want our ( Chris Judd/ Nathan Buckley) the of player who may earn superstar status, something Melbourne hasnt had since 1964!!!

I like many really want him to be the next captain.

What Gubby Allen said on the footy show a couple of weeks back is an absolute crock s@#%t. GWS will not win the flag in 2015/16, despite the money they are throwing at players like Scully, Walker, Palmer, Ward, Thomas, Pendlebury etc. and draft picks it wont happen!!!

Powerhouse teams like Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton and Geelong all have btw 40 - 70,000 members, Strong sponsors, Strong corprate support, state of the art facilties and rescoures for players and top coaches. GWS will not have any of that, certainly not for a long time anyway!!!!

Sorry mate missed the question :)

Why he hasn't signed I have no idea.... why he hasn't found out GWS offer I have no idea.... Will he wait to the end of the end, I pretty certain he will maybe because he will announce that he is going I have no idea.

In a past life I was a copper, I was regularly interviewing crooks as I was more into the crime side of the police force. I have tried to catch him out in many ways and with many different discussion to see if he is lying or any indication that he might be going and I haven't seen anything to make me think that he has already made a decision to go, all the language/talk (this is not the obvious are you going or staying questions but secondary language) points to staying. Like I have stated before I don't believe it as I think the money will be too much, but my read is on staying... .either that or Tom's a better liar that 25year crooks who nothing else for a living....

Disagree.

Sucking money out of a charity??? You got to be joking. He'll bring the same despair to them as he has brought to the club.

Edited by america de cali

Nothing is hard to comprehend about this Kento80. But I don't really think this is the actual issue that is irritating so many supporters.

To my mind, the issue is that Scully seems intent upon sticking to a strategy that was apparently conceived in about August last year, even though the landscape has dramatically shifted since that time. In fact, the earth has very nearly completely orbited the sun since then.

Scully's strategy of deferring talks was possibly a reasonable enough strategy at the time it was formulated. IMO it is no longer a reasonable strategy - to the contrary, it has all the hallmarks of a disrespectful strategy as it is placing the club in a very difficult position. It is producing a toxic effect and is dominating virtually all MFC-related discussion at the moment.

The MFC's very generous offer is on the table. It is known. The benefits for Scully in waiting until the season's end to consider it are, on any construction, disproportionately less to the benefits the club would derive in knowing what Scully intends to do (in the current circumstances). If we lose Sylvia (or any other required player) because of this, I for one will be absolutely livid.

And I find this whole 'I don't understand why some supporters are angry that I want to wait till the end of the year' perspective to be naive in the extreme. In the adult world, things change - and sometimes quite rapidly. One can't always expect to be able to doggedly stick to some strategy that is of benefit to oneself only, though significant detriment to others, and expect not to suffer some fall out from it. Surely anyone with any emotional intelligence understands this.

For the contract amounts/terms that are being suggested, I believe a certain level of responsibility comes attached with it. Scully is no longer a 17 year old prospective draftee - his management is positioning him as a future dominant figure in the game. And, in this context, I would be grateful if he (or his management) would respect the impact that his dogged determination to make his decision in his 'own time' is having on this club - and pay the club the respect of letting it know what he intends to do.

This is a very good post RonB and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Sucking money out of a charity??? You got to be joking. He'll bring the same despair to them to what he has brought the club.

How is the payment of a salary sucking money out of charity? Gotta spend money to make money.

If Tom gets through to one kid to live a positive life....to me that is priceless, and i think our president would agree.

Sucking money out of a charity??? You got to be joking. He'll bring the same despair to them as he has brought to the club.

What makes you think he has brought the club to despair?

What makes you trust that this Reach rumour is true?

How is the payment of a salary sucking money out of charity? Gotta spend money to make money.

If Tom gets through to one kid to live a positive life....to me that is priceless, and i think our president would agree.

Next thing some will claim he can turn water into wine after he's walked across it.

I'm not bitter at all I just expressed my opinion which disagrees with yours.

The club can afford it but I guess it would be at the expense of someone else; you are aware that there is a salary cap and we have to share it among all the players don't you? You do understand that under the salary cap if you pay someone more you then have to pay some others less, pretty simple really. If you have a problem with that just ask a follow up question I'll be happy to answer it if I can.

You're a goose mate. Read my posts before you try getting on your high horse. I have said all over this thread that the club are competent and wouldn't make an offer of this magnitude if they thought that it would jeopardise anything of any importance to them. As you said yourself "I guess it would be at the expense of someone else". Note that I highlighted guess for you, as it shows you have no knowledge of the situation at all. You also ignored my question, I presume because it debases your aspertions. I will repeat it for you, maybe instead of being petty you could actually try and answer it. So you know more about the financial viability of the club, and the state of our TPP than they themselves do you? Why on earth would they offer this amount if they can't afford it, and if it would have detrimental effect to any area of our FD at all? I put it in bold so that you can spot it too.

Next thing some will claim he can turn water into wine after he's walked across it.

Not at all. He is just a very focused young man. And that's why i believe he is worth fighting for to keep on our list.

Listen to how our CEO speaks of him.

great post

Stay classy