• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Tom Scully Saga

Guest Artie Bucco

He's not very bright?

Yeah, that's also a very good explanation.

The concept that often masquerades as occam's razor..?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's also a very good explanation.

The concept that often masquerades as occam's razor..?

Tom Scully will sign with Melbourne. Follow this and you'll be right.

Edited by old55

He's not very bright?

That's putting it mildly.

I think SEN should give Andy Maher and David Schwartz a radio show together and 'forget' to plug in the microphones whilst intelligent people are put on air nearby.

I agree with those who think Scully will be a once-in-a-generation player. He is an utter professional and I think that professionalism is why he will go to GWS. He lives to play football. It doesn't matter where or with whom - perhaps it would be different if he was at Richmond, the club he supported. I suspect the only issue would be proximity to his family and if he goes to GWS he will be in a position to move them as needs be. It would be extraordinary to turn down the money - and, moreover, if he was serious about staying then he would already be negotiating.

Perhaps some people on here know him better and I am wrong. I would love that to be the case as I think he could lead Melbourne to the top of the mountain. But all the signs I see are of a professional player doing what he does best - playing quality football - who will leave at the end of the season when his contract expires.

Or

Eventually inaction (on Scully's and his Management) becomes too obvious.

There are no REAL reasons why he wouldn't begin negotiation in some form other than the reason being because he's already gone.

Then explain why pavlich has never negotiated in a season or doesn't that suit your argument.... What about Sylvia is he gone as well?

Edited by Wolfmother

Inaction is only Scully & his management sticking to exactly what they said they would from the outset.Are you afraid of the dark too..?

Not afraid of the dark

But afraid of those who rationalise the irrational

Why would you call off all negotiations other than the fact that you had been in poor form and wanted to prove your value?

Look at Martin and Richmond last year as soon as the wisper started last year bang re-signed with his club

I will be one the happiest people going around if he stays and this is all wrong. I'll be over the moon that's how

good I reckon he is. He has the potential to be in the Ablett & Judd status.

I don't think he's lied and signed a HoA I reckon he's just decided he's off cause the deals too good.

Scully knows he's a gem runner up in NAB rising star. Played 21 games last year he's a jet.

Speculation hurts his reputation (whether right or wrong) and shifts focus away from where it should be on his footy.

It also affects his team mates putting pressure on them having to answer will he stay will he go?

Why would Scully and his management like about that situation?

Then explain why pavlich has never negotiated in a season or doesn't that suit your argument.... What about Sylvia is he gone as well?

Neither have been under the sustained scrutiny that Scully is under at the moment.

as to Pavlich according to following article he began negotiating Late July early August

dated:By Nathan Schmook 4:13 PM Wed 08 Sep, 2010

After only a few weeks of smooth negotiations between Fremantle and player manager Dan Richardson,

Pavlich signed a four-year contract extension on Wednesday morning that will tie him to the club until the end of the 2014 season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102257/default.aspx

I don't think Sylvia is gone he needs to show his value because on balance he's shown poor consistency and this affects his value.

Has got a substantial injury history also.

This is also his first season so far where he looks close to playing every game for a year.

To get the best deal for himself he needs to show he can consistently put a season together in terms of injury and effectiveness.

If Scully leaves, we will get shafted because Melbourne always gets shafted, it's traditional.

It would then be interesting to hear what he says at his first press conference. "I gave Melbourne the very best I had to offer. But after the most enjoyable 30-odd games of my career, I felt the time was right to move on."

Wonder who would then be the first AFL shill to sanctimoniously ooze "Gee, I hope Melbourne fans don't boo, Tom."

I'd like the journalists who keep saying Tom Scully has signed and is going to GWS to start naming some sources!! They all have this impeccable totally reliable information yet not one of them can ever name how they know this.

Andy Maher said he had it from impeccable sources on SEN that Scully had already signed. Then on before the game said to Trengove that it is probably all just AFL Scuttlebutt!!! Well which one is is Maher!!! TRUE or BS!!!??? Or is your impeccable source not reliable enough or maybe not correct??? I think you'll find that means it is NOT an impeccable source just another GWS toolbag spreading rumors.

I think Andy Maher's impeccable source is most likely David Schwarz, and David Schwarz's is probably Andy Maher.

Or

He's just calling it as he sees it and enough reputable people have told him he's gone.

You can bury your beneath the sand for only so long.

Eventually inaction (on Scully's and his Management) becomes too obvious.

There are no REAL reasons why he wouldn't begin negotiation in some form other than the reason being because he's already gone.

Yes there are, for the same reason that dozens of other players wait till the end of the year.

They believe they can get a better deal.

Guest Artie Bucco

Neither have been under the sustained scrutiny that Scully is under at the moment.

as to Pavlich according to following article he began negotiating Late July early August

After only a few weeks of smooth negotiations between Fremantle and player manager Dan Richardson,

Pavlich signed a four-year contract extension on Wednesday morning that will tie him to the club until the end of the 2014 season.

I don't think Sylvia is gone he needs to show his value because on balance he's shown poor consistency and this affects his value.

This is also his first season so far where he looks close to playing every game for a year.

To get the best deal for himself he needs to show he can consistently put a season together in terms of injury and effectiveness.

What relevance does the "sustained scrutiny" have?

If he chooses to ignore it, and it works for him (obviously didn't hinder Scully last week) then how is it even relevant?

It's only relevant for fear-struck supporters that are convinced he will go over a few weak rumours.

Edited by Artie Bucco

I think you missed the point. Tom and his management decided on a strategy to get the best possible deal for Tom. He hasn't looked at offers yet just decided to wait until the end of 11 to look at ALL offers including GWS. Just because this doesn't suit our (the MFC and the members) timelines doesn't mean anything nothing has been decided. A lot of players don't sign during season and Pav always has the is he going back to SA (not so much in the later years.).

Everyone is trying to read into the past and looking for signs if he stays or goes. Look at this site we analysis his singing of the song, his facebook friends, his relationship to his family, his current housing situation. Maybe he is just waiting as this is the advice he has been given.

Never have I said on this site he is staying at MFC. If GWS offer is stupid money he'll be gone but to assume that it is a done deal is stupid on our part.

My only worry with Scully is how much influence his management company has over him. Its more in there intrest to go the GWS then his.

I thought you said he told you he was staying? :lol:

I think you missed the point. Tom and his management decided on a strategy to get the best possible deal for Tom. He hasn't looked at offers yet just decided to wait until the end of 11 to look at ALL offers including GWS. Just because this doesn't suit our (the MFC and the members) timelines doesn't mean anything nothing has been decided. A lot of players don't sign during season and Pav always has the is he going back to SA (not so much in the later years.).

Everyone is trying to read into the past and looking for signs if he stays or goes. Look at this site we analysis his singing of the song, his facebook friends, his relationship to his family, his current housing situation. Maybe he is just waiting as this is the advice he has been given.

Never have I said on this site he is staying at MFC. If GWS offer is stupid money he'll be gone but to assume that it is a done deal is stupid on our part.

Isn't it possible that if one didn't look at ANY offers until end of 2011 that GWS may have signed their marquee players elsewhere and the treasure chest is somewhat depleted, so the really BIG money is gone?

Seems to me leaving it late may be just that - too late

Just some thoughts

I think you missed the point. Tom and his management decided on a strategy to get the best possible deal for Tom. He hasn't looked at offers yet just decided to wait until the end of 11 to look at ALL offers including GWS. Just because this doesn't suit our (the MFC and the members) timelines doesn't mean anything nothing has been decided. A lot of players don't sign during season and Pav always has the is he going back to SA (not so much in the later years.).Everyone is trying to read into the past and looking for signs if he stays or goes. Look at this site we analysis his singing of the song, his facebook friends, his relationship to his family, his current housing situation. Maybe he is just waiting as this is the advice he has been given. Never have I said on this site he is staying at MFC. If GWS offer is stupid money he'll be gone but to assume that it is a done deal is stupid on our part.

Oh ok my fault your arguing the middle ground, how could I be so silly not to realise.

You offered Pav as example clearly he negotiates before end of season.

You say it's strategy - all it does is effect the amount of scrutiny on himself and his team see Geelong

I don't think that member speculation is at fault here I reckon when those in the game say he's gone and

especially a former great of the club in Schwartz says he's gone and he's convinced the circumstantial evidence

reaches critical mass and can't be ignored.

98% gone is what he said - Schwartz wouldn't so dramatically increase speculation unless he was sure.

Now I'm not some sort of Sav who floggs themselves senseless whenever they get a sniff of something going wrong at MFC

But Schwartz being convinced of his departure is enough on balance to make me believe he's gone.

If he stays I'll retract it all.

I'll be glad to wrong

I'm not saying he's a bad bloke or that he's lied

Just think at some the potential deal at GWS has been too good