The old 'medical department' stitch up

Curry & Beer

over the last 5 years or so the MFC has had a horrible run with injuries. At many stages it has been questioned whether our 'tightened pursestrings' existence may have something to do with a sub-par medical department that is not doing their job. We seemed to start this year in great shape but the last 2-3 weeks they've fallen apart like crepe paper. What do we think, just bad luck or where there's smoke there's fire?

Sam Blease concussion Rnd 6 Rnd 8

Test

Jack Fitzpatrick ankle syndesmosis sprain Rnd 7 Rnd 20

Jack Grimes navicular stress fracture Rnd 7 End of season

Mark Jamar knee PCL Rnd 7 Rnd 12

Tom Scully knee injury Preseason games Rnd 12

Has some bone bruising and being managed cautiously

Jake Spencer knee ACL Rnd 7 End of season

James Strauss abdominal injury Rnd 6 Rnd 9

Kidney laceration

I believe Rivers, Garland and Bail are also on it

plus Trengove, Dunn suspended

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

over the last 5 years or so the MFC has had a horrible run with injuries. At many stages it has been questioned whether our 'tightened pursestrings' existence may have something to do with a sub-par medical department that is not doing their job. We seemed to start this year in great shape but the last 2-3 weeks they've fallen apart like crepe paper. What do we think, just bad luck or where there's smoke there's fire?

Test

Kidney laceration

That's like blaming Bin Laden's death on the Taliban having poor medical staff. Come on mate.

Guest Artie Bucco

Your theory can only be applied to soft tissue injuries.

For instance, the first injury listed - Blease with CONCUSSION - are you seriously trying to say that reflects upon the medical dept as being under-resourced??!

Not sure what relevance Dunn & Trengove's suspensions have here, either.

Your theory can only be applied to soft tissue injuries.

For instance, the first injury listed - Blease with CONCUSSION - are you seriously trying to say that reflects upon the medical dept as being under-resourced??!

Not sure what relevance Dunn & Trengove's suspensions have here, either.

who knows thugh, if you have better coaches and better facilities maybe your equiped more advantageously to recover form a concussion

no relevance, just mentioning an injury list like that is bad enough without 2 suspensions as a kicker

one thing I know for fact is that we have had way above our share of injuries over the last few years so why is it

Guest Artie Bucco

Luck, and that's it.

If we had a glut of hamstring injuries, you could be onto something.

We don't.

Test

Kidney laceration

As a physiotherapist, I have to say this is the stupidest post I have ever seen.....EVER, and I'm not going to give it credibility by explaining why. Take it down before someone gets hurt!

It's not just injuries , it's also injury management .

Our players take forever to get over them .

Our medical dept needs attention .

It's not just injuries , it's also injury management .

Our players take forever to get over them .

Our medical dept needs attention .

Complete [censored]!!!! :mad: Our players take the same time to get over the same injuries as other clubs. EVERY injury is slightly different and are managed on a case by case basis. ALL our injuries this year have been impact related. This has absolutely nothing to do with fitness or physical preparation. It is bad luck and part of the game. In fact the one injury which is potentially workload or preparation related, and I'm being very presumptuous here, is Jordie McKenzie's groin. He is back ahead of time.

Complete [censored]!!!! :mad: Our players take the same time to get over the same injuries as other clubs. EVERY injury is slightly different and are managed on a case by case basis. ALL our injuries this year have been impact related. This has absolutely nothing to do with fitness or physical preparation. It is bad luck and part of the game. In fact the one injury which is potentially workload or preparation related, and I'm being very presumptuous here, is Jordie McKenzie's groin. He is back ahead of time.

Scully's knee .

Scully's knee .

Scully's knee is a result of a pre-existing condition. Here's the scenario....in preseason, the intention is to bring every player up to a 'peak' level of fitness. Along the way, you grade their workload based on symptom presentation. If they have no symptoms, there is NO reason to hold them back, unless you have a history of symptomatic response to a certain workload. This is why older players have a more considered approach. Tom Scully came to the club having suffered a patella fracture. He then had a preseason and played a full season ASYMPTOMATICALLY. That's a clean slate. During preseason, he would have started to present with soreness, was subsequently assessed, and found to have a stress reaction. Appropriate response and management from then.

This is not anybody's fault. Compare it to Trent Croad's foot. THAT is poor management, and it ended his career.

A sub par medical department not doing it's job??

Are you basing that on us having an injury list or do you have some sort of insight into the way they go about their jobs?

All cl;ubs have high injury lists this year...Tim Watson was talking about it this morning.

Fremantle are up to 15 so far.

We are not alone. This game gets more Brutal on injuries each year.

It's luck of the draw.

OK so the outraged brains trust has concluded its just year after year of bad luck, thats a shame isnt it. I'm sure there is nothing sub-par about our recruiting staff or coaching staff either.. Collingwood and WCE pay for the best but i'm sure all ours are equally as good

Mr 'as a physiotherapist' you tell all your clients it is bad luck do you or do you have any real useable answers?

Guest Artie Bucco

OK so the outraged brains trust has concluded its just year after year of bad luck, thats a shame isnt it. I'm sure there is nothing sub-par about our recruiting staff or coaching staff either.. Collingwood and WCE pay for the best but i'm sure all ours are equally as good

Mr 'as a physiotherapist' you tell all your clients it is bad luck do you or do you have any real useable answers?

And this one took us to the final level, where you have to defeat Bowser.

And this one took us to the final level, where you have to defeat Bowser.

yeah and when he beats you everytime you can just say it's luck instead of a tangible reason ie you are bad at the game

its easier that way

Ok, go on... tell me, what are your medical qualifications?

no the onus is on you to do that because youve waltzed into the thread calling others stupid without offering a shred of anything useful yourself

besides there is no such thing as 'medical qualifications' it's all just luck remember

collingwood pays double what we do in order to secure the luckiest medical professionals available

rabbits feet and shamrocks