• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

'Scully talks'

Samsara

I like the Pendlebury to Melbourne suggestion, about time we were in the mix for a player of that calibre.

I like being fed peeled grapes and having scantily clad beauty's waving palm fronds over me to keep me deliciously cool - Im figuring that this too may be dream.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me sick all this talk by some posters that justifies thats its OK for the club to be screwed to the wall and hung out to dry whilst this juvenile lead supposedly makes up his mind. We get the slam door in face attitude with the its all about me attitude and some think it is OK.

Makes me sick all this talk by some posters that justifies thats its OK for the club to be screwed to the wall and hung out to dry whilst this juvenile lead supposedly makes up his mind. We get the slam door in face attitude with the its all about me attitude and some think it is OK.

Has Donald Trump called you yet to help him with Libya?

Pendlebury signing for one year (no doubt for v.good coin) being a childhood demon fan is just saying "I think I'll grab another premiership here and then join the Dee's as they start to enter their premiership window"

Certainly some brilliant footballers around that were Demon fans when younger. Pendles, Judd, Buddy,... :blink:

Guest Artie Bucco

Such a bizarrely incorrect comment to make.

A small-minded view of the matter.

How on earth is Scully "screwing the club to the wall and hanging it out to dry"?

Do you really think he should make all his decisions with the club's best interests at heart, rather than his own?

Such a bizarrely incorrect comment to make.

A small-minded view of the matter.

How on earth is Scully "screwing the club to the wall and hanging it out to dry"?

Do you really think he should make all his decisions with the club's best interests at heart, rather than his own?

My comments are directed to people like you. You apologists always play the man instead of the topic and make arguments that spite your own nose. Trying to find any justification to why he may stay and arguing against the interests of the club. The club comes first and not the individual.

As far as I am concerned he has made his decision. There is only one reason why the door has been shut. If he hasn't gone yet then his actions are very selfish and will continue to destabilise and ferment uncertainty at this fragile club and quite frankly if that is the case he can get lost.

Just about every other high profile GWS candidates have been more engaging and eager to sort out their position on the matter. A player of his stature should have been secured a long time ago. If not it is either through incompetence at the club or he had decided to leave a long time ago thus leaving us high and dry.

Edited by america de cali

Did Pendlebury sign a one-year contract?!

lol

Imagine if a Melbourne player did that?

ADC and BB would meltdown...

You know , sometimes youre just plainly foolish .

If you'd bothered to read most posts you will have read I suggested Scully to exactly that ; sign a one year extension.

But please maintain your ignorance, most befitting.

You know , sometimes youre just plainly foolish .

If you'd bothered to read most posts you will have read I suggested Scully to exactly that ; sign a one year extension.

But please maintain your ignorance, most befitting.

Your actually getting harder to read TBH.

And this...

Golly.. using a one year extension with 'heavy" sweetening as a prelude to full renogiating.. and escaping GWS clutches... wow...thats Einsteinian surely !!! lol

Canr help thinking ive seen that idea somewhere before

Yousee what this says is.. Pendles wants to remain a Pie...burt wants his slice of it too

All easily done... and again I ask why a certain other young man doesnt display the same sense of staying-put with his club ?

quack....quack !!

...isn't exactly worthy of winning an argument is it?

A 19 year old extending his contract by a year would be rather odd (to put it lightly)...

Especially considering that the reason that we are worried about his contract is because of GWS being able to take him.

Extending his contract by one year does not end that speculation.

And, BB, CTFD, ok?

No need for your personal [censored]...

Marc Murphy has now said publicly he is going to sign with the blues shortly. I would love for scully to come out and say something like that but we have heard nothing from him since his press conference.

Marc has been stating that since February.

Guest Artie Bucco

Hahaha I just choked on my coffee, reading that post!

Come on BB, that post of yours wasn't meant to seriously back up some sort of argument, was it?

It barely made any sense!

In all seriousness, constructive feedback here, not trying to play the man... I really do find some of your posts very hard to read and end up skimming over them, or just plain not reading them at all.

I get the feeling there is a lot of assumed knowledge in what you say, but it's like reading a cryptic crossword sometimes.

Guest Thomo

It seems that the longer Scully stays off the field the better he gets. Some of the talk on here is as if we have a 21 year old Chris Judd. Scully seems to be a good player, but I'm not sold on him being a great player, and I'm not sure how much development he has in him.

Players when they hit the AFL system improve in several areas, these include strength, stamina, basic skills, attitude and nutrition, some players may also continue to grow.

The big improvement in Scully will be the strength, and this is where most of his improvement will come from. He already has elite stamina, so I don't see much improvement there. He has been training like a professional since he was 13, so I think there is not much improvement in attitude and nutrition. The big concern is after all his training in the last six years his disposal is still poor by hand and foot.

Daniel Rich slid down the draft order due to his limited scope for improvement, and although he is and will be a good player, will not be the great player than many predicted when he was 16. I think that although the areas are different, Scully may be similar, and at his peak in several area already.

Scully staying or going will not make or break the club. Will be a good player, but not the Messiah. I'm glad we have Frawley, Watts and Trengove signed already, as I believe that they will be more important.

It seems that the longer Scully stays off the field the better he gets. Some of the talk on here is as if we have a 21 year old Chris Judd. Scully seems to be a good player, but I'm not sold on him being a great player, and I'm not sure how much development he has in him.

Players when they hit the AFL system improve in several areas, these include strength, stamina, basic skills, attitude and nutrition, some players may also continue to grow.

The big improvement in Scully will be the strength, and this is where most of his improvement will come from. He already has elite stamina, so I don't see much improvement there. He has been training like a professional since he was 13, so I think there is not much improvement in attitude and nutrition. The big concern is after all his training in the last six years his disposal is still poor by hand and foot.

Daniel Rich slid down the draft order due to his limited scope for improvement, and although he is and will be a good player, will not be the great player than many predicted when he was 16. I think that although the areas are different, Scully may be similar, and at his peak in several area already.

Scully staying or going will not make or break the club. Will be a good player, but not the Messiah. I'm glad we have Frawley, Watts and Trengove signed already, as I believe that they will be more important.

If this helps you sleep at night, then that is fine.

He will be great, and we need to keep him, and we will.

Really ? Point me to it and I'll stamp out this nonsense. Chris Judd, seriously ? - what nonsense. :rolleyes:

Guest Thomo

Quality response, as expected from you.

Don't worry about facts or arguments, just shoot down opinions. Keep up the great work.

Agree, Not sure why we go on and on about Scully signing.

We put our best offer forward and if that is not good enough to keep him so be it.

He is after all one player.

JC would not improve us at present

Good I swore I was not going onto Scully threads again.

My comments are directed to people like you. You apologists always play the man instead of the topic and make arguments that spite your own nose. Trying to find any justification to why he may stay and arguing against the interests of the club. The club comes first and not the individual.

As far as I am concerned he has made his decision. There is only one reason why the door has been shut. If he hasn't gone yet then his actions are very selfish and will continue to destabilise and ferment uncertainty at this fragile club and quite frankly if that is the case he can get lost.

Just about every other high profile GWS candidates have been more engaging and eager to sort out their position on the matter. A player of his stature should have been secured a long time ago. If not it is either through incompetence at the club or he had decided to leave a long time ago thus leaving us high and dry.

The justification for him staying and not staying have been spelt out and dont need to be spelt out again.

The main premise of your argument that the club comes first and not the individual died many a year ago. No club, including our own is immune to this. If a player has currency he will be able to hold the upper hand in negotiations, as opposed to players not in demand - Jmac, Paul johnson etc. Sorry to disappoint but this is the landscape that ALL clubs are playing in.

Just about every other high profile player hasnt been more engaging and i would like to hear your opinion on how you believe the Pendlebury signing for one season taking him neither out of GWS clutches and also straight into free agency is putting the club ( Collingwood) before the individual. I see the Pendlebury one year signing as bending over Collingwood big time.

As to the uncertainity - I think the most uncertainity and angst is on this board. Please point us all to the distabilisation of the club that his very clear and unambiguous path has created ?

Agree, Not sure why we go on and on about Scully signing.

We put our best offer forward and if that is not good enough to keep him so be it.

He is after all one player.

JC would not improve us at present

Good I swore I was not going onto Scully threads again.

I hear he's good in the wet ;)