Its a Simple Equation !

Its a simple equation.

If the Melbourne football players and coach win this next game against the Crows, the coach will live to fight again another day.

Even if it is a close match and we lose he will still survive

The club would be most certainly reluctant to change coaches at the start of the season as well as have to pay Bailey out.

Then there is the Issue of a replacement coach, the only person who would possibly be available to coach and make a difference at this stage would be Todd Viney

Todd was always as tough as nails and could hold down the position of temporary coach for the remainder of the season as Todd would get the same honeymoon period as most new coaches did and the expectations would not be as high.

Especially if Todd won a few games with the team early in the piece.

However if Melbourne wins a few more matches Bailey will continue to coach Melbourne for the rest of the year.

It is my opinion though that Baileys time is up as coach, he is not the one to take Melbourne Footballclub forward on the field into the future.

Though I expect Bailey to see out the season for the reasons mentioned above. ( That is baring another absolute debacle performence as against the West Coast in the next week or even in the next few games.)

I do not believe he should be reappointed, the only way he could be possibly hold down his position would be with a major turn around and a totally unexpected result at the end of the season.

I personally think you will find the board will be left with little or no choice but to make the change with regards to the coach at the end of the season

Unfortunately for us supporters that will be little consolation and the frustration and dissapointment regarding this season will most likely continue.

Its a simple equation.

If the Melbourne football players and coach win this next game against the Crows, the coach will live to fight again another day.

The club would be most certainly reluctant to change coaches at the start of the season as well as have to pay Bailey out.

Then there is the Issue of a replacement coach, the only person who would possibly be available to coach and make a difference at this stage would be Todd Viney

Todd was always as tough as nails and could hold down the position of temporary coach for the remainder of the season as Todd would get the same honeymoon period as most new coaches did and the expectations would not be as high.

However if Melbourne wins a few more matches Bailey will continue to coach Melbourne for the rest of the year.

It is my opinion though that Baileys time is up as coach, he is not the one to take Melbourne Footballclub forward on the field into the future.

Though I expect Bailey to see out the season for the reasons mentioned above. ( That is baring another absolute debacle performence as against the West Coast in the next week or even in the next few games.)

I do not believe he should be reappointed, the only way he could be possibly hold down his position would be with a major turn around and a totally unexpected result at the end of the season.

I personally think you will find the board will be left with little or no choice but to make the change with regards to the coach at the end of the season

Unfortunately for us supporters that will be little consolation and the frustration and dissapointment regarding this season will most likely continue.

I agree all the way until your last sentence. It will be great consolation for me IF they get a topline coach. I didn't mind getting flogged from pillar to post in 08/9 because I was looking down a barrel to a big, bright light. Similarly I wont mind what happens this season IF that bright light, which has dimmed considerably, begins to burn bright again. And that will only happen with a new, topline coach or an absolute bloody miracle.

Its a simple equation.

Todd Viney should be given the job right now and give him 3/4 of a season to show his stuff... Melbourne need a tough coach, someone that was tough on the field.... everything wrong with us on Thrus night was to do with hardness, intensity... Thats what Viney's game.....

Bring him i and see how he goes.. Then if he doesnt want it or hasnt performed we can target Malthouse, Roos at seasons end.

Yes DB is the head coach, but he has a whole bunch of blokes below him, my point is its not just him that's to blame.

Yes agreed, but wouldn't you expect the head coach to be responsible for who were chosen as assistant coaches and subsequently for their performanceat least to a substantial degree?

I agree all the way until your last sentence. It will be great consolation for me IF they get a topline coach. I didn't mind getting flogged from pillar to post in 08/9 because I was looking down a barrel to a big, bright light. Similarly I wont mind what happens this season IF that bright light, which has dimmed considerably, begins to burn bright again. And that will only happen with a new, topline coach or an absolute bloody miracle.

When I mentioned consolation I ment for the outcome of this season

I dont think there is a Melbourne Supporter anywhere that does not want our side to succeed

Like you I am as Frustrated as hell, with what has happened so far this year, it should have been our lead in year to the finals either just making it or going very very close.

After all isnt that what they have been preaching at us since Bailey was appointed.

This is what the Membership drive was all about .

Let your Demons Out Fuel the Fire ? http://www.melbourne...96/default.aspx

To me at the moment it seems the demons couldnt even light a match under themselves let alone Fire Up.

Sorry been a long, long time Demon supporter and been through it all

We are so starved of success I dont even think we would recognise it if it stood up in front of us and bit us on the asse!.

Or maybe I am just too Jaded to appreciate the finer planning that has been put in place, getting us to where we are now!

I was expecting an actual equation...

Whatever occurs Bailey will be around until mid-season at least.

A decision may be made before that but they won't burn him in round 6...

I was expecting an actual equation...

Whatever occurs Bailey will be around until mid-season at least.

A decision may be made before that but they won't burn him in round 6...

Equation

Dean Bailey raised by the power of 3

=Tod Vinny - Chris Connoly - Gary Lyon

= MickMalthouse

less or take 20 %

= Paul Roos

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Ps sorry couldnt help myself

Yes agreed, but wouldn't you expect the head coach to be responsible for who were chosen as assistant coaches and subsequently for their performanceat least to a substantial degree?

Sure, but it's a FD/club decision, not just DB's.

The problems at the moment go right across the club. Sure, the buck stops with DB, but it doesn't mean that he's all alone in this.

A few of the senior players taking responsibility wouldn't hurt.

So we lose versus Adelaide, then win all of our remaining matches and DB is gone?

If Dean can get the team playing like we achieved against Hawthorn in the 2nd Quarter consistently this season, then he will survive.But it must occur weekly.

It is a big ask, but then AFL Football is a hard & ruthless game.

Let's break it up into 4 week blocks and see how the team go...beating the Crows this sunday i believe is achievable with hard work, the week after at the Docklands will be Dean's greatest test so far.

Sure, but it's a FD/club decision, not just DB's.

The problems at the moment go right across the club. Sure, the buck stops with DB, but it doesn't mean that he's all alone in this.

A few of the senior players taking responsibility wouldn't hurt.

not suggesting that he is alone on this, more that he as head coach should assert himself across the FD and demand more say and control over the assistant coaches, trainers etc. Malthouse and more recently Heard demanded this.

Now I don't know how much control DB has at the moment. If a lot then he is to blame. If not then he has been weak in not asking and insisting on it and letting himself be in a vulnerable position.

not suggesting that he is alone on this, more that he as head coach should assert himself across the FD and demand more say and control over the assistant coaches, trainers etc. Malthouse and more recently Heard demanded this.

Now I don't know how much control DB has at the moment. If a lot then he is to blame. If not then he has been weak in not asking and insisting on it and letting himself be in a vulnerable position.

Correct....We are soon to find out whether our senior coach and captain are natural leaders or better in the 2 I.C. positions.

If Dean can get the team playing like we achieved against Hawthorn in the 2nd Quarter consistently this season, then he will survive.But it must occur weekly.

It is a big ask, but then AFL Football is a hard & ruthless game.

Let's break it up into 4 week blocks and see how the team go...beating the Crows this sunday i believe is achievable with hard work, the week after at the Docklands will be Dean's greatest test so far.

That’s impossible for a very inexperienced group of players...they will up and down throughout the season...even Collingwood less than 2 years ago were suffering multiple 50 points or greater losses in the same season.

That’s impossible for a very inexperienced group of players...they will up and down throughout the season...even Collingwood less than 2 years ago were suffering multiple 50 points or greater losses in the same season.

You maybe right, but the only way Dean Bailey will keep his job is if the team play like i described above.

A few years back Mark Thompson was in the same postion as bailey. He had his head in the block and the axe was coming down. Now im still hurting from last Thursday night, but im not going to swing that axe down just yet.

A few years back Mark Thompson was in the same postion as bailey. He had his head in the block and the axe was coming down. Now im still hurting from last Thursday night, but im not going to swing that axe down just yet.

Absolutely...and how did Geelong perform against Richmond that night in 2007??

I agree with Brad Green mostly. It's the players who have to take it on themselves to get it right. They need to push harder to get in the right places and to tackle and win clearances. There's not a whole lot a coach can do if his clearance players stand off and let their opponents have first touch on the ball. You can coach all you like that they need to get their hands dirty and win that ball, but if they won't do it on gameday what then? Drop them and bring in an 18 year old?

So what is your take 45, how will Bails be head coach in 2012?

Certainly not on the basis of him weekly coaching the team to a standard of beating a top four side by 5 goals a quarter as you would have him judged.

I agree with Brad Green mostly. It's the players who have to take it on themselves to get it right. They need to push harder to get in the right places and to tackle and win clearances. There's not a whole lot a coach can do if his clearance players stand off and let their opponents have first touch on the ball. You can coach all you like that they need to get their hands dirty and win that ball, but if they won't do it on gameday what then? Drop them and bring in an 18 year old?

Why was this not addressed in the Pre Season? and to be honest what Brad said should be the standard for each week. Sorry but heard it all before, this was after i saw Brad ask Neil Craig questions on After the Game....Shocking PR there from the MFC, should never have been allowed to happen...

Certainly not on the basis of him weekly coaching the team to a standard of beating a top four side by 5 goals a quarter as you would have him judged.

Time to Raise the Bar 45...otherwise we will never become one of those top four sides. I don't expect us to win every Quarter by 5 goals but i expect that commitment and run we got going in that 2nd Q against Hawthorn.

Dean is right under the pump, for him to survive he is going to have to coach his Butt off, if he does Fantastic....otherwise it is time to move aside.