• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Going on Sunday?

Striker475

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive also only missed a couple of games over the last few years but I think id rather spend a few hours with my mum on mothers day rather than sit through the torture that is the MFC at the moment.

Mate, there are lots of things we all would RATHER be doing than watching MFC lately. On Thursday night, I would RATHER have been:

- Sleeping

- An Essendon supporter

- Root canal

- Getting repeatedly stabbed with a blunt object.

Instead, I watched the West Coast game! And, I will do it again on Sunday at the G! As should you (after a lovely breakfast or lunch with your Mum)!

One way or another, a message will be sent. If few turn up, supporters are obviously telling the club that what they are doing isn't worth turning up to see. If a decent Melbourne crowd does turn up, and the team puts in another poor showing, you can be damn certain that the crowd will let Bailey, Stynes and Co know that what is happening simply isn't good enough.

Whilst i was extremely frustrated by that display on Thursday night, at least it became a tipping point for many supporters of the club. We have had enough, and we are finally voicing our displeasure, strongly. Either way, that can only be a good thing.

FWIW, i too will be there.

Edited by Demon Disciple

haha yeah - and I reckon if I can actually crack out a sign saying 'Now or Never Dean Bailey' that might get the cameras over quick-smart.

Are you interested in getting your 5 seconds of cheap fame or are you going there to actually support the side? I dont care how sharp or witty you might think your sheet will be. Its an hardly an attempt to support the Club. And if you think its positive incentive for the Club then its a pity.

The Club and the players are down and its easy to get on forums, facebook and email to be critical of the Club. Its a lot harder to stick fat with the Club. This is a challenge for the players and the supporters. If the Club dont turn it around in the coming week then players and officials should and will be held accountable. But it should be through the parties responsible for doing this. Not the cheap knee jerk lynch mob mentality which has dominated this Forum for the past week.

We disagree often but you are totally CORRECT here. We should all come this weekend and be positive and be as one. This is a very critical time for us and we need to be shown as supporters.

Club before negativity.

In someways our players mirrors the passion of our supporters. Give up to easily.

I'm with these two...(very well said by both)

I'm with these two...(very well said by both)

While I agree that we should continue to support the club and back them through the ups and downs, it is hardly accurate to label some (justifiably) annoyed and angry supporters as 'giving up' when it has been 10 years since we last played in a GF and 47 since we actually won a premiership.

Melbourne will come out firing this week I think, and show that world what they are capable of. It's whether they can continue with it that is the concern.

Are you interested in getting your 5 seconds of cheap fame or are you going there to actually support the side? I dont care how sharp or witty you might think your sheet will be. Its an hardly an attempt to support the Club. And if you think its positive incentive for the Club then its a pity.

The Club and the players are down and its easy to get on forums, facebook and email to be critical of the Club. Its a lot harder to stick fat with the Club. This is a challenge for the players and the supporters. If the Club dont turn it around in the coming week then players and officials should and will be held accountable. But it should be through the parties responsible for doing this. Not the cheap knee jerk lynch mob mentality which has dominated this Forum for the past week.

Easy to say.

The fact of the matter is that supporters are exactly that, and administrators are administrators. They come and go, and supporters don't. We would expect administrators to be dictated by process, and supporters by passion. There's hardly anything wrong with that.

There are some footy clubs where the culture amongst the grassroots and the influential supporters drives the standards, impatience, etc... of the Board and administration. Ours clearly isn't one of them! Yes, there are disadvantages to having an impatient/feral and influential supporter group (refer Richmond), but there are also advantages.

Being down is one thing, but I don't know how well you expect supporters to take the (admitted) lack of effort from a team that has no right to put in such a low effort.

I, for one, will not put my name publicly to a facebook campaign, because I think it's the wrong way to go. But hey, I don't mind that Bailey has external heat on his job, and let's face it, stunts like the facebook one assist in that heat being generated. But on the other hand, I am choosing not to spend money on a club event tomorrow night because I am so p*ssed off by the lack of heart that I don't think now is an appropriate time to prioritise spending my money on the club. Maybe I am doing the club more damage than the "lynch mob" you refer to.

Easy to say.

The fact of the matter is that supporters are exactly that, and administrators are administrators. They come and go, and supporters don't. We would expect administrators to be dictated by process, and supporters by passion. There's hardly anything wrong with that.

There are some footy clubs where the culture amongst the grassroots and the influential supporters drives the standards, impatience, etc... of the Board and administration. Ours clearly isn't one of them! Yes, there are disadvantages to having an impatient/feral and influential supporter group (refer Richmond), but there are also advantages.

Being down is one thing, but I don't know how well you expect supporters to take the (admitted) lack of effort from a team that has no right to put in such a low effort.

I, for one, will not put my name publicly to a facebook campaign, because I think it's the wrong way to go. But hey, I don't mind that Bailey has external heat on his job, and let's face it, stunts like the facebook one assist in that heat being generated. But on the other hand, I am choosing not to spend money on a club event tomorrow night because I am so p*ssed off by the lack of heart that I don't think now is an appropriate time to prioritise spending my money on the club. Maybe I am doing the club more damage than the "lynch mob" you refer to.

Excellent balanced view there Choko.

It is time for supporters & members to put more heat on this club, for too long they/we have been to accepting of mediocraty over a full season.

Beating Collingwood on QB is great, but we as a UNITED club must demand that passion weekly or else we will not survive long term.

One way or another, a message will be sent. If few turn up, supporters are obviously telling the club that what they are doing isn't worth turning up to see. If a decent Melbourne crowd does turn up, and the team puts in another poor showing, you can be damn certain that the crowd will let Bailey, Stynes and Co know that what is happening simply isn't good enough.

Whilst i was extremely frustrated by that display on Thursday night, at least it became a tipping point for many supporters of the club. We have had enough, and we are finally voicing our displeasure, strongly. Either way, that can only be a good thing.

Do you really think the Club does not realise how unsatisfactory the performance has been???? How self defeating is it for supporters not to turn up?

While I agree that we should continue to support the club and back them through the ups and downs, it is hardly accurate to label some (justifiably) annoyed and angry supporters as 'giving up' when it has been 10 years since we last played in a GF and 47 since we actually won a premiership.

Melbourne will come out firing this week I think, and show that world what they are capable of. It's whether they can continue with it that is the concern.

We are all justifiably annoyed - but support shouldn't be conditional on success; that's fairweather crap.

I am going to turn up and my partner, we always do, no matter what....but this week if we are forced to endure another weak as pee performance like last Thursday, I will be removing myself from my perch at the top of the Ponsford amd going down to level 1 to boo their every step off the MCG......I have always wanted to see one thing, win or lose, and that is every player having a crack...that's all I need.....

Easy to say.

The fact of the matter is that supporters are exactly that, and administrators are administrators. They come and go, and supporters don't.

Board positions are ex-gratia position held by people who have been supporters all their life. They often are financial supporters of the Club well above the call of duty. I am stunned that people would look at someone like Stynes and then consider some past board members like Peter Szental are not passionate about their Club. These are the people that are responsible for all aspects of the Club. Many are ex footballers with a long pedigree. They are also supported by people like Chris Connolly and Todd Viney (who is comfortable for his son to come to the Club). And they are lacking what??

I can totally understand how upset people are about the loss. Its been hard to take. But I have not had to resort to the mocking of the Club at a low point. Its a case of not what the Coach does (in 28 different threads so far) and the players put in but what the borader stakeholders in the Clud do. And some of the reactions have all the marks of self saucing lynch mob that has more interest in venting their spleens rather than addressing the issue. Everyone knows the heats on the Coach and the FD. Its a naive assumption undertaken by the lynch mob as a shallow justification of the "roights".

I also understand that you dont want to go to a Club function after this effort. i would be more concerned if you were to go with a painted billboard that is negative or antagonist of the current admin thinking that this will improve things.

Oh how I envy you who live in Melbourne. Reading all this talk of not missing a home game drives me nuts :( I only wish I could go this week. Maybe everyone who is not sure whether to go should think about those of us who can't, and don't even get a game in our state. Go along support and cheer, and if they capitulate again, let em know it. If they get up, let know it.

Board positions are ex-gratia position held by people who have been supporters all their life. They often are financial supporters of the Club well above the call of duty. I am stunned that people would look at someone like Stynes and then consider some past board members like Peter Szental are not passionate about their Club. These are the people that are responsible for all aspects of the Club. Many are ex footballers with a long pedigree. They are also supported by people like Chris Connolly and Todd Viney (who is comfortable for his son to come to the Club). And they are lacking what??

I can totally understand how upset people are about the loss. Its been hard to take. But I have not had to resort to the mocking of the Club at a low point. Its a case of not what the Coach does (in 28 different threads so far) and the players put in but what the borader stakeholders in the Clud do. And some of the reactions have all the marks of self saucing lynch mob that has more interest in venting their spleens rather than addressing the issue. Everyone knows the heats on the Coach and the FD. Its a naive assumption undertaken by the lynch mob as a shallow justification of the "roights".

I also understand that you dont want to go to a Club function after this effort. i would be more concerned if you were to go with a painted billboard that is negative or antagonist of the current admin thinking that this will improve things.

I never said the Board. Administrators are not the Board. I am not critical of the Board.

You are drawing a long bow re CC and Todd Viney. They are career footy people. CC was more involved at Freo than at Melbourne. The fact that he is currently employed at melbourne does not mean any more about his competence or passion for the MFC than an employee who has had no history at the MFC.

And I don't think that it's as simple as you saying that supporters are hitting the club at a low point. I think those same supporters, in general, have been very patient and loyal for a long, long time. Everyone has their point where they feel their emotional investment is far outweighing the club's.

I never said the Board. Administrators are not the Board. I am not critical of the Board.

You are drawing a long bow re CC and Todd Viney. They are career footy people. CC was more involved at Freo than at Melbourne. The fact that he is currently employed at melbourne does not mean any more about his competence or passion for the MFC than an employee who has had no history at the MFC.

And I don't think that it's as simple as you saying that supporters are hitting the club at a low point. I think those same supporters, in general, have been very patient and loyal for a long, long time. Everyone has their point where they feel their emotional investment is far outweighing the club's.

You should be. The Board are the people who are ultimately responsible and should be the basis to be able to relay supporters hurt and anger. I am sure they would be feeling it.

I am not sure why those that attack the Club through often fruitless means have any more emotional investment than other supporters who dont. Its a fallacy.

settle down Rhino and stop lecturing us with all your predictable spin

I'll bet you were a prefect at school

Very tempted to bring a 'NOW OR NEVER BAILEY' sign too...

I reckon if you did that you would be wearing it with your face after a few minutes, at least if I saw you you would

I wonder if you made a 'DEAN'S DOING A GREAT JOB' sign after the Sydney win last year?

harden up

Do you really think the Club does not realise how unsatisfactory the performance has been???? How self defeating is it for supporters not to turn up?

"Rhino"

You want to know (or maybe you don't, I care not anymore) what I think of all my "Knockers" and sarcastic Smart A...ses on this site that have given me sh..t almost every time I posted.???.. Probably not, as those "knockers" no longer have a leg to stand on... After Thursday night ??? That was worse than most games we played last year or any other year ??? We have no inspiration, no determination and honestly most players looked like they couldn't give a stuff. Where are all the Bailey defenders now ????? He spoke to the media and to me he could not inspire a five year old let alone men (or boys) Morton is a dud !! Jones sidestepped a confrontation... Again !! Gysberts didn't look too good at all did he ?? Too easily pushed aside...Sorry to name those players.. There were a lot more in the same boat !! I am today ashamed to admit I am a Melbourne Supporter and feel like handing in my Long treasured Membership.. I no longer care what crap about how we are going to be a force in the future is being bandied about Still !!!!.. I have been listening to that bs for too many years now and reading similar waffle on this site.. I will now communicate directly with the club and strongly support a campaign to "Get rid of Bailey " and maybe one or 2 other so called members of the football Dept. We are undoing all the good work Jimmy Stynes has done... Sorry Jim..

This post has been edited by plg31ni: 29 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Edited by plg31ni

"Rhino"

You want to know (or maybe you don't, I care not anymore) what I think of all my "Knockers" and sarcastic Smart A...ses on this site that have given me sh..t almost every time I posted.???.. Probably not, as those "knockers" no longer have a leg to stand on... After Thursday night ??? That was worse than most games we played last year or any other year ??? We have no inspiration, no determination and honestly most players looked like they couldn't give a stuff. Where are all the Bailey defenders now ????? He spoke to the media and to me he could not inspire a five year old let alone men (or boys) Morton is a dud !! Jones sidestepped a confrontation... Again !! Gysberts didn't look too good at all did he ?? Too easily pushed aside...Sorry to name those players.. There were a lot more in the same boat !! I am today ashamed to admit I am a Melbourne Supporter and feel like handing in my Long treasured Membership.. I no longer care what crap about how we are going to be a force in the future is being bandied about Still !!!!.. I have been listening to that bs for too many years now and reading similar waffle on this site.. I will now communicate directly with the club and strongly support a campaign to "Get rid of Bailey " and maybe one or 2 other so called members of the football Dept. We are undoing all the good work Jimmy Stynes has done... Sorry Jim..

This post has been edited by plg31ni: 29 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yeh. Go at Gysberts. You're a big man!

By the way, Bailey or not, the list is the list. The way you are talking we should be "great" already. So if you think the only thing between us and immediate success is Bailey, you are going to have a few more of these rants yet!

I will be pleasantly surprised if there is big crowd

Reasons

A lot of people don't go too see losers

MFC supporters have a large number of down hill skiers

It is mothers day ( Always lower numbers why do you think they put Melbourne on this day most years )I generally attend with two friends who told me before the season started they would not be going to this game

It may well be a cold day

My prediction 20 000 Dees and a few Adelaide

Total 23 000

Hope I am wrong but it flies in the face of the past to get a big crowd under these conditions.

Up side won't be hard to get a good seat

I will be pleasantly surprised if there is big crowd

Reasons

A lot of people don't go too see losers

MFC supporters have a large number of down hill skiers

It is mothers day ( Always lower numbers why do you think they put Melbourne on this day most years )I generally attend with two friends who told me before the season started they would not be going to this game

It may well be a cold day

My prediction 20 000 Dees and a few Adelaide

Total 23 000

Hope I am wrong but it flies in the face of the past to get a big crowd under these conditions.

Up side won't be hard to get a good seat

There were 16K at Etihad for Nth last week. There were only 33K at the Essendon game. Ours is on Mother's Day, so all in all 25K + would be a good result IMO.

Rhino: Every time I turn up I will turn up for the club, for the Demons. However, a statement needs to be made this week. The banner is a message of intent as to how I feel about the coach and how his actions are reflected in on-field performances. I will always support the red and the blue, but I will also feel that in hard times, things do need to be said.

Essendon supporters didn't stand for it last year when they were rubbish. Collingwood supporters wouldn't stand for it. Why the hell should I?

Curry and Beer: Honestly? I didn't know that he was right for the job two years ago. I knew he was a good development coach, but tactically I was unsure. I'm of the opinion that he's what we've needed up until now. Last year's contract extension was an interesting one which I didn't agree with.

I maintain, though, that the team is consistently not performing by now. After Thursday, the 'its only round 6' line is a thin one, because we've performed exactly the same in 4 home and away games plus the NAB Cup game vs Essendon. You've got to realise that something is going on.

Edited by Striker475

"Rhino"

You want to know (or maybe you don't, ..

Why do you bother?? Really :rolleyes:

There were 16K at Etihad for Nth last week. There were only 33K at the Essendon game. Ours is on Mother's Day, so all in all 25K + would be a good result IMO.

Mother's Day is a killer for crowds. 18k for me.

Rhino: Every time I turn up I will turn up for the club, for the Demons. However, a statement needs to be made this week. The banner is a message of intent as to how I feel about the coach and how his actions are reflected in on-field performances. I will always support the red and the blue, but I will also feel that in hard times, things do need to be said.

Dont knock your passion. How many banners have you done when we have been in better times? Each to his own. Remember to smile when the camera swings on you. Good to see you will be there nevertheless.