Changes for next game

deeflog

bate, surely not, watts, cook, dunn, howe, will hopefully be all ahead of him in 2 years time, and watts and dunn are surely ahead of bate now

Don't be so literal with 'replies' of posts.

Read an earlier post of G and you will find out who I am talking about.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gotzy15

You're than one laughing at your future CHF...

Yeah i was laughing at wattsy... and he certainly wont be our future CHF, he'll be lucky to get a game at casey soon. And although Dunn's 2011 hasnt been as good as his second half of last year i still dont think hes done a lot wrong this year. Remember he had 6 shots at goal against the swans in round 1 and hes still averaging 13 disposals and 2 goals a game at this stage with lots of room for improvement.His work ethic has still been good too! If wattsy ever gets to a stage where hes averaging those stats that Dunn is in a so called 'shocking' start to the season then he deserves his spot in the side over him

Why is it some people call for Bartram to be dropped every week, as if by default? Do you even watch the games or the role he plays?

Given the size of the ground, and the likely lineup of our opponents, I cant see there being any change.

Watts will enjoy the space provided to him at Subi, will be able to roam a bit higher up the ground as I think this is so far what he's most comfortable doing.

Similarly Morton should love playing on a big vast wing at Subi, his running strength can be utilised.

The Weagles forwards are quite tall, namely Lynch, Kennedy and Darling. We'll need all three of Rivers, Chip and Garland to be on their game. If they also throw Naitanui forward, Martin may need to take hime on as a backman.

Big test in two weeks as to where our side is at against a fit, confident eagles side.

good post.

agree on all points. Eagles forwardline is looking quite dangerous with the 3 talls.

I'll be at the game next thursday, hoping the boys can get up, but as you say it'll be a big test of where they are at becasue the eagles are showing some very good form and will be hard to beat at home.

Yeah i was laughing at wattsy... and he certainly wont be our future CHF, he'll be lucky to get a game at casey soon. And although Dunn's 2011 hasnt been as good as his second half of last year i still dont think hes done a lot wrong this year. Remember he had 6 shots at goal against the swans in round 1 and hes still averaging 13 disposals and 2 goals a game at this stage with lots of room for improvement.His work ethic has still been good too! If wattsy ever gets to a stage where hes averaging those stats that Dunn is in a so called 'shocking' start to the season then he deserves his spot in the side over him

Really?

Dunn?

If Watts is taking a long time to come on, Dunn is taking an eternity.

The equivalent year for Watts to show something - if we go by Dunn's obviously acceptable development - will be a average year in 2013 and a good end to 2014 as a defensive forward. And not much before that.

And here you are laughing at a 20 year old and lauding this NQR who continues to frustrate.

Your views on Watts are so extreme as to be hard to take seriously. He did some good things yesterday in a single quarter of footy and there have been several worse than him this year.

Just by way of comparison, Watts has had more contested marks, contested possessions, tackles and 1%s than Dunn this year despite less game time. His work ethic stacks up pretty well. He is also not far behind on total marks per game and disposals per game. In fact, if you adjust for the fact that Watts has been subbed twice and has played the equivalent of three games versus Dunn's four, he is ahead on those stats too.

The only stat Dunn is clearly in front is goals. I suggest you consider carefully before taking such extreme positions. Watts is taking time but will be a very good player for us. He is streets ahead of where Dunn was at the same stage and you still seem to think there's improvement in Dunn...

Edited by Deemolition

Your views on Watts are so extreme as to be hard to take seriously. He did some good things yesterday in a single quarter of footy and there have been several worse than him this year.

Just by way of comparison, Watts has had more contested marks, contested possessions, tackles and 1%s than Dunn this year despite less game time. His work ethic stacks up pretty well. He is also not far behind on total marks per game and disposals per game. In fact, if you adjust for the fact that Watts has been subbed twice and has played the equivalent of three games versus Dunn's four, he is ahead on those stats too.

The only stat Dunn is clearly in front is goals. I suggest you consider carefully before taking such extreme positions. Watts is taking time but will be a very good player for us. He is streets ahead of where Dunn was at the same stage and you still seem to think there's improvement in Dunn...

Spot on deemolition. But your post is far too logical for posters like gotzy to understand. Not sure Gotzy has got much in the logic department..

Grimes needs to be moved from defence, his kicking is not up to it at the moment and I think it would be better for the team if he was in the middle winning the ball and giving it off to the better ball users.

Like. Does anybody notice Morton seems to be a bit of a cheat? Seems to always be on his own way off the pack pushing forward. Yes he may get a few goals and yes it may look good, but it simply means there's an opposition player free somewhere else. Needs to work harder defensively IMO, bit selfish. But that's just me.

Runs like a girl - plays like a girl.

His brothers look like footballers - he looks like my 16yr old son playing basketball...

Edited by MrMuSiC

The equivalent year for Watts to show something - if we go by Dunn's obviously acceptable development - will be a average year in 2013 and a good end to 2014 as a defensive forward. And not much before that.

Nor after it.

Although in the medium term (second half of the year), I would like to see Bleeze replace Bartrum down back as I think he is an immensely talented and skilled player, his form at Casey doesnt yet justify that. Hopefully he can begin dominating games over the next 6 or seven games, then it could be justified. His dash and foot skills would eventually be immensely valuable IMO.

That would never be an option in my eyes, blease isnt a defensively minded player from what i have seen, and bartram is exactly that, a lock down small defensive player, bartram would be one of the first picked i believe, he is the best at what does.

His disposal is more than satisfactory compared to anyone, mid to high 70's and was higher than Daveys during 08-09.... anyone riddle me that?

Bartram is a huge piece to the puzzle atm

ps stats from the prospectus