Rivers - defender of old

Wonaeamirri - will be better

Martin - a solid contribution

Tapscott - skilled but loose

Davey - was easily tagged

Jamar - superb all day

Bail - excellent tagging role

Good analysis.

Don't remember Trengove being hesitant. Maybe when disposing of the ball, but I thought he was very good today.

3 word analysis...

Were you at the game joeboy? Disagree with a fair few of those to differing degrees...

Green - struggling with captaincy

Jones - best behind Moloney

Bartram - reasonable but patchy

Watts - some good moments (and is playing all over the ground so cut the guy a break, he did some different things today)

Gysberts - rising star nod

Bennell - provided needed movement

Frawley - solid, gathering steam

Trengove - tried hard, unlucky

Morton - worst sub ever

Sylvia - showed some leadership

Dunn - needs to focus

Grimes - disposal better today

Garland - very underrated player

Moloney - best on ground

Jurrah - sparked when needed

Rivers - worked into it

Wonaeamirri - brought some passion

Martin - much improved marking

Tapscott - learning about pressure

Davey - is really struggling

Jamar - is the man

Bail - showing good signs

Melbourne FC - showed little cohesion

Bailey - no less pressure

Moloney today showed why he is our spiritual onfield heart, while Green seems to be struggling either with age or captaincy, at one stage he didn't move from a 5m radius for about 10 minutes after giving up on a chase, maybe he's not 100%?

Martin and Bail showed some good signs today, Jones shut some traps for at least a week, and Gysberts just somehow finds time when needed.

fair assesment i think.

Davey wasnt tagged legally, i just watched the replay and he was man handled numerous times, if that was Judd Swan or co he would had atleast 2 set shots from free kicks. thought the umpires were really poor again today and the new advantage rule really sucks.

Until Melbourne produces a player more worthy of tagging than Davey, he will continue to get tagged and he will continue to struggle.

Teams target him physically because mentally he can't handle it. Since day one this has been his biggest downfall. That is why he didn't perform when we played finals, and why he generally struggles when the heat is on.

Don't get me wrong, Davey is a sensational player and he gives his all, but he can't handle close checking by an opponent.

Do you think an opposition player would ever do to Sylvia what they do to Davey? No, because Sylvia would thrive on it and Davey doesn't. It's easy to get into his head.

Bailey - no less pressure

In a world, and in a supporter base, there is no substitute for four points.

It's quite ridiculous to say that Bailey has 'no less pressure' on him than a day ago.

I will go through the stats soon, but I think it quite amazing we are 1-1-1 while playing such awful footy...

Green - 2010 Green missing

Jones - strong, important contribution

Bartram - hardly noticed him

Watts - lacks constant intensity (note - kick it to him when he leads so well. team mates stop ignoring good leading!)

Gysberts - poise and efficiency

Bennell - hardly noticed him

Frawley - rust falling off

Trengove - classy but patchy

Morton - worst sub ever

Sylvia - strong when required

Dunn - really dumb game

Grimes - just steady today

Garland - reliable but limited

Moloney - power and presence

Jurrah - superstar has arrived

Rivers - reads play brilliantly

Wonaeamirri - rusty but strong

Martin - quick, agile, aggressive

Tapscott - strong but uninvolved

Davey - tagged strongly again

Jamar - all australian ruckman

Bail - excellent tagging role (can't wait for Jordie to get back so this bloke can run free again)

Edited by Maldonboy38

Green - Needed a rocket

Jones - Needed a rocket

Bartram - Needed a rocket

Watts - Needed a rocket

Gysberts - Needed a rocket

Bennell - Needed a rocket

Frawley - Needed a rocket

Trengove - Needed a rocket

Morton - Needed a rocket

Sylvia - Needed a rocket

Dunn - Needed a rocket

Grimes - Needed a rocket

Garland - Needed a rocket

Moloney - Needed a rocket

Jurrah - Needed a rocket

Rivers - Needed a rocket

Wonaeamirri - Needed a rocket

Martin - Needed a rocket

Tapscott - Needed a rocket

Davey - Needed a rocket

Jamar - Needed a rocket

Bail - Needed a rocket

Bailey - Thankfully has rockets

Until Melbourne produces a player more worthy of tagging than Davey, he will continue to get tagged and he will continue to struggle.

Teams target him physically because mentally he can't handle it. Since day one this has been his biggest downfall. That is why he didn't perform when we played finals, and why he generally struggles when the heat is on.

Don't get me wrong, Davey is a sensational player and he gives his all, but he can't handle close checking by an opponent.

Do you think an opposition player would ever do to Sylvia what they do to Davey? No, because Sylvia would thrive on it and Davey doesn't. It's easy to get into his head.

i agree with a lot of what u have said but, i missed the game today but managed to listen to it, i became very concerned about aarons game, after watching the replay i feel a bit for him because he should have had aleast 6-7 free kicks and easily could kicked a few goals from them which would have really helped his confidence i think.

What's the answer? Because Flash's best is up there with the best... Problem is, he can only provide his best when left unattended.

Backline perharps?

Guest DeesPower

I can see what you are getting at but think it is a bit simplistic. All teams have sublimely skillful players like Davey who attract heavy tags. Most top teams protect those players. We give Davey no protection at all. It should be part of Money's, Jone's and Sylvia's job to give Aaron some protection. One of them should have run through Raines today when he persisted in continually scragging Davey behind play. In spite of that he had a major influence in setting up the Jurrah goals today, but he needs more help.

Edited by DeesPower

What's the answer? Because Flash's best is up there with the best... Problem is, he can only provide his best when left unattended.

Backline perharps?

I think we've already seen Bailey try to release him from a tag at half back or half forward. That works sometimes, but he doesn't really suit that sort of role to be honest and he often doesn't find much of the ball at either position and thus we end up missing out on his impact anyway.

The answer is to keep developing elite midfielders like Scully, Trengove etc... who will demand a tag themselves thus releasing Davey, or making him less critical to our success.

Here we go after 3 games at the G i reckon:

Green - been playing injured

Jones - jury still deciding

Bartram - not good enough

Watts - would rather Natanui

Gysberts - will be A grade

Bennell - adds class and pace

Frawley - back line general

Trengove - maybe carrying injury

Morton - has genuine class

Sylvia - still carrying foot injury

Dunn - lost in self-image