How about a positive thread this year?

Footynut

Hi all,

I don't know if many of you feel the same as i do....

Just a feeling that there is alot of negativity on this site and that this could be a thread where only real positive things are posted about the club, the team, the coaches etc..

I want to start by saying no matter what I love this club and I'm absolutely over the moon at the membership tally this year! I really want to see us crack that 40k!

In addition can't wait for today's game and I'm hoping that good things about today's game get posted here as acknowledgement...

Not sure if there is an appetite for this but thought why not provide an alternative!

Go Dees!!

Guest watts04

Next 3 weeks will be positive

Lets hope no injuries in the next 3 weeks and we got to the bye strong and then get Scully and Mck back

I can see positives for the future just strugglin atm

Next 3 weeks will be positive

Lets hope no injuries in the next 3 weeks and we got to the bye strong and then get Scully and Mck back

I can see positives for the future just strugglin atm

Cmon Wattsy 04 turn that beat around! All starts today!!

Well after watching the hawks absolutely smash Richmond in the wet last night, maybe our effort last week wasn't so bad after all!

And we drew with Sydney who have gone on to beat Essendon (who are in super form) and West Coast away (who were unbeaten).

Look at Sydney, UNBEATEN a win in the west, they beat the bombers with a bit of good luck,

We had some bad luck or bad play whatever ! We should expect, it a young side and if the senior players dont all perform

then neither will our team.

We can beat the Lions,, Come on beat the bastards, then next week We can beat the New boys, and we will have a platform to stand up on and see the future

As long as we start today well ! All above the shoulder, be positive, run hard ! all day long !

Go dees Give em Hell !!

No offence, but in my mind this is just as mind-numbingly stupid a thread as any of the doom-saying threads after a bad loss...

How about an intelligent reasoned discussion about certain aspects of football and the side?

I'm not a fan of mindless doom & gloom with no direction, and I'm not a fan of blind positivity in the same vein.

That is my opinion.

And after we SMASH the lions, 60 will do, and the Saints beat those scumbag Bombers we will be 9th with the Gold Coast to come next week. GREAT THREAD!

And it's true I think the Hawks are are red hot chance this year to make the GF so our effort wasn't so bad. (Try telling that to my walls at 3 qtr time!)

CARN THE DEEBOYZZZ :lol:

Aussie's story...

His determination and progression despite devastating circumstances during the off season has only increased my respect for this guy, REALLY looking forward to him back in the team, and not just for his skills but also for the positive passion and joy he brings to the team dynamic.

Chips quick return, the guy is unstoppable!

Trengoves impressive step towards leadership...

Mainly noticed through newspaper articles etc but been super impressed by Trenners maturity and outlook on playing footy with his mates.

And finally, two words:

The Bull

(He's not a gun, he's a friggin canon!)

Aussie's story...

His determination and progression despite devastating circumstances during the off season has only increased my respect for this guy, REALLY looking forward to him back in the team, and not just for his skills but also for the positive passion and joy he brings to the team dynamic.

Chips quick return, the guy is unstoppable!

Trengoves impressive step towards leadership...

Mainly noticed through newspaper articles etc but been super impressed by Trenners maturity and outlook on playing footy with his mates.

And finally, two words:

The Bull

(He's not a gun, he's a friggin canon!)

GOLD

No offence, but in my mind this is just as mind-numbingly stupid a thread as any of the doom-saying threads after a bad loss...

How about an intelligent reasoned discussion about certain aspects of football and the side?

I'm not a fan of mindless doom & gloom with no direction, and I'm not a fan of blind positivity in the same vein.

That is my opinion.

How about a deal e25? We'll just assume you think every thread is pointless and stupid and not worthy of you unless you state otherwise? Surely that would be better for everyone. I'm enjoying this thread, thinking positive before heading to the G, good vibe.

Hi all,

Just a feeling that there is alot of negativity on this site and that this could be a thread where only real positive things are posted about the club, the team, the coaches etc..

I want to start by saying no matter what I love this club and I'm absolutely over the moon at the membership tally this year! I really want to see us crack that 40k!

In addition can't wait for today's game and I'm hoping that good things about today's game get posted here as acknowledgement...

Not sure if there is an appetite for this but thought why not provide an alternative!

Go Dees!!

Hard to always bump up the positives when we have been living on Gilligan's Island for the past 47 years. Roller coaster episodes of optimism and dashed hopes.

Positives have been the club leadership of Jimmy and the Debt Demolition.

The fans are responding with their wallets and buying memberships.

But nothing positive to say about the FD and the actual business of playing football.

As I have said, IMO this is not a development year anymore and be be competitive as CS suggests, we have to show genuine forward progress this year or we will be left behind yet again.

And being competitive starts with the most basic qualities being in play today and that is application, desire and commitment from the playing group. Talking down our players abilities is the weakest excuse.

If we do this for 4 quarters today it will the most positive thing to come out of the club all year.

Hi all,

Go Dees!!

We are in transition with the team.

I don't think the majority of Melbourne supporters, especially the ones who've lasted the testing of our time.

We seem to be more articulate and analyzing than some others. this, to me, we make us less accep0ting of 'Spin', and trusting our own eyes.

I just hope we can be as loud when there is things to 'CHEER', rather than things to rant over.

If you want some well-reasoned positivity, look no further than Cameron Schwab's most recent Whiteboard Wednesday. THis guy is a true professional. His latest presentation gives good reason to be positive, and to get a little control on the wild emotional roller-coaster ride we often get ourselves on as supporters.

Good stuff!

Go Dees!

That is my opinion.

Thread is all about the positives buddy and that could include positive aspects of footy discussion rather than the usual ego driven spiral to the bottom!

You almost got there by posting on the thread.

Would be nice to hear your positives from today's game?

Hard to always bump up the positives when we have been living on Gilligan's Island for the past 47 years. Roller coaster episodes of optimism and dashed hopes.

Positives have been the club leadership of Jimmy and the Debt Demolition.

The fans are responding with their wallets and buying memberships.

But nothing positive to say about the FD and the actual business of playing football.

As I have said, IMO this is not a development year anymore and be be competitive as CS suggests, we have to show genuine forward progress this year or we will be left behind yet again.

And being competitive starts with the most basic qualities being in play today and that is application, desire and commitment from the playing group. Talking down our players abilities is the weakest excuse.

If we do this for 4 quarters today it will the most positive thing to come out of the club all year.

Are you in politics mate? Great spin from what is a thread on positives?

Don't post here unless got something positive to say..we get enough of your negative soapbox every other thread.

Try harder I know you can do it!

Positives... JORDAN GYSBERTS, I have been waiting to see him out there :)

It will be interesting to see Gysberts & Scully out there together, both solid performers.

Agreed totally I thought he ran all day and didn't hesitate to get in and under the packs. For someone his wiry size he gave his all in and under. Great to see

Positives... JORDAN GYSBERTS, I have been waiting to see him out there :)

It will be interesting to see Gysberts & Scully out there together, both solid performers.

Very true.

2009 draft: Scully, Trengove, Gysberts, Tapscott. + Gawn and Fitzpatrick.

Those top 4 guys will be critical to our 2013-2016 premiership teams

Are you in politics mate? Great spin from what is a thread on positives?

Don't post here unless got something positive to say..we get enough of your negative soapbox every other thread.

Try harder I know you can do it!

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.