The Headless Coach

Jack son 5

Everyone just calm down a little, Please.

We are all calling for Dean's head.

The next 4 weeks are wins IMO.

We should beat Lions at home, and GC away. Have a nice rest then beat the Eagles over west after a 2 week break. That gives us 3 wins/1 draw and back in the eight.

If we loose two/three out of those matches, then we can go mental.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone is more disappointed by the lack of leadership (on and off field), desire, and most importantly unity today than the actual loss.

Most of us would have realistically thought we wouldn't win today, but a display like that goes against everything Bailey has preached as far as it not being about wins and losses but improvement.

I'm not calling for him to be sacked, but there SHOULD be pressure on him now (finally), and he needs to show his skills as a coach in the next few weeks because so far this year (inc. pre-season) we have not shown any improvement from last year.

We can't keep coasting, it won't just happen, DO SOMETHING Bails! Make an impact, now is the time.

The next two SHOULD be wins for anyone in this comp besides Brisbane and GC.

Bailey does not inspire

Tell me why not.

Go on tell me.

I'm just as [censored] as you are, trust me. Bailey needs to get back up in the box and not coach from the line. But is it totally his fualt, what about the players commitment in the second half?

Why?

I just don't see any evidence of the team being absolutely behind what he says. IMO.

From what I see we NEVER start a game or come out from a break with any endeavor. It takes something from within the game or team to inspire.

That to me says plenty.

Tell me why not.

Go on tell me.

I'm just as [censored] as you are, trust me. Bailey needs to get back up in the box and not coach from the line. But is it totally his fualt, what about the players commitment in the second half?

Because at 3/4 time he was calm and controlled. After 3 1/2 years the players should know the plan, so why not take the chance to rev them up? Give them a bake? Say something to get their energy and passion up... Didn't happen.

You're all expecting the world from a team that just isn't that good yet. It's all hype to help grow a brand. We are still a good 12-24 months off being a good team. Until then, we will be team's like Hawthorn little [censored].

You're all expecting the world from a team that just isn't that good yet. It's all hype to help grow a brand. We are still a good 12-24 months off being a good team. Until then, we will be team's like Hawthorn little [censored].

Not the world. Just not being someone's little [censored] would be a start.

Because at 3/4 time he was calm and controlled. After 3 1/2 years the players should know the plan, so why not take the chance to rev them up? Give them a bake? Say something to get their energy and passion up... Didn't happen.

bingo!

We get beaten by the full flood. It doesn't matter at the moment it's about getting games into players. We don't actually need a complete game plan until we're ready to challenge. By the end of next year we'll be able to see what he has in mind.

Calling for his head when we drew one game and lost a game we knew we were going to, is ridiculous.

There is no doubt he is under a lot more pressure than in previous years, and there are a few things that really irked me today.

For one our lack of ability to stem the tide when Hawthorn got on top in the third, and our inability to clear the Hawthorn forward zone.

The other really irritating thing for me and a serious tactical flaw was the use of Maric as a sub. Hawthorn had bloody Jordan Lewis as a sub, and our sub was a forward pocket who has proven little. I completely support Baily giving Maric opportunities after his great pre-season, but he is no sub material. We needed somebody who we know can make serious, immediate impact, the way Ricky did last week. It should have been Wonna given he can turn a game but isn't completely match fit yet.

Of course there is also the issue of our midfield being completely and utterly hopeless when under pressure, and the fact that we can go through entire quarters without kicking a single goal. It's all very disappointing and it's all part of the experience. Unfortunately we are not good enough through the center to compete against seasoned, mature bodies. We are very lucky that Hawthorn's kicking at goal is pathetic or we would have been murdered.

Bailey does have a lot to answer for after today, but to based his entire future on one game is seriously insane.

Calling for his head when we drew one game and lost a game we knew we were going to, is ridiculous.

There is no doubt he is under a lot more pressure than in previous years, and there are a few things that really irked me today.

For one our lack of ability to stem the tide when Hawthorn got on top in the third, and our inability to clear the Hawthorn forward zone.

The other really irritating thing for me and a serious tactical flaw was the use of Maric as a sub. Hawthorn had bloody Jordan Lewis as a sub, and our sub was a forward pocket who has proven little. I completely support Baily giving Maric opportunities after his great pre-season, but he is no sub material. We needed somebody who we know can make serious, immediate impact, the way Ricky did last week. It should have been Wonna given he can turn a game but isn't completely match fit yet.

Of course there is also the issue of our midfield being completely and utterly hopeless when under pressure, and the fact that we can go through entire quarters without kicking a single goal. It's all very disappointing and it's all part of the experience. Unfortunately we are not good enough through the center to compete against seasoned, mature bodies. We are very lucky that Hawthorn's kicking at goal is pathetic or we would have been murdered.

Bailey does have a lot to answer for after today, but to based his entire future on one game is seriously insane.

I'm sorry, but no more excuses. He has had command of this group for a long time. He should have the group at his beck and call by now. Instead, we have a continuation of the side showing so much potential but delivering nothing. The pressure is no excuse, we made Hawthorn look lethargic and play a Carlton circa-2007 style kick-to-kick at the end of the first half, that's how dominant we were.

A loss to Hawthorn where we got smashed I could deal with, even expected to an extent based on recent form. To LEAD at half time when we clearly had the upper hand, then come out into the second half and show absolutely NOTHING speaks volumes of what influence the coaching staff have upon the playing group.

Save the be-headings until we get a better look at the season. We're about where we expected to be after two games, so why complain? This is exactly what the Hawks did to us last time. We looked good until they started to bully our smaller players ad intimidated them out of the contest. It happens. Did anyone actually expect something different today?

I'll be happy to call for his head if we get to the end of the season and still look like a bunch of insipid little boys, but I don't think that will happen.

Just wait and see. If we play finals or just miss out = improving.

If we finish 11 - 17, then call for heads.

Just wait people, FFS.

Haven't you heard Bailey? It's about improving, about winning quarters... Today was not an improvement.

I agree that it's silly for people to be calling for a sacking, but there SHOULD be pressure on Bails now. Should he drop 1 or even (gasp) both of the next 2 there will start to be rumblings I'm sure.

I'm sorry, but no more excuses. He has had command of this group for a long time. He should have the group at his beck and call by now. Instead, we have a continuation of the side showing so much potential but delivering nothing. The pressure is no excuse, we made Hawthorn look lethargic and play a Carlton circa-2007 style kick-to-kick at the end of the first half, that's how dominant we were.

A loss to Hawthorn where we got smashed I could deal with, even expected to an extent based on recent form. To LEAD at half time when we clearly had the upper hand, then come out into the second half and show absolutely NOTHING speaks volumes of what influence the coaching staff have upon the playing group.

Hawthorn had 42 scoring shots to our 17. Be honest mate we were in that game at half time because The Demons kicked straight when we did go forward & the dawks were just spraying it all game.

If we had managed another 2 goals in the second Q then the 2nd half may have been different.

Hawthorns Midfield & Tall forward line was just too much for us.

We need to get stronger & i also hope we can get some taller players in both the back line & forward line, in time.

Our backline got bombarded, not an excuse-But Hawthorn are a Big Tough side.

It is where we must aim for....

Tell me why not.

Go on tell me.

A good coach should inspire and get the best out of his team. After three and a bit years, there is nothing that suggests to me that Bailey is a senior coach. Totally outcoached in the second half.

Hawthorn had 42 scoring shots to our 17. Be honest mate we were in that game at half time because The Demons kicked straight when we did go forward & the dawks were just spraying it all game.

If we had managed another 2 goals in the second Q then the 2nd half may have been different.

Hawthorns Midfield & Tall forward line was just too much for us.

We need to get stronger & i also hope we can get some taller players in both the back line & forward line, in time.

Our backline got bombarded, not an excuse-But Hawthorn are a Big Tough side.

It is where we must aim for....

Hawthorn had 20 scoring shots in a QUARTER. Not because they were bigger and tougher, but because we were USELESS. Noone was leading to the kick-ins, the crumbing was terrible, there was no support around the ball. Time and time again Melbourne HAD THE BALL yet it travelled in the WRONG direction.

We're talking players that have a few years in the system now in many cases, and in particular senior players. The best player on the ground was Tapscott which is hugely telling about the way Melbourne played.

We can keep making excuses or we can start demanding results. Bailey has been in charge for three years, it's time for the latter.

The most disappointing thing is the lack of apparent game plan. There is no real obvious system to the way the team plays or to deal with opposition structures, some of which, like the press, is a very common game plan.

I don't think that Bailey is on his own. Our forward line is starved of opportunities and this is a direct result of our midfield who is coached by Scott West.

From my POV, there is a lack of passion. The team needs a coach that inspires players and encourages a sense of belief in a game plan. Melbourne is in need of a coach that has been successful in the past and that the players will have faith in, not only for their past achievements, but for their crystal clear vision.

Bailey will now come under scrutiny and rightly so. Potential is a wonderful thing to get sucked into however potential needs to be delivered. MFC needs a Mick Malthouse or Paul Roos to unlock the potential and inspire.

Let me get this straight. You could deal with it better if we were not leading at half time?