More and more Fev trouble

Je Roos Salem

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not put this major issue in areas or factors. Like life itself everything is intergrated and interrelated.There is no doubt as many has said including Andrew Demetrio that football is a major factor to Fev's possible recovery. He has so much time on his hands and misses the structure needed to assist him. However no doubt he needs people such as the overall football community , his family and friends as support. Carlton dumped him, so has Brisbane for causes known. I think, and many including you don't think that I see him as being a possible asset for us. If indeed he did get back to playing football (Casey in the first instance and then possibly the MFC and succeeds ,we will get great kudos. I believe Jim Stynes, Don McLardy and the infrastructure at Reach could be a savings grace for him as a human being. He loves older people and young ones.This could even end up his vocation similar to The Ox after what he went through. I also believe the OX will make contact with him on his return from the States to offer assistance. And many other AFL personnel will do the same.So I do not rate factors in what I deem as critical to him at this time.Furthermore,I think it is an absolute disgrace,especially after 66 days in a clinic, to return to Melbourne without a minder is damning on his management and to a small degree the AFL knowing that they knew the seriousness of this man's state of mind. Lastly, we are dealing with a person whom has slashed his wrist. Whether it was geniune or a cry for help or attention, we will never know. However, all of us in the football community should not turn our back and say-Fevola you are a naughty boy, you have stuffed up your life - stiff.

The bottom line is Fev needs to take responsibility for his actions and his life. Its not up to football clubs to become quasi rehab centres. There are special organisations around to deal with people with Fev. He needs to take advantage of these services away from football and take control of his own life. If he is indeed unable to do this he may need to considered some form of institutional care and supervision for own good. AFL owns him nothing. He has had more financial benefits and fresh starts than his output has deserved.

He needs to find a purpose in life where for the past 13 years football has been an unforgiving platform for some with so much talent but has been so destructive both personally and to people around him.

The bottom line is Fev needs to take responsibility for his actions and his life. Its not up to football clubs to become quasi rehab centres. There are special organisations around to deal with people with Fev. He needs to take advantage of these services away from football and take control of his own life. If he is indeed unable to do this he may need to considered some form of institutional care and supervision for own good. AFL owns him nothing. He has had more financial benefits and fresh starts than his output has deserved.

He needs to find a purpose in life where for the past 13 years football has been an unforgiving platform for some with so much talent but has been so destructive both personally and to people around him.

RR- I agree with your ppoints in principal however the last 13 yeard of his life has been football.I also agree that he has to take accountability and responsibility in which I believe he is showing that in regards to Hutch's interview where h blamed himself.I didn't hear him blame any other source.However,he still has got a long way to go for complete responsibity. In the meantime(similar to Cousins ,he should and will be dependant on the AFL resources to assist him to regain health.All players and ex players can obtain this type of help.I believe even Nixon could gain assistance if he required it.

I have/had a mate, who I recently found, past away 6 Months ago. I went to visit his grave to say good bye.

We fell out, after I took him in & tried to help, and he cheated many times, smoking in the house & getting blind, to often. I found him unconscious face up on his bed, eyes wide open, one night, he was celebrating the new job I helped him get. The next day, I told him to go .

Now a few years later, he's gone, past.... After drinking too much and taking an assortment of prescription medications.

The GP told me he went on the wagon for a short time, this must have been the time he tried to make good. He went back to the old ways, (gave up) because he had No one who would accept him & understand him. Not his ex wife nor his girls. Nor his brothers.

His mother left the family of 4 baby brothers, when my friend was 15 months old, & his alcoholic Father & Uncles brought the family up in an alcoholic world. But brought them up they did. Good but flawed, & loving people.

He's now buried on top of his father.

It's just bloody tragic!

All that was said was that he was paid $30,000. There was no nexus that he had that money at Crown.

How dare Channel 9 pay anyone for interview?? Fev is responsible for his own actions and he is making poor decisions.

Indeed.

At best his actions are a cry for help. I dont think anyone guru or not can help Fev when the man does seem to be able to help himself. It does seem like a desperate act though to be seen at Crown all things considered.As someone else pointed out there are more discrete locations to flutter.

I hope you read today's sun with reference to Jimmy and Fev.

Proved nothing beyond a bit of spin to launch another Reach program. Savvy media that all.

You are cynical.

Edited by jayceebee31

He shouldn't be around our young players.

Jim Stynes like me- believes he should be around young people.Even Reach have welcomed him to them at this stage.

Jim Stynes like me- believes he should be around young people.Even Reach have welcomed him to them at this stage.

Yeah, he's gonna make him a counsellor...

Jim is just trying to make the best of a difficult situation, and also putting the pressure of not disappointing Jim Stynes on to this idiots shoulders.

Jim is just trying to make the best of a difficult situation, and also putting the pressure of not disappointing Jim Stynes on to this idiots shoulders.

Smart move by Stynes.Put pressure on him to rehabilitate and contribute to charity work. Fev will run a mile.

You are cynical.

No just a realist that deals in the facts of the matter.

Exactly right. Cant believe people cant see this.

It seems all you have to say these days is .. "I take full responsibility" or "I'm fully to blame" .. and that somehow grants you a reprieve and immunity from the consequences of your actions.

Fev will change when he runs out of money and favours and has no choice but to.

Edited by Range Rover

It seems all you have to say these days is .. "I take full responsibility" or "I'm fully to blame" .. and that somehow grants you a reprieve and immunity from the consequences of your actions.

Fev will change when he runs out of money and favours and has no choice but to.

I dont think Fev has taken responsibility at all and he certainly has not been given any reprieve.

Fev may never change at all despite the outcomes of his actions.

Heard this second hand, but apparently a guy rang up SEN this morning to report that he walked in to Berwick Pub this morning, and who should be sitting playing the pokies?

Just reported on The Age website too, so consider it a confirmed story.

Its time for the AFL to step in and help him.

If he is to play footy at any level there needs to be a program to sort out his addictions and to keep him occupied.

Edited by Robbie57

Its time for the AFL to step in and help him.

If he is to play footy at any level there needs to be a program to sort out his addictions and to keep him occupied.

What is the AFLPA doing? They have a bunch of programs to help retired players, anyone know if they're doing anything for Fev?

Heard this second hand, but apparently a guy rang up SEN this morning to report that he walked in to Berwick Pub this morning, and who should be sitting playing the pokies?

Playing Pokies?/?

Thats nothing near the end of the world.

The guy needs to get his kife back together & on track. Start back at football, start burning excess energy, and start some sort of time consuming commitment that helps him and hopefully, others.

Volunteering, or paid work.

It's amazing that someone who is trying to sort their life, & slowly get back into a healthy lifestyle, that people all over the place have nothing better to do, than deliberately try to damage him.

Of course he's going to do these things to pass time, until he finds things that inspire him to spend his time differently. Thats natural.

Whats not natural is these bloodhounds, sniffing around, trying to upend someone, who's done nothing to them.

Edited by dee-luded

Playing Pokies?/?

The guy needs to get his kife back together & on track. Start back at football, start burning excess energy, and start some sort of time consuming commitment that helps him and hopefully, others.

It's amazing that someone who is trying to sort their life, & slowly get back into a healthy lifestyle, that people all over the place have nothing better to do, than deliberately try to damage him.

Of course he's going to do these things to pass time, until he finds things that inspire him to spend his time differently. Thats natural.

Whats not natural is these bloodhounds, sniffing around, trying to upend someone, who's done nothing to them.

Agree with you about him being hounded, really feel for the bloke... But the rest of your post is a bit ordinary, you really think playing pokies is the best way for a gambling addict to "pass the time"?! And yeah it's not the end of the world, but it's a step in the wrong direction.

Playing Pokies?/?

You are kidding DL i hope. Fev going to the pokies first thing in the morning aint never going to "fix" his problem-That's the whole point.

The Ox was on KB's show this morning talking about it....i hope it is made into a podcast for all to hear.

MFC should sling Frankston $50K via a 3rd party to bolster his offer there.

Surely we have a dedicated supporter who has recently moved into the area who is "very keen to see the Dolphins prosper" and could go middleman?

Edited by old55