More and more Fev trouble

Je Roos Salem

You are kidding DL i hope. Fev going to the pokies first thing in the morning aint never going to "fix" his problem-That's the whole point.

The Ox was on KB's show this morning talking about it....i hope it is made into a podcast for all to hear.

No your right, it won't fix his issues. But we need to realise, it's going to take some time, and he's continually been put under press pressure. IMO, he's persona is going to try to find ways to 'Shut off'. Eescape his worries.

I think this will continue till he finds ways and belief in the help he gets. IMO, when he gets help & it starts to 'Make sense to him', (understand how things have happened & how they have impacted his life), then I'm sure he'll work diligently at his recovery.

He needs time to work through, with good help, these issues. He will still be in quite a bit of denial. That doesn't vanish overnight, and won't, until he finds a way that he can have total faith/trust in, to elleviate him of his pain. He's medicating himself with things. Gambling, and was drinking.

This is going to take time, but he needs to keep the remaining threads of his life together, or it all could collapse badly.

The press should leave him alone. Did you see the disgrace on the footy show last night?? Having a go at his brother,,, no less, suggesting a crude & hurtful insinuation on Fev's family member.

Edited by dee-luded

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press should leave him alone. Dis you see the disgrace on the footy show last night?? Having a go at his brother,,, no less, suggesting a crude & hurtful insinuation on Fev's family member.

He just got paid 5 figures to do an exclusive on TFS that his management advised him against!!!

He just got paid 5 figures to do an exclusive on TFS that his management advised him against!!!

That's not what I was taling about. But he would have been better of Not doing that interview. Could you not see, that he was hoping people would understand him, after he 'opened up'.... and then miraculously, respect him & leave him alone to work things out.

That is part of Fev's weakness & is a strength as well. Unfortunately, some people exploit others naive honesty.

The press are persuing him, like the paparazzi.

How, can he relax enough to see clearly, with all this negativeness and hostility? he's ina black hole where he can't make sense of things. He went away to escape. he returned and didn't answer repoters questions, then they make a snide comment @ his brother????

What next?

That's not what I was taling about. But he would have been better of Not doing that interview. Could you not see, that he was hoping people would understand him, after he 'opened up'.... and then miraculously, respect him & leave him alone to work things out.

That is part of Fev's weakness & is a strength as well. Unfortunately, some people exploit others naive honesty.

How, can he relax enough to see clearly, with all this negativeness and hostility? he's ina black hole where he can't make sense of things. He went away to escape. he returned and didn't answer repoters questions, then they make a snide comment @ his brother????

What next?

I totally agree with alot of what you're saying, but the one thing I'd like to point out is that it was a member of the public that spotted him, no press were there or following him, and looking at it in another light it may help him to have this accountability that comes from recognition, he has been asked to leave at least 2 gambling venues now after being recognized, that's one "advantage" that he would have over most problem gamblers.

I totally agree with alot of what you're saying, but the one thing I'd like to point out is that it was a member of the public that spotted him, no press were there or following him, and looking at it in another light it may help him to have this accountability that comes from recognition, he has been asked to leave at least 2 gambling venues now after being recognized, that's one "advantage" that he would have over most problem gamblers.

I know it was a member of the public. The press are members of the public as well. Where does human decency begin and end?

The press don't have to run a story. Where, & when, does decency start?

The public is hooked on "Gossip'. The thing to keep this above moral levels is to do things for the good. Not aimed to hurt someone. = decency / morals.

Edited by dee-luded

I know it was a member of the public. The press are members of the public as well. Where does human decency begin and end?

The public is hooked on "Gossip'. The thing to keep this above moral levels is to do things for the good. Not aimed to hurt someone. = decency / morals.

Then you can treat it as a good morals story that a pokie venue would ask a problem gambler to leave rather than take their money.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

There is a saying in a AA:

"If you haven't hurt enough to stop drinking then maybe you need to hurt some more". I daresay the Gamblers Anon has the same sort of saying.

Fev just needs to hurt some more before he wakes up and I really hope that is sooner rather than later.

What next?

He's been happy to take press attention and $s for many years and continues to do so and yet you suggest they should leave him alone?

You see naive honesty - I see an irresponsible jerk.

Maybe there's no bar for your sympathy, mine has one and Fev is below it.

What next? Well that's up to Fev.

I blame myself for being stupid enough to even think twice about him.

dee luded "the press" are a law unto themselves.

Nowadays there are TV, radio ( stations just for sport) Pay TV, the internet and of course News papers all need material in large volumes to fill there "space"

Do not expect anything the likes of "decency" that vanished a long time ago.

Every story is a must have no matter how small or in the "public interest" it might be, they alone decide what is in "the public Interest".

Fev is a story that fills time / space and his every movement will be reported.

It will not matter how that reporting effects Fev.

Just look at What "TFC" did to Fev, they knew he would get full of ink at the Brownlow and give them a "good " story.

Then when it all blew up the threw him to the wolves.

Nice lot all considered!!!

Edited by old dee

Wonder if the 'penny' has dropped at casey yet??? Little chance it will with Fev!

MFC and our young guys dont need this distraction!

Perhaps we could donate to a "Fev to Frankston" appeal. We'd give $200

Wonder if the 'penny' has dropped at casey yet??? Little chance it will with Fev!

MFC and our young guys dont need this distraction!

Perhaps we could donate to a "Fev to Frankston" appeal. We'd give $200

Just hope Casey keep a close eye on the raffles, looks like Fev has been hitting a few meat trays...

You are kidding DL i hope. Fev going to the pokies first thing in the morning aint never going to "fix" his problem-That's the whole point.

The Ox was on KB's show this morning talking about it....i hope it is made into a podcast for all to hear.

Ox said he had set up 2 meetings with Fevola to talk, assist, offer advice. Both times Fevola did not turn up...

As Ox also said Fevola knows he is a figure head, he is known, he will be seen and commented on most places he goes let alone a pokies venue but his 'addiction' still drives him to go to a pokies venue.

Football should be a perihperal idea to getting his life back on track. The only problem with that is football seems to be all he knows, it is his job providing his income. He has no other outlet to channel his energy and mind.

Don't know how it will end but it is not pretty to see unfolding.

Brad Gotch, coach of the Scorps was on SEN this morning talking to KB in what ironically probably would have been the identical time Fev was pulling the stick up and down in his hoodie.

Anyway Gotch was mentioning how well he was progressing ladididida.

I want to believe in the guy and although I can not relate to his problems, i get frustrated with so many people trying to help him and him appearing to push them away and doing his own thing.

When you are wearing a hoodie to hide yourself, you're thinking about what your doing.

Sadly, i bid farewell to Fev.

He's been happy to take press attention and $s for many years and continues to do so and yet you suggest they should leave him alone?

You see naive honesty - I see an irresponsible jerk.

Maybe there's no bar for your sympathy, mine has one and Fev is below it.

What next? Well that's up to Fev.

I blame myself for being stupid enough to even think twice about him.

Well then, why comment on this thread, if you have no hope of something consrtuctive to add? Wouldn't it be better then to just leave those youv'e given up on, to their misery, instead of adding to it?

That's what I'm saying, is that those who don't want to be a part of the resolutuion to his ailments, Could just step back, and choose themselves, to Not be adding to his worries. To be constructive, rather than destructive.

Well then, why comment on this thread, if you have no hope of something consrtuctive to add? Wouldn't it be better then to just leave those youv'e given up on, to their misery, instead of adding to it?

That's what I'm saying, is that those who don't want to be a part of the resolutuion to his ailments, Could just step back, and choose themselves, to Not be adding to his worries. To be constructive, rather than destructive.

Fev is the only one adding to Fev's woes. As the Ox said the morning...Fev would well know the media would find out he was pulling pokies early in the morning.

A. He is still in total denial.... Being in rehab is the easy part, Leaving rehab is when the journey begins, as it is then nobody holds your hand anymore.

B. He likes the Media attention deep down, it gives him power. If i go in there-Tomorrow i will be on the back page of the HUN.

i hope Casey wake up very soon.

The only reason he's on my radar at all is he is a negative impact on the Demons. I'd like us to be NO part of the resolution.

Because he is interacting with our club.

That makes us uniquely entitled to pass judgement.

He doesn't need football.

At the minute, the money he has got from footy is funding his habit, he has no will power nor, seemingly, any desire to change his ways.

As Jim said, he cannot fathom the consequences of his actions and therefore, cannot see the extent to which he needs help.

He is an idiot, who needs to resurrect his life but getting out of the public sphere, get some help, and LISTEN to those who are trying to help him.

The only reason he's on my radar at all is he is a negative impact on the Demons. I'd like us to be NO part of the resolution.

So your attacking him personally, because of a perception that he may, (or may not be) a distraction to our Casey players? Thats the distraction itself, that the people are feeding.

If he was to be left to relax and get on with his rehab without this pressure, he would be more likely to seetle down and find some centredness & focus. As it is, all he's getting is attacked. This WILL undermine his therapy.

If this is what we have to become, to protect our kids, by attacking vulnerable people. Then I'm following the wrong passtime.

I don't understand How people can attack a decent but lost Soul, then have compassion & respect for a Drug oriented egotistical & exploitative individual. To me it doesn't make sense.

What strikes me about Fev is footy is probably the only thing he has ever been good at. He never had anything else to fall back on. So now when he isnt training he doesnt know what to do with himself.

But hearing fev say I have only had a problem with the horses not pokies or poker why doesnt anyone get that is a worry. He went to the atm took out $50 and lost it straight away on the pokies. He said on the footy show 2 weeks ago he was broke and he was living off Alex's DWTS money. Im tipping she probably isnt happy to know his money is going straight from the atm into the pokies. But I guess he can thank the footy show for the cash to waste on the slots.

I know Ox's problem to was the horses but even he knows not to go to the pokies. Everytime Fev is seen near gambling places the mesia will be right onto it.

He obviously needs a hobby and fast.

What strikes me about Fev is footy is probably the only thing he has ever been good at. He never had anything else to fall back on. So now when he isnt training he doesnt know what to do with himself.

But hearing fev say I have only had a problem with the horses not pokies or poker why doesnt anyone get that is a worry. He went to the atm took out $50 and lost it straight away on the pokies. He said on the footy show 2 weeks ago he was broke and he was living off Alex's DWTS money. Im tipping she probably isnt happy to know his money is going straight from the atm into the pokies. But I guess he can thank the footy show for the cash to waste on the slots.

I know Ox's problem to was the horses but even he knows not to go to the pokies. Everytime Fev is seen near gambling places the mesia will be right onto it.

mesia

Oops. Maybe your right.

Edited by dee-luded

So your attacking him personally, because of a perception that he may, (or may not be) a distraction to our Casey players? Thats the distraction itself, that the people are feeding.

If he was to be left to relax and get on with his rehab without this pressure, he would be more likely to seetle down and find some centredness & focus. As it is, all he's getting is attacked. This WILL undermine his therapy.

If this is what we have to become, to protect our kids, by attacking vulnerable people. Then I'm following the wrong passtime.

I don't understand How people can attack a decent but lost Soul, then have compassion & respect for a Drug oriented egotistical & exploitative individual. To me it doesn't make sense.

Agree it doesn't and you are deluded B) . No one is personally attacking Fev. FFS, the only person doing that is Fev himself. Fev has had every opportunity to relax post rehab but has chosen (himself) to appear on TV, undertake contract negotiations without integrity, disappear on overseas jaunts,ignored his advisers advice, skipped training and appear more than once at gambling venues..

Fevola is responsible for Fevola and is to blame for the circus that is Fevola. While on his coal cart downward Fev has not worked it out.

There has been no protection of Nixon at all. Both Fev and Nixon are sad cases. One is on a self destruct path while the other has to deal with the fallout. Both have careers that are shot and they are in disgrace for it.

I would want neither having any involvement with MFC. And posters are allowed to pass judgement on how they view the influence of Fev on MFC players

Football has been a platform and financial arm for Fev's excess. The big joke is that now he hasnt and doesnt go to training. Fev's choice

He already has a couple of hobbies which he is right into atm. B)