Robbo's Malthouse Mischief

btdemon

The thing that I'm suggesting WYL,,,, Is, why Robbo felt the need, at this time of the season, the same day that we had our family day, to think & make something as obvious as a coaching & football dept', review,,, public. When we'd have a review every year prior to the end of the season anyway.

I think his comments to the Media, is more self indulgence, from Robbo.

If he wants to do this stuff, then he can, as an supporter through the social media of forums ot Twitter... actually, maybe Twitter is more appropriate for Robbo.

I'm surprised he didn't make up a ballad, to the tune of, 'The Gypsy Rover'.

The journalist would have asked him about Saturdays Practise Match, part of his answer would have been the Malthouse sentence.

Hypothetically if Bail is relieved, can MFC afford to pay the salary Malthouse would command?

I highly doubt that would be the case.

I'd just be happy with an actual defensive coach that has some experience in defence!

AGREE !!

The journalist would have asked him about Saturdays Practise Match, part of his answer would have been the Malthouse sentence.

I think we can do without past players, saying things like this, pre season, to the Media.

It not good for the club.

I think we can do without past players, saying things like this, pre season, to the Media.

I think it is a piece of fluff however you are right about the timing and I would think if they asked a smarter man the question - "with malthouse coming out of contract do you think Melbourne should look at him at seasons end" wouldn't you just answer "why on earth are you asking that ? There is so much hype about having assembled the best young list in the comp. The club has removed its debt and is moving forward both on and off the field. Dean Bailey showed last year that he is moving this team forward and I expect him to be coaching a finals team this year".

Now, what he thinks privately is a different matter and come round 20 people may be saying we should be talking to Malthouse ( not me !) but for now why would you be feeding papers such speculative nonsense before a ball has even been bounced ?

I am a big Robbo fan but he was going for the speccy on this one without thinking.

Edited by nutbean

Guest DeesPower

Robbo is stating the bleeding obvious. If we finished less than in the 8 this year then it is not a pass. Malthouse has made no secret of his admiration for the MFC, and if we had a serious stumble this year then of course we would look at it.

It has not been an encouraging start.

I don't think it worries the club at all. It is a fair assessment.

At the end of 2011 possibly a back to back premiership coach may become available to this club

If our present coach is not responding then we must look at the option..

That does not destabilize the club at all.

Guest DeesPower

Hypothetically if Bail is relieved, can MFC afford to pay the salary Malthouse would command?

I'd just be happy with an actual defensive coach that has some experience in defence!

Does anyone seriously believe that all the assistant coaches are not picked by the senior coach!

I agree with Demon Hill - i wonder whether we have the technical expertise to go to the next stage sometimes.

The number of people on here who seem awfully relaxed about the last two performances frankly amazes me. The defence is a huge hole, as is a field kicking - it is as though we have not advanced since 2008.

I very much hope i'm wrong, but to me it all the wrong signs even if it were our "seconds". Mind you the young ones weren't the problem - it was the senior players in defence and on-ball.

Malthouse has made no secret of his admiration for the MFC,

Huh , when ?

Has constantly clipped us for not trying except on QB against the Pies .

I don't know about anyone else but this really bugs me. I loved Robbo as a player but think that he sometimes put his own glory before the team. In his early days he was only interested in the speccy and goals. He then matured matured and put real effort into chasing and tackling and became a really good footballer. That's what makes this so disappointing.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/have-a-look-at-mick-malthouse/story-e6frf9jf-1226016759670

I may be wrong but this smacks of the churlishness of someone who was told by bailey that his time was up. I watched a replay of his last game recently and I agree with Bailey. This sort of thing is dog whistling and only seeks to destablise.

Robbo came out after his retirement and accused the Dees of tanking and now he makes this comment. Answer to an innocent question or not, he must know this could have been a potential headline.

In my opinion he is not a true Melbourne F C person for doing this sort of rubbish that does not help our cause. Many of us have paid part of his wage and all he is showing now is some last self serving piece of fame.

He means as much now to the demons as Cameron Bruce. Both have shown their limited loyalty whilst sitting on substantial pay packets throughout their careers, even when their performance was not up to scratch.

At least we don’t have Bruce and Robbo to talk us up as premiership material after we win 2 games in a row.

Uproar over nothing. Players, past or present, are entitled to their opinions and I can't even see anything wrong with what he said. Attacking Robbo on a personal level because you are so strongly opposed to the possibility of there being another coach in the near distant future is ridiculous.

Can't believe all the turncoats on here carrying on about Robbo being a traitor!!

5 years ago you were screaming his name in ecstasy, egging him on to take the big grab! Now, conveniently, you call him selfish for doing exactly what you hoped he would!

Then you say he shoudln't make any comments about the club that poured his own blood, sweat & tears into for over a decade. After countless operations & injuries, he obviously hasn't earnt the right?

What a load of crap from the lot of you. The guy is a legend of the club and deserves to have his say after everything he's given us. He didn't even say anything unreasonable. He said if we go backwards and Mick was available, the club would be doing it's MEMEBERS (that's you guys) a dis-service not to talk with him. Then he goes on to say that he doesn't expect that to be the case because there is a lot of improvement in the group.

Can all those idiots in the cheap seat please sit down and be quiet. I'd like to hear from the man who stood up for the club for over a decade, provided me with hundreds of glorious highlights, threw his body where angels feared to tread, (all to thrill those idiots in the cheap seats) I think he's earned the right.

I think it is a piece of fluff however you are right about the timing and I would think if they asked a smarter man the question - "with malthouse coming out of contract do you think Melbourne should look at him at seasons end" wouldn't you just answer "why on earth are you asking that ? There is so much hype about having assembled the best young list in the comp. The club has removed its debt and is moving forward both on and off the field. Dean Bailey showed last year that he is moving this team forward and I expect him to be coaching a finals team this year".

Now, what he thinks privately is a different matter and come round 20 people may be saying we should be talking to Malthouse ( not me !) but for now why would you be feeding papers such speculative nonsense before a ball has even been bounced ?

I am a big Robbo fan but he was going for the speccy on this one without thinking.

In a nutshell Nutbean. Spot on. Its like when deputy leaders are asked if they rule out challenging for the top job. Its what you don't say that's important.

Edited by btdemon

The guy is a legend of the club and deserves to have his say after everything he's given us. He didn't even say anything unreasonable. He said if we go backwards and Mick was available, the club would be doing it's MEMEBERS (that's you guys) a dis-service not to talk with him. Then he goes on to say that he doesn't expect that to be the case because there is a lot of improvement in the group.

Hear hear.

So I guess someone has already made their mind up on Brian Royal...

Let's give him a chance, and our starting back 6, hey?

Guest DeesPower

Huh , when ?

Has constantly clipped us for not trying except on QB against the Pies .

Try looking at his press conferences. after the two games against us last year. He could not have been (for an opposition coach) more complimentary about our young team. He also realizes that the Demons are one of the few teams that can match it with the Pies at the moment

• 5 months later...