Tom Scully and the media

Guest 36DD

Guest 36DD

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Journalists are paid by papers to boost circulation so they can charge more for advertisements.

Stories like Tom Scully heading to GWS boost circulation in the same manner in which reporting on Bikies boost circulation of the Daily Telegraph.

Journalist seldom report the facts, Shehan and Hutchy are great exponents of this whilst others merely rehash press release for companies.

Lets not buy into any of this crap, we dont know anything, he may sign, he may not....but for F%^k sake leave the kid alone and lets enjoy the 2011 season.

For those of you who swallow everything that the media throws our way please click on the link or try and view the documentary Starsuckers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starsuckers

Guest 36DD

Thanks but I'm ok.

Appreciate the two new threads you have just started so we can all leave this alone :wacko:

All part of my community service, I like to help out the gullible from time to time

Everyone keeps blaming the "media", and there is no doubt some commentators and personalities have inflamed the situation.

However, to me, this story illustrate how the non-mainstream media ... the chatrooms, discussion boards, Facebook and Tweets ... can develop or concoct a rumour, fan the flames, and spread Chinese whispers much more easily and more rapidly than conventional channels. Throw in the speculators, rumour mongers, inflamers, pessimists and anyone else with an agenda and away it goes. And it is much harder to dispell or contradict.

I am nowhere near convinced the rumours started in the press-rooms of the Age, Herald Sun or any other organisation, or from "inside information" to any journalist.

To be quite honest, I think part of this has been the workings of people within Melbourne, generating interest and discussion around the club. All part of building a brand. Once we sign him (and we will), we will look like a club that was more appealing than any amount of money.

To be quite honest, I think part of this has been the workings of people within Melbourne, generating interest and discussion around the club. All part of building a brand. Once we sign him (and we will), we will look like a club that was more appealing than any amount of money.

I forgot to add conspiracy theorists to my list.

Guest 36DD

Everyone keeps blaming the "media", and there is no doubt some commentators and personalities have inflamed the situation.

However, to me, this story illustrate how the non-mainstream media ... the chatrooms, discussion boards, Facebook and Tweets ... can develop or concoct a rumour, fan the flames, and spread Chinese whispers much more easily and more rapidly than conventional channels. Throw in the speculators, rumour mongers, inflamers, pessimists and anyone else with an agenda and away it goes. And it is much harder to dispell or contradict.

I am nowhere near convinced the rumours started in the press-rooms of the Age, Herald Sun or any other organisation, or from "inside information" to any journalist.

Then it is inherent on said media organisations to substantiate rumour, innuendo and heresay with the relevant parties. Having worked in the industry journalists are up there with snake oil salesman.

Isn't it amusing watch Sheahan back pedal now whilst trying to act like his information was from credible sources.

Then it is inherent on said media organisations to substantiate rumour, innuendo and heresay with the relevant parties. Having worked in the industry journalists are up there with snake oil salesman.

Isn't it amusing watch Sheahan back pedal now whilst trying to act like his information was from credible sources.

It probably was, but I guess Gubby Allan hasn't changed much in 17 years.

That is where the snake oil is really sold.

And the journos don't buy the oil because they're hungry. They buy the oil because they don't know the difference.

(That's a mangled quote from The American President. Don't know if it works...)

<iframe src ="http://video.heraldsun.com.au/embed/1828161081/Scully-a-Demon-for-life?player=narrow" width="330" height="330" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no"><p><a href="http://video.heraldsun.com.au/1828161081/Scully-a-Demon-for-life">VIDEO: Scully a Demon for life</a></p></iframe>

Sheahan has had a change of heart, despite his so called impeccable source.

Edited by Samsara

<iframe src ="http://video.heraldsun.com.au/embed/1828161081/Scully-a-Demon-for-life?player=narrow" width="330" height="330" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no"><p><a href="http://video.heraldsun.com.au/1828161081/Scully-a-Demon-for-life">VIDEO: Scully a Demon for life</a></p></iframe>

Sheahan has had a change of heart, despite his so called impeccable source.

Maybe the next time he listens so intently to people with a clear intent, he should ask himself - "Qui Bono?"

Who benefits?

"The jungle drums are beating heavily that Tom Scully has already signed with GWS... It's a done deal. My source is impeccable etc"

Eddie McGuire, if he ever had any at all, now has less than zero credibility. The extent to which he was prepared to lie and spread rumour about this shows just how worried he is about

Swan and Pendlebury flying the coup at Filthland.

Guest 36DD

Maybe the next time he listens so intently to people with a clear intent, he should ask himself - "Qui Bono?"

Who benefits?

Sheahan is a sycophant and a parasite on the game, a simple non entity, he would not question any info he gets, he is just happy to think that he is an important part of the game whilst mixing with the "powerbrokers" adds to his delusions.

Sheahan is a sycophant and a parasite on the game, a simple non entity, he would not question any info he gets, he is just happy to think that he is an important part of the game whilst mixing with the "powerbrokers" adds to his delusions.

That is a little unfair. I would rate him as one of the best of an awful lot but, he can get swept away when inside 'knowledge' is given to him.

I always thought the press would be used by GWS to 'stir things up' and here we are. We have been used as well.

the way he questioned Scully clearly sounded to me like he was calling him a liar

the bloke is supposed to be a Melbourne supporter FCS

parasite is right

Guest 36DD

the way he questioned Scully clearly sounded to me like he was calling him a liar

parasite is right

Yep, and we are now fortunate enuff to have mike believe that Scully will now stay, hallelujah

parasite is right

And yet, if that question wasn't asked, we would have ADC come on here and say that Tom was equivocating and that his dad or agent signed the deal and have posters believe it.

I assume, before he calls up his source and tells him to get 'farked' he wants to be sure.

And yet, if that question wasn't asked, we would have ADC come on here and say that Tom was equivocating and that his dad or agent signed the deal and have posters believe it.

I assume, before he calls up his source and tells him to get 'farked' he wants to be sure.

No doubt. Before 100-200 of his golf buddy's be ringing him to tell him the same. As for Akka dakka you will have to wait for a little while.

I just watched on the HS website a clip of Sheahan and Anderson talking about the presser and Sheahan was straight down the middle - he said up until 24 hours I believed that TS had committed to GWS and after the presser he believes from what he heard that he will stay.

Whilst it is annoying that journo's fly with what the hear ( and it appears that Sheahan has been fed misinformation) At least I can give him a tick for his approach - "I heard one thing from my sources - and now after hearing from the horses mouth I have changed my mind on what will happen".

Sheahan is no different to any other journo's - paid to sell papers - and like all of us are subject to receiving truths, half truths and outright fabrications.It would be fantastic if journo's only published fact but that is just not reality and we, the readers, sometimes have trouble discerning their facts from their fiction.

What will be interesting to see if Eddie takes the Sheahan approach - Eddie is not known from being turned on any position he stands on.

It's quite unbelievable that a 19 year old could handle himself in the manner of maturity,professionalism and respect for himself and our club. A total credit to himself and his family.

Mike Sheahan speaks after Tom Scully

I have to highlight one thing here...Tom stood there by himself in front of all those vultures & said he wants to be a one club man..that takes courage...if he was lying his body language would have shown him up.

He stood Firm...Tom Scully is a natural leader and possibly our next Captain.

Tom 31 Scully.

And now... the media have gone from the extreme of "Scully has signed to GWS and is gone" to one seemingly that he will definitely "remain a Demon": I haven't soken to GWS: Melbourne star Tom Scully

First sentence: "MELBOURNE young gun Tom Scully says Greater Western Sydney has not approached him or his management and that he wants to remain a Melbourne player."

NOTHING IS CONCRETE, HAS BEEN CONCRETE, OR WILL BE CONCRETE UNTIL HE SIGNS A DAMN CONTRACT!!

Scullz came out today to hose down the rumours and give his side of the story on where he is at and what he is thinking - which SEEMS to be leaning in the direction of a future at Melbourne.

Edited by DeezMan

NOTHING IS CONCRETE, HAS BEEN CONCRETE, OR WILL BE CONCRETE UNTIL HE SIGNS A DAMN CONTRACT!!

Scullz came out today to hose down the rumours and give his side of the story on where he is at and what he is thinking - which SEEMS to be leaning in the direction of a future at Melbourne.

The kids all class .

I'll take him at his word .

The kids all class .

I'll take him at his word .

"I'd love to say at the end of my career that I was a one-club player"... well SIGN NOW TOM and the pressure is off you !!!

"I'd love to say at the end of my career that I was a one-club player"... well SIGN NOW TOM and the pressure is off you !!!

It aint that easy...his true worth will be known at the end of his FIRST contract, then he will sign.