Colin Garland

rpfc

Well?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"By Key Position Back do you mean HBF, BP, or defensive utility?"

Or he might mean Key Position Back...

I would say defensive utility who CAN play KPB

He can play on tall or small. I'm not really going to label him a pure KPB. Just as I wouldn't label Jurrah a pure KPF, even though he plays FF 60%.

Garland can play on the leading type players but I would never put him on a Fraser Gehrig or Alistair Lynch because he simply would not be strong enough in grappling like one on one's.

I would love to see him play on Buddy this year, just to see how good he is.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon rpfc thats not a good or fair summary of some of the views that don't match yours. Such comments just stifle reasonable debate and show you are either not capable of appreciating subtleties in other's arguments or are running out of arguments and resorting to banal generalities

These are not my words but the words of one of those 'with views that do not match mine' that was PMd to me a few weeks ago.

Rather ironic, as I would accuse the poster that sent me that PM of your description of 'my comments.'

Garland is a good player (not A grade yet) who I hope will continue to improve/develop in 2011. I think many posters on this thread have got a little bit carried away with how good he is at this stage in his career

Whats wrong with wanting another great KPD (in the future) and having Garland in one of the other 5 back positions (assume one interchange is a defender) and being able to play KPD occassionally due to interchange/injury of KPD or neccessitated by match day matchups? In the meantime he obviously plays KPD.

There is nothing wrong with it.

And if we have the luxury of playing Garland third tall then we are doing very well, and I know Colin could thrive in such a position.

I would say defensive utility who CAN play KPB

He can play on tall or small. I'm not really going to label him a pure KPB. Just as I wouldn't label Jurrah a pure KPF, even though he plays FF 60%.

Garland can play on the leading type players but I would never put him on a Fraser Gehrig or Alistair Lynch because he simply would not be strong enough in grappling like one on one's.

I would love to see him play on Buddy this year, just to see how good he is.

I was disappointed he didn't play on him in round 20. Would have been very interesting to watch.

Players like Gehrig and Lynch were impossible to move one-on-one. Garland's strong but I think he'd get a caning going against big bodies like that.

I was disappointed he didn't play on him in round 20. Would have been very interesting to watch.

Players like Gehrig and Lynch were impossible to move one-on-one. Garland's strong but I think he'd get a caning going against big bodies like that.

Most defenders couldn't take Gehrig. Garland would do a decent job, though.

Well I am going to ask you to re read my post then come back and apologise. Let your brain take in what I said.I stated the facts are ON THE MFC WEBSITE..however I also said that at training Morton looks taller.I did not make any change to Frawley's height or did I to Garland.Why don't you read before you open up a barrage of abuse when you also are incorrect.Maybe you also should not comment till you get your facts right also.And whilst you are correct that Fevola is not taller than the 3 mentioned ,he is 15 kls heavier based on the Brisbane players statistics on there website. Therefore, height may not be everything but 15kls is alot to give away.As I have stated many times and I repeat it for you to understand, Garland is a good defender whom would make or will make a great defender playng on the right opponent. It is just my opinion his best maybe as a winger.Aren't I ALLOWED AN OPINION LIKE YOU.And lastly if height and weight is not an issue for defenders to cover tall, heavy forwards ,why don't we play Wonaeamirri there?

Aren't I allowed to have an opinion?

My opinion is that your opinion is ill-considered and you are contradicting yourself.

It's clear the specs of players listed on the MFC website are not updated regularly and therefore unreliable.

I know you like an argument, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Garland on Gherig would not be an issue like some are trying to portray.

Gherig may be stronger and be able to stand his ground, but Garland has wiry strength and would not get rag-dolled.

He's agile enough to get around and then use his excellent reach to punch the ball away.

It's a similar circumstance when he has played on Fev in recent times.

Aren't I allowed to have an opinion?

My opinion is that your opinion is ill-considered and you are contradicting yourself.

It's clear the specs of players listed on the MFC website are not updated regularly and therefore unreliable.

I know you like an argument, but this is a bit ridiculous.

I always allow and respect another posters opinion, more than you do.I have just looked up the AFL record and they state the same statistical information on the 3 players as the MFC site does. I do respect your point that they can change or they do not keep up to date. However if you went to training you can notice the size difference.It is that noticable.And if you think my arguments are a bit ridiculous, why argue with me..however I still think Garland is a fine backman whom can play anywhere on the backline- however we have players whom play in positions better than him on some match ups and I still state he would make an excellent winger.I rest my case..good bye to you.

I always allow and respect another posters opinion, more than you do.I have just looked up the AFL record and they state the same statistical information on the 3 players as the MFC site does. I do respect your point that they can change or they do not keep up to date. However if you went to training you can notice the size difference.It is that noticable.And if you think my arguments are a bit ridiculous, why argue with me..however I still think Garland is a fine backman whom can play anywhere on the backline- however we have players whom play in positions better than him on some match ups and I still state he would make an excellent winger.I rest my case..good bye to you.

this is the point i was making earlier jcb, that he can play where ever his best matchup for the team is. I think its great to have someone with his abilities, if that turns out to be wing then i think that's great because that means we've got an even better defensive 6. But for now i believe his best matchups will still be down back. I would not wish to weaken the defense to try him on the wing at this stage.

Well I am going to ask you to re read my post then come back and apologise. Let your brain take in what I said.I stated the facts are ON THE MFC WEBSITE..

If you say Morton's 7 kg heavier, then your information's outdated :)

Edited by eth38

If you say Morton's 7 kg heavier, then your information's outdated :)

If only you guys would read the posts- I only stated this information gained from the opening thread by Ron Burgundy-Cale Morton - our forgotten future (potential) superstar whom states that Morton has put on 7kls..if you disagree with this then state it on the appropriate site..and by the way-why are you so arrogant to say Ron is incorrect.If you go to training, which I believe you do- you would notice he seems to have grown-if this is the case he would instantly be heavier.But by his frame-I agree re questioning his increase.What do you believe he weighs now?

Edited by jayceebee31

Aside from the obvious that isn't a bad team.

FB Rivers Frawley Batram

HB Grimes Garland MacDonald

C Davey Scully Sylvia

HF Petterd Watts Wonaeamirri

FF Campbell Green Jurrah

R Jamar, Moloney, McKenzie

I Trengove Dunn Morton

S A runner from the following:

E Bate, Bennell, Jones, Gysberts, Bail, Warnock, Maric, Jetta, Blease, Strauss, Tapscott, and the rest.

Glad you call Warnock a runner.Shows me why your judgment is pathetic..I now rest my case till round 1 where I'll bet you what ever you want..that Garland does not play CHB against the Swans.

Edited by jayceebee31

If only you guys would read the posts- I only stated this information gained from the opening thread by Ron Burgundy-Cale Morton - our forgotten future (potential) superstar whom states that Morton has put on 7kls..if you disagree with this then state it on the appropriate site..and by the way-why are you so arrogant to say Ron is incorrect.If you go to training, which I believe you do- you would notice he seems to have grown-if this is the case he would instantly be heavier.But by his frame-I agree re questioning his increase.What do you believe he weighs now?

I definitely believe he's put on muscle, but if the MFC site states he weighs 85 kg, then it hasn't been updated for a while. It's hard to tell heights when you're comparing a relatively skinny kid in Morton, a heavier build in Garland and a tank in Frawley.

I definitely believe he's put on muscle, but if the MFC site states he weighs 85 kg, then it hasn't been updated for a while. It's hard to tell heights when you're comparing a relatively skinny kid in Morton, a heavier build in Garland and a tank in Frawley.

Then you are doubting Ron Burgundy's credability on what he stated. I don't.However,I again accept your point that he doesn't look like it. The MFC site would not have been updated for 12 months -and I can tell you that Frawley put on heaps last year during pre season but he looked like he had.Frawley's weight increase was not tabled on the site till March 2010.Morton does not look like he has but I would not dispute Ron.Again, it was not me that dreamed up his weight like you accussed me of.

Glad you call Warnock a runner.Shows me why your judgment is pathetic..I now rest my case till round 1 where I'll bet you what ever you want..that Garland does not play CHB against the Swans.

You are really clutching at straws here JCB.

Did we have a 'run in' when you first came on here or something? I vaguely remember...

Warnock will be in the Emergencies, he shouldn't be a sub though as it would defeat the purpose of having a fresh runner around more tired legs.

But that is beside the point isn't it? You just want everyone to know how clever you are, and how anyone who disagrees with you is misguided. If they don't admit it, you PM them into submission.

Edit: Rubbish in seperate thread.

Edited by rpfc

You are really clutching at straws here JCB.

Did we have a 'run in' when you first came on here or something? I vaguely remember...

Warnock will be in the Emergencies, he shouldn't be a sub though as it would defeat the purpose of having a fresh runner around more tired legs.

But that is beside the point isn't it? You just want everyone to know how clever you are, and how anyone who disagrees with you is misguided. If they don't admit it, you PM them into submission.

And Mods: You are doing him no favours by removing his vulgar rubbish and the responses to it, when will he learn if you clean it up and remove it from sight. Sunlight is the greatest disinfectant.

Very sad Dorothy and only offered you to pick you up to take you to training as a goodwill.Just shows me what a looser you are and you offered to fight Deeluded - your a joke

Very sad Dorothy and only offered you to pick you up to take you to training as a goodwill.Just shows me what a looser you are and you offered to fight Deeluded - your a joke

Two things: It is 'loser,' and as Deeluded will tell you, that 'fight remark' was an in joke between myself and the excitable, if well-meaning, Deeluded.

Oh, and a third thing. In this instance it is "you're a joke."

Two things: It is 'loser,' and as Deeluded will tell you, that 'fight remark' was an in joke between myself and the excitable, if well-meaning, Deeluded.

Oh, and a third thing. In this instance it is "you're a joke."

I am deeply hurt that you took my post like this- I referred to you as a looser- definition states: Free from constraint or obligation; not bound by duty,

habit, etc.; -- with from or of.

I was saying you are one that does not keep being restrained. You classified yourself as a loser- which incidently I agree with you.However we will all see in just a few weeks time what is going to happen with the team. I can cope with insults but to classify one self as a loser is just a ruddy fool.I won't be back o this thread again-loser

Edited by jayceebee31

I am deeply hurt that you took my post like this- I referred to you as a looser- definition states: Free from constraint or obligation; not bound by duty,

I was saying you are one that does not keep being restrained. You classified yourself as a loser- which incidently I agree with you.However we will all see in just a few weeks time what is going to happen with the team. I can cope with insults but to classify one self as a loser is just a ruddy fool.I won't be back o this thread again-loser

How are you still on here?

Any mod want to give this guy a 'sit-down?'

Yze Magic was banned for less than this blokes personal and incoherent tripe.

I noticed alot of talk about Garlands weight .

Lack of weight didn't bother Dustin Fletcher much while standing the likes of Lockett , Ablett and Dunstall .

Lack of weight didn't bother Dustin Fletcher much while standing the likes of Lockett , Ablett and Dunstall .

Yeah, your right, but dustin is nearly 6'-6", tall with the wing span & athleticism to match. IF, he had put on many Kg's, IMO, he wouldn't have been half the defender he was/is. But, then, he may have gone forward more.

Fletcher is a bit of exception to the rule. He's that wirey tough kinda guy. Don't forget too he started playing at 17 whilst still at school and didn't get knocked about physically. Michael Tuck was a similar body type and another exception though not as tall obviously as Fletcher

Comparisons don't always help. Warnock is a much bigger body type but not too good on the body-to-body stuff with the big boys.

How are you still on here?

Any mod want to give this guy a 'sit-down?'

Yze Magic was banned for less than this blokes personal and incoherent tripe.

Time for your meds rpfc. Settle down, it's not your own personal board.

Are you competing with RR for attack dog of the month?

You dish out as much tripe as anyone and you certainly don't stop at being personal

Just chill out and show a little class

Time for your meds rpfc. Settle down, it's not your own personal board.

Are you competing with RR for attack dog of the month?

You dish out as much tripe as anyone and you certainly don't stop at being personal

Just chill out and show a little class

Let em go DC, it's rather humerous.........

I've never come across someone so so wrong all the time, yet so blindly hypocritical!

I am a bit surprised by rpfc's reaction though.

Seems to be nearing the end of his tether.

I guess it's the result of striving to have an intelligent conversation that is continually hi-jacked by idiotic little issues of the few.

The funniest part is being accused of not letting anyone else have an opinion when all you've done is voice your own opinion.

You can't teach that.

Did you happen to notice, when looking up the dictionary in a vain attempt to make it look like you know what you're talking about, that "looser" is not even a noun?

It's an adjective or an adverb at most.

Arguments like this make you appear to have the intellectual and emotional maturity of an 8 year old.

Please try to stick to the topic instead.