MCC members ALERT !

dee-eee

Iv'e got about 3 years to wait i'd rekon. Signed up in 1994. Will need to find 2 unrestriced members to sign my son up who is only 3...Any helpers out there for a fellow demon? I will be restricted for 5 years after that.

My Mum was signed up the year before I was born (I was in '95) and I think she's soon to get her membership, so it shouldn't be long.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang thr MCC today getting all excited that my number was up. Turns out I signed up in 98 not 94 as I previously thought.

The membership department stated that they were taking 4 months of registrations per year. :(

I rang thr MCC today getting all excited that my number was up. Turns out I signed up in 98 not 94 as I previously thought.

The membership department stated that they were taking 4 months of registrations per year. :(

Bugger!!! we should still have that Beer anyway... B)

But of course, that will take at least a dozen pots! :)

Back on topic...no surprise in drop of MCC % of members. It was soley Melbourne's home ground 'til the mid 60's then not until 80'/90's did the other squatters start calling the G their home. Where was the great attraction for other club supporters to become MCC members 'til then? Full MCC membership come through this year but I will NEVER stop being a full MFC member even though I never use it.

I was placed on the MCC waiting list when I was 13 and I'm due for call up any time now...and I'm now 27 (Turning 28 in January), just waiting for the next batch of inductions.

I'm a sports nut, so obviously the MCC membership will give me not only my Footy dosage but my cricket and other events that are held at the MCG.

I will still up keep my Melbourne Membership (Currently have a Family Membership with my wife and two boys) and can't see why I can't continue with the both.

Love my club, love my footy, love my sport. MCC membership is the best fit for me.

Gippy

Golly, I can be your seconder if you need one - I started refusing to nominate non-Demon supporters years ago (well, not refusing exactly, just not offering or bringing it up in conversation) but I'll always do it for a Demon.

Before anyone jumps on me I also buy four MFC memberships for the other members of the household,

Edited by pitmaster

I am a MCC member and a Legends member of the MFC (donation to the club.) I was talking to one of our board members at a Presidents lunch last year and we spoke about dual members like myself that scan in as MCC and also scan in on my MFC membership on Melbourne home games. I asked the question, was it worth me doing this as I was under the impression that the MCC paid the MFC for the attendance for the day. I was told this is correct and that part of the club renewing its ties with the MCC is that the MCC makes more money on a Melbourne home game than with most other non blockbuster games played there.

EG: If Essendon has a home game crowd of 44K and Melbourne has a home game crowd of 30K the MCC make more money on the day with our home game.

So if you are a dual member like me I suggest that you might use both your memberships on home game days to help the Demons!

Wait - the MCC makes more money, or the MFC makes more money?

I don't particularly care about the revenue of the MCC and I don't see how they can make more money just because I've swiped a membership, unless that money is coming from MFC..?

Not sure I understand, can you explain in further depth?

edit: cos if I understand what I'm doing, I'll do it in future.

Edited by E25

Got no time for Melbourne supporting MCC members who give nothing to MFC

I own an MCC membership and a MFC membership so your comment doesn't particulary affect me.

However I must say that some people do not have a ton of money, so paying their $500+ for their MCC membership is quite a bit, so feeling as if they must buy a MFC membership that they will NEVER need to please the likes of you is very harsh.

My feeling is that if your lucky enough to have the cash to buy both then you most certainly should do everything you can to help the club.

But if you cannot afford the double all I ask is that you show up every week in your red and blue and cheer for the side.

Im sure every Melbourne supporting MCC member would love a dual membership but not every single MCC member has a ton of coin (despite the stereotype).

I am a MCC member and a Legends member of the MFC (donation to the club.) I was talking to one of our board members at a Presidents lunch last year and we spoke about dual members like myself that scan in as MCC and also scan in on my MFC membership on Melbourne home games. I asked the question, was it worth me doing this as I was under the impression that the MCC paid the MFC for the attendance for the day. I was told this is correct and that part of the club renewing its ties with the MCC is that the MCC makes more money on a Melbourne home game than with most other non blockbuster games played there.

EG: If Essendon has a home game crowd of 44K and Melbourne has a home game crowd of 30K the MCC make more money on the day with our home game.

So if you are a dual member like me I suggest that you might use both your memberships on home game days to help the Demons!

This is confusing. Is it as simple as saying the more attendance we get the more money MFC get paid. So by swiping in with 2 cards you are attending twice.

Can't see how the MCC make more money on a lesser crowd. I'm sure the bigger crowd, as it comes with a bigger percentage of public would make more coin. As every public person who attends the ground pays admission, compared to every MCC attendee that pays nothing to get in - unless the MCC attendee buys visitors seats and expensive beers to make up the difference.

This is confusing. Is it as simple as saying the more attendance we get the more money MFC get paid. So by swiping in with 2 cards you are attending twice.

Can't see how the MCC make more money on a lesser crowd. I'm sure the bigger crowd, as it comes with a bigger percentage of public would make more coin. As every public person who attends the ground pays admission, compared to every MCC attendee that pays nothing to get in - unless the MCC attendee buys visitors seats and expensive beers to make up the difference.

1. I am only quoting what I was told. The money made by the MCC is apparently overall, including expensive beers and food, I was just pointing out that the MFC in there approach to the MCC quoted this fact to again start working more closely together with the current management of the MFC. (Overall gate attendance is not MCC attendance numbers.)In any case as I say below money is paid to the clubs for people going through the MCC members gate.

2. I have two tickets to go to any home game and I use them, the MCC pays the MFC for every MCC member through the MCC members gate. So I do as much as I can to help the footy club.

Edited by Deevout

I own an MCC membership and a MFC membership so your comment doesn't particulary affect me.

However I must say that some people do not have a ton of money, so paying their $500+ for their MCC membership is quite a bit, so feeling as if they must buy a MFC membership that they will NEVER need to please the likes of you is very harsh.

My feeling is that if your lucky enough to have the cash to buy both then you most certainly should do everything you can to help the club.

But if you cannot afford the double all I ask is that you show up every week in your red and blue and cheer for the side.

Im sure every Melbourne supporting MCC member would love a dual membership but not every single MCC member has a ton of coin (despite the stereotype).

I'm an MCC member and an MFC member.

I do the $160 membership.

I ask more of Melbourne supporting MCC members.

You are not as good a Melbourne supporter if you don't have an MFC membership.

If you can't afford the extra $50 (whatever...) or $160 (a little tougher but direct debit makes it easier), then that is fine but it still doesn't mean I won't badger you to pay up.

MCC members who are not MFC members are welcome to come and watch what partakes on the ground, but they have no ownership over the club that plays on the ground.

That's how I feel.

I'm an MCC member and an MFC member.

I do the $160 membership.

I ask more of Melbourne supporting MCC members.

You are not as good a Melbourne supporter if you don't have an MFC membership.

If you can't afford the extra $50 (whatever...) or $160 (a little tougher but direct debit makes it easier), then that is fine but it still doesn't mean I won't badger you to pay up.

MCC members who are not MFC members are welcome to come and watch what partakes on the ground, but they have no ownership over the club that plays on the ground.

That's how I feel.

And of course you are right, we should all badger on to our MCC mates to buy MFC memberships (even if it's only the $50 one).

I have no problems with people wanting that, considering I own 2 memberships as well as recently getting my brother and 2 other mates to sign up to the MFC aswell.

My issue is people who says things like I have no time for those people... Purely because you do not know the circumstances, so it's a bit toolish to act like they are any less of a supporter or Melbourne fan than you.

There would be people who absolutely LOVE the Demons, but are not a member of MFC or MCC because they simply cannot afford. It's the same situation, it does not make them any less of a supporter. All it means is that they are not a financial backer.

I agree with selling the club and badgering away one MCC supporter at a time. What I don't agree with is randoms making judgement calls on people they know nothing about.

And of course you are right, we should all badger on to our MCC mates to buy MFC memberships (even if it's only the $50 one).

I have no problems with people wanting that, considering I own 2 memberships as well as recently getting my brother and 2 other mates to sign up to the MFC aswell.

My issue is people who says things like I have no time for those people... Purely because you do not know the circumstances, so it's a bit toolish to act like they are any less of a supporter or Melbourne fan than you.

There would be people who absolutely LOVE the Demons, but are not a member of MFC or MCC because they simply cannot afford. It's the same situation, it does not make them any less of a supporter. All it means is that they are not a financial backer.

I agree with selling the club and badgering away one MCC supporter at a time. What I don't agree with is randoms making judgement calls on people they know nothing about.

I agree with that.

I don't think we should forget some members who are supportive of the sponsorship of players in some way shape or form. I certainly think they should be considered to have some ownership of the players on the ground.

What I never understand is why this conversation so often starts (and ends) with MCC members who are not MFC members.

There is a much higher percentage of MFC supporting MCC members that buy memberships than non-MCC MFC supporters (based on those figures that are bandied about every now and then).

Easy target?

It's like the war on terror.

Keep multiplying and signing your MFC member kids to the MCC, or else the MFC supporting MCC members without MFC memberships will have won!

...that seemed like it was going to come out a bit funnier.

It didn't.

What I never understand is why this conversation so often starts (and ends) with MCC members who are not MFC members.

There is a much higher percentage of MFC supporting MCC members that buy memberships than non-MCC MFC supporters (based on those figures that are bandied about every now and then).

We have around 22k MFC-supporting MCC members and 9k of those put an 'add-on' for the MFC when we paid our membership fees.

So you are right that it will probably end up over half of the MFC-supporting MCC members being MFC members.

Still that is a lot of money to watch the Dees play that doesn't go directly to the Dees...

We could use 45k members...

I know their circumstances.

They can afford $600 for the MCC but not another $14 a month for the Dees? ($4 a month for the cheap one)

And it does make them lesser in my eyes.

You and I and E25 have both and it does make us better.

We are supporting our club more than they are.

We are better.

(In the voice of Bill Maher - he does a good patronising 'we are better' routine)

We have around 22k MFC-supporting MCC members and 9k of those put an 'add-on' for the MFC when we paid our membership fees.

So you are right that it will probably end up over half of the MFC-supporting MCC members being MFC members.

Still that is a lot of money to watch the Dees play that doesn't go directly to the Dees...

We could use 45k members...

And we have about 160,000 "supporters" who are not MCC members and not MFC members.

We could use 190,000 members...

I think the dilution of MFC supporters in the MCC is actually a good thing.

I can only serve to further diminish the elitist image of the MFC.

Jimmy has already done an almighty job in this regard to date.