MCC members ALERT !

dee-eee

Bit scary that according to the latest MCC NEWS, our support has slipped to just under 20% of the 100 thousand MCC membership. This is a drop of 3% in only 4 years ! The Bombers, on nearly 13%, look a threat to get to us in ten years or so particularly when you consider they had several decades of success where most primary school kids seemed to jump on the bandwaggon. MCC members, LET'S GO A-NOMINATING !

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I actually gave up my MCC after being signed up on birth, and gaining membership at 16-17.

Found myself liking it only because it was exclusive. Wasn't getting value for money.

Ditto. I'd rather give my money to the MFC than the MCC. I don't miss it at all.

Edited by Rojik of the Arctic

Ditto. I'd rather give my money to the MFC than the MCC. I don't miss it at all.

Fair enough......I have been a dual member for over 40 years and consider myself a battler.I confess I take my MCC membership a bit for granted but it's nice to have peace of mind that there is always a spot{undercover if needed} there for me. About half our MCC supporters now also buy an MFC ticket, a huge increase on just a few years back. I would not be the only retiree who has to consider their priorities and budget accordingly.

If people pull out of MCC membership and opt for MFC membership, then that only helps the club.

Yes but does not give you access to the cricket. B)

The historical legacy of the MCC is both a benefit and a heel for MFC.

Many MCC members who are MFC supporters do not take out MFC membership. I can understand their reasons. I like a growing number of MCC members have a dual membership.

I have no concerns that the MFC component of the MCC falls. The demographic and the interest base of the MCC is broader than MFC.

I can also understand those who toss the MCC membership due lack of use. FWIW, since the renovations in 2006, I think the MCC is a sensational viewing spot for football and cricket.

Got no time for Melbourne supporting MCC members who give nothing to MFC

To be fair, if your turn to take up MCC full membership comes, and you're short of coin, then you'd have to prioritise MCC over MFC because it gives you access to so much more. As long as when you DO have coin again, you cough up for both.

To be fair, if your turn to take up MCC full membership comes, and you're short of coin, then you'd have to prioritise MCC over MFC because it gives you access to so much more. As long as when you DO have coin again, you cough up for both.

There is no excuse. The MFC/MCC membership is, what, $50??

There is no excuse. The MFC/MCC membership is, what, $50??

If you are short of coin then there clearly is an excuse.

Got no time for Melbourne supporting MCC members who give nothing to MFC

That's the spirit that will bring rushing back to the Club with full apology. :lol:

I actually gave up my MCC after being signed up on birth, and gaining membership at 16-17.

Found myself liking it only because it was exclusive. Wasn't getting value for money.

There is clear value for money if you actually use it Stylus.

Go to all the Melbourne games. Then go to ANZAC day. Friday night games. Blockbuster games with the top 4.

Then go to the finals. Without worrying about seat availability. All of them.

Then go to the cricket. Again without having to worry about purchasing tickets in time for Boxing Day.

All of that in the best facilities in the world for watching sport.

Pays itself five times over.

If people pull out of MCC membership and opt for MFC membership, then that only helps the club.

Sorry cant agree with that. Im an MCC member for over 10 years and this year I finally got my full memebership. I buy my mfc/mcc membership and I give money to mfc in other ways. I gave money to the debt demolotion, I buy my merchandise from the shop and I go to some of the events.

I use my membership to go to the boxing day test every year and also the 1 day games and 20/20 as well as go to the victorian games. I can take my friends anytime and in the footy season I can go with my friends who support the team we are playing and sit with them. I never bother about having to queue for finals tickets and every year I can go to the grand final. So until i leave this planet Im sticking to my mcc membership.

Me too. It was too pricey for me when playing on saturdays and getting to few games. I wrote to the club when I was an MCC member and said what we need is a different category of membership for MCC members who dont need a seat - which is some of the value of MFC membership.

Sorry cant agree with that. Im an MCC member for over 10 years and this year I finally got my full memebership. I buy my mfc/mcc membership and I give money to mfc in other ways. I gave money to the debt demolotion, I buy my merchandise from the shop and I go to some of the events.

I use my membership to go to the boxing day test every year and also the 1 day games and 20/20 as well as go to the victorian games. I can take my friends anytime and in the footy season I can go with my friends who support the team we are playing and sit with them. I never bother about having to queue for finals tickets and every year I can go to the grand final. So until i leave this planet Im sticking to my mcc membership.

i agree with you 100% i have had times where i have gone without food for a couple of days to pay the MCC membership. Demons home and now away games and finals are good enough for me. Take a look at the AFL Membership fiasco-now there is a rip off in comparison.

i will take my MCC membership to the coffin, along with my favorite CD's and a bottle of Jack.!!!

Iv'e got about 3 years to wait i'd rekon. Signed up in 1994. Will need to find 2 unrestriced members to sign my son up who is only 3...Any helpers out there for a fellow demon? I will be restricted for 5 years after that.

Iv'e got about 3 years to wait i'd rekon. Signed up in 1994. Will need to find 2 unrestriced members to sign my son up who is only 3...Any helpers out there for a fellow demon? I will be restricted for 5 years after that.

If you are anywhere near elwood i will help you out gOLLy, always happy to get another demon voice into the MCC Reserve.

i pay full MCC and full MFC for ten years straight

MCC is well worth it if you go to an arseload of neutral games along with every Melbourne game (of course) and a few finals.. i reckon I went to about 28 games this year

worth every cent!

like many others my MFC membership is almost totally a donation