Problem - help wanted!

biggestred

Benno,

get a grip. This requires good planning. And as others have noted only worthwhile if she is the marrying kind.

1. If the party is on Saturday night, then there is no chance that the game will be played then.

2. If we are there, we could be playing interstate

3. Build up brownie points all through the year and claim them back at the most appropriate time, and let her suggest it ( ...I've been to every Demons game in the past ...years, and this is our first final that I could see....get the drift)

4. We might do better and win the first final..ergo another game the week after.

5. If all else fails, remember that we are unlikely to be playing in a GF next year. Save the brownie points for the big event when it comes.

Finally, remember the adage: Happy wife = happy life.

"get a grip." Could be the answer!

we will make finals, i say you tell her that finals weekend is a birthday free time, and that if you had to choose you would go with the team you have supported all your life.

second option, birthday present is to take her to the finals, have a few pre brews and organise the party to be when you arrive home, in celebration of melbourne winning and your girlfriends birthday, in that order :D

A couple of options... 1. have the party at Maccas at the airport so you can move directly from it to departures, or 2. have the party a week before and then take her to the Gold Coast for a weekend away as a birthday treat.

dont laugh at me - this could turn out to be a serious issue.

my lovely girlfriend is turning 21 on the 11th of sept next year. the first weekend of the finals.

given we play the gold coast on sunday on the 2nd last round, and then port adelaide away at a time yet to be determined, what is the best night for her to be looking to have her party given that i will want to go to the footy. She is so nice and lovely she will pick the night when we are least likely to be playing (what a woman).

of course this topic is completely null and void if we dont make the finals - a 50/50 proposition anyway.

i think friday would probably be the best night - they are unlikely to give us 2x 6 day breaks, although its the afl after all........

It looks to me that it will be likely, a Sunday game for Rnd 22.

Pretty rude of Al Qaeda to ruin her 10th birthday

well i think she would have been in bed by 10pm or whatever time it was here.

good blog by the way, some of us do read it, keep it up.

we live 2 hours out of town so starting late or whatever isnt really an option, since all her friends are 2 hours out of town as well.

pretty sure i just ruined our chances of making finals by even thinking that we might.

anyway, im sure itll all be sorted out.....by her......closer to the date!

As much as the AFL have indeed handed us a very nice fixture for 2011, seriously what are the chances they'll give us a prime time slot to open up the finals for the year?

If we're in a prelim, well, at least there's next week and the certainty it'll be at home. Hmm... so maybe examine if there's a pattern on elimination finals, to be sure.

One moment please...

Elimination finals

2010 - saturday and sunday

2009 - friday and saturday

2008 - saturday and saturday

hmm... alright, you're stuffed unless she wants to do it on sunday night... oh wait... twilight games.

Probably just gonna have to go with the flow.

hahaha this thread is gold

I agree-consideration all round. And this is called a partnership.

Now your problem.The Dees will make the eight. I think they can win at least 12 games.If this is so- Saturday would look most likely the day they will play.Therefore Friday would be the most suitable timeslot for the 21st.But what about - your head. Will you have a hangover. Would you be ok for an after lunch game.Maybe - have the party on Sunday night- safest bet for all. :blink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.