NFL

Dappa Dan

14 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Raheem Morris has interviews with Seattle, chargers, panthers, commanders.

Interesting.  There's certainly a few vacancies

All the more reason why Belichick is now saying that he is "Targeting talented but underachieving teams"

Bill gets to call the shots with his fantastic record.  He might only have 3 or 4 prime years left but teams can rise quickly in the NFL

And there's a lot of teams that would like to taste SB success (Some for the first time)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Interesting.  There's certainly a few vacancies

All the more reason why Belichick is now saying that he is "Targeting talented but underachieving teams"

Bill gets to call the shots with his fantastic record.  He might only have 3 or 4 prime years left but teams can rise quickly in the NFL

And there's a lot of teams that would like to taste SB success (Some for the first time)

I agree with what Marcus and Dan were saying on NFL live, Chargers seem the best for for him. 

• Like 1

It was initially hard to tell what was going to happen with Jim Harbaugh, he's really been great for College Football but I think it's time for another crack at the NFL. Another one who would perfectly suit the Chargers situation, though it sounds like Atlanta will speak with him too.

• Like 1

Sun 8.30am   Houston @ Baltimore (13+)

Sun 12.15pm  Green Bay @ San Francisco (7-12)

Mon 7.00am   Tampa Bay @ Detroit (13+)

Mon 10.30am  Kansas City @ Buffalo (1-6)

• Like 1

Looks as though Bill will be the new Falcons HC by all reports... Not sure it is the best decision long term, but BB will certainly sweep clean the place top to bottom which is most definitely needed!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Macca said:

Nobody can Jerry doesn't back in his head coaches. Stuck with Garrett for far too long and I reckon he should have bit the bullet with McCarthy. He has not addressed the mental fragility issue with this group and if he hasn't sorted by now, he never will. Hope I'm wrong but I don't have much faith in McCarthy breaking the drought.

• Like 1

Houston @ Baltimore (7-12)

Green Bay @ San Francisco (1-6)

Tampa Bay (1-6) @ Detroit

Kansas City @ Buffalo (7-12)

10 hours ago, BDA said:

Nobody can Jerry doesn't back in his head coaches. Stuck with Garrett for far too long and I reckon he should have bit the bullet with McCarthy. He has not addressed the mental fragility issue with this group and if he hasn't sorted by now, he never will. Hope I'm wrong but I don't have much faith in McCarthy breaking the drought.

McCarthy is too QB-centric.  He was the same at GB but because Rodgers was so good, it always looked like it might work

And it did work early (SB win) and then we'd get close but ultimately our all-round game (lack of) got found out

And I'm not sure that Prescott is as good as Rodgers so it is a flawed strategy

To me it's when it gets to crunch time or the big moments.  McCarthy leans on the QB but here lies the problem, the opposition know it so the bluff is taken out

Dallas passing yards was 3rd in the league and they were 14th for rushing

Run defence was 16th and passing defence was 5th

So not too shabby but do SB winning teams lie mid table on rushing & run defence?  You'd maybe expect at least top 10 for both categories in order to win big

By contrast, the 49ers are 3rd in rushing and 3rd best on run defence.  Passing yards 6th & pass defence 14th

Edited by Macca

14 hours ago, JV7 said:

Also the irony of Bill coming in to fix up the franchise as we've never been same after 28-3!

I still reckon that SB was more about the incredible comeback by New England more so than Atlanta losing control of the match.  Still, hard to cop even 7 years hence, JV

They (NE) played lights out and everything went right for them. It took a champion team to do it and enormous self-belief.  No other team could have done it

So if you get Belichick, that's what he will bring.  It will be an exciting time for the Falcons.  He's still got it 

To me, he's the best coach I've seen across all sports.  Better than Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho or anyone else

But he does need a talented roster, any coach does

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Macca said:

McCarthy is too QB-centric.  He was the same at GB but because Rodgers was so good, it always looked like it might work

And it did work early (SB win) and then we'd get close but ultimately our all-round game (lack of) got found out

And I'm not sure that Prescott is as good as Rodgers so it is a flawed strategy

To me it's when it gets to crunch time or the big moments.  McCarthy leans on the QB but here lies the problem, the opposition know it so the bluff is taken out

Dallas passing yards was 3rd in the league and they were 14th for rushing

Run defence was 16th and passing defence was 5th

So not too shabby but do SB winning teams lie mid table on rushing & run defence?  You'd maybe expect at least top 10 for both categories in order to win big

By contrast, the 49ers are 3rd in rushing and 3rd best on run defence.  Passing yards 6th & pass defence 14th

Thats all true. 

but the manner of the defeat, the lack of belief, the collapse of confidence speaks to a deep rooted phycological problem. The Cowboys have no mental fortitude. McCarthy will not solve this next season. I hate to say it but they will flop again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JV7 said:

Houston @ Baltimore (7-12)

Green Bay @ San Francisco (7-12)

Tampa Bay Detroit (1-6)

Kansas City @ Buffalo (1-6)

All home teams again 🤷‍♂️ 

It’s like that more in the playoffs tho.

Ok, so my stupid family are in the way of me watching any games this Sunday and next Sunday I won’t get to the game before 3pm if everything goes my way. 😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Houston @ Baltimore 10

Green Bay @ San Francisco 17

Tampa Bay Detroit 9

Kansas City @ Buffalo 14

Edited by Gorgoroth

3 hours ago, BDA said:

Thats all true. 

but the manner of the defeat, the lack of belief, the collapse of confidence speaks to a deep rooted phycological problem. The Cowboys have no mental fortitude. McCarthy will not solve this next season. I hate to say it but they will flop again. 

Both of us can be right but these days, I tend to focus more on the technical aspects of sport

For instance, I reckon GB's only chance is if Love can complete a large amount of passes and with it, gain lots of yards.  Plus, we'll need the 49ers to make a few errors

I'd be most surprised if Jones is allowed to run into the backfield frequently... but you never know!  And how do the Packers stop the Niners run?  

Houston @ Baltimore (13+)

Green Bay San Francisco (7-12)

Tampa Bay Detroit (1-6)

Do expect the Swifties to be umpired through.

Edited by Clintosaurus
  • Haha 1

All home wins for me. Chiefs only realistic chance of a road win

Houston @ Baltimore (13+)

Green Bay @ San Francisco (13+)

Tampa Bay @ Detroit (7-12)

Jackson excellent on that TD scoring drive. He's in the groove.

Houston can't get their run game going at all. 

Early days but looking like it will be a comfortable day for the Ravens.

• Like 1