The "Best Available" challenge

old55

Well turn your back on him when he gets the ball if his wearing the red and blue is offending you so much. You don't get to condemn and then cheer.

You're exceedingly childish.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sorry Demon Hill, I just wanted to grab your attention.

what I wanted to say is just that its Too Soon to Say, re Jurrah. He looks older than he is. He's only 21 I think. He is a 'ball player', but he also is a 'leader', so I expect he'll mature.

Got you now. Had no idea what that meant.

Talking of players whose game style is not "hard-at-it" - whats happening with Tracky-Dacks and re-signing?

He only has 10 days till Nov 1 (that is the end-of-contract time isn't it?)

We might be looking at 5 draft picks - any info?

He's on the VL which means a rookie spot will free up.

Unless, we bring back Junior...

i think a lot of people are over rating fitzpatrick, although tbh i have not seen a lot of him this year. its jst a mate of mine went to draft camp with him n said he was a horrible kick n even completely failed a couple of the tests, that being said has plenty of time on his hands to improve an seems to have the right attitude, jst a bit optimistic from some people to ave him in front of players such as bennell who are proven to play well at AFL level when this guy mite not even make it.

There's a clear top 6, which is evident in many posts. I have Morton 7.

I have Jurrah 6, which isn't as high as some, but while he's as exciting as it gets, he's also soft. He'll have a lot of hard nosed pressure put on him by good teams. If he can stand up to that pressure in a final then he'll move up my rankings. Until he can perform in a final I'll reserve further judgment.

None of those players on the list have played or performed in finals, so why are they exempt from this? Jurrah, along with Grimes have been the most consistent performers, if anything it is the other players I would be more worried about in finals.

None of those players on the list have played or performed in finals, so why are they exempt from this? Jurrah, along with Grimes have been the most consistent performers, if anything it is the other players I would be more worried about in finals.

Just post your list

Of course, and so they should.

What use is a player who can't perform in finals? :wacko:

wtf ? :wacko:

well he's labelled jurrah soft and would rather pass judgement once he has performed in a final to prove otherwise. my question to him is based on the other members of the top 6 not having played finals either. does he perceive them as soft as Jurrah ? and would they face the same criteria having taken backward steps or been shy of a contest, that if they played in a final would they also go up the rankings.

it's a fair question which has been left unanswered.

wtf ? :wacko:

well he's labelled jurrah soft and would rather pass judgement once he has performed in a final to prove otherwise. my question to him is based on the other members of the top 6 not having played finals either. does he perceive them as soft as Jurrah ? and would they face the same criteria having taken backward steps or been shy of a contest, that if they played in a final would they also go up the rankings.

it's a fair question which has been left unanswered.

I don't usually answer stupid questions, hence the lack of a response.

Jurrah has been overtly soft in AFL and VFL matches, hence the query, and hence the concern that he may be found out in a final.

Morton has been soft too, so the same query exists.

Watts hasn't been soft in the sense of the other two. He isn't hard, but he doesn't lack courage. Watts will stand under a pack knowing what's coming. He does need to lift his intensity and learn how to better contest, but if he is soft he's soft with a small 's'. There are degrees of everything. I've seen Jurrah at Casey where his avoidance of contests has been cringeworthy.

I have zero concerns about Grimes, Scully and Trengove when it comes to committing their body; and they don't need to show me that they'll be able to step up in the red hot cauldron of a final. I know they will. If a player has a flaw in the commitment stakes it's exacerbated in finals. They don't have that flaw. Others do.

Jurrah is the most exciting talent in the AFL. With an increased confidence in himself and his body I expect him to improve the areas where he's currently deficient. But unlike others that pretend they don't see what they see, or aren't able to adequately decipher what they see, I have no compunction in expressing areas of concern in a player's makeup.

just how is low orbital flying and returning to earth without landing gear soft ?? :rolleyes:

just how is low orbital flying and returning to earth without landing gear soft ?? :rolleyes:

Who are you referring to? Warwick Capper? Steven Stretch? Robbo?

Using high flyers as your example wouldn't stack up too well would it?

Who are you referring to? Warwick Capper? Steven Stretch? Robbo?

Using high flyers as your example wouldn't stack up too well would it?

Obviously Jurrah...pay attention to previous posts there...lol

But anyone who can take a pack mark or is prepared to get crunched or knows its a long way back down is not SOFT in my book.

Obviously Jurrah...pay attention to previous posts there...lol

But anyone who can take a pack mark or is prepared to get crunched or knows its a long way back down is not SOFT in my book.

Really?

You didn't see the sarcasm?

It was pretty effective argument to - the bravest person in that instance is the bloke who shoulders are being jumped on.

The guy has flaws, unbelievable!

Gee rpfc so much wiser than all ( meh)

Jurrah doesn't even need others !!

Didn't say he had no flaws ( unlike your poor effort to assign a quality to a discussion/. Debatewhere not required) I simply don't share others views he's soft ! Shirkers are soft , he is neither.

But by all means continue your distortions and need to seem superior,

OMFG!!

I am getting sick of this place.

Everyone is so bloody sensitive...

We haven't butted heads BB for years, and yet I am slightly patronising and I get that?!

Jurrah is a good player.

He pulls out of contests.

He isn't brave because he jumps on people.

He can work on it.

That is rpfc's opinion.

By all means take offence, people.

OMFG!!

We haven't butted heads BB for years, and yet I am slightly patronising and I get that?!

Jurrah is a good player.

He can work on it.

That is rpfc's opinion.

Getting a little sensitive yourself there RPFC? B)

We are seeing the withdrawal symptoms of demon addicts

Unfortunately nothing can be done except cold turkey (and skin thickening) until next season

Getting a little sensitive yourself there RPFC? B)

We are seeing the withdrawal symptoms of demon addicts

Unfortunately nothing can be done except cold turkey (and skin thickening) until next season

You know what, I was wondering about that first line myself but I stuck to gut reaction.

I would like to think I let a lot go off my back and under the bridge but some things just rile.

I remember this time last year I was just trying to get laughs and didn't take anything seriously at all which led one prominent poster to call me 'unreadable.' But this place in general is unreadable at this time of year.

The boys are in China and we are off with the fairies.

That's it, I'm going for laughs again.

You know what, I was wondering about that first line myself but I stuck to gut reaction.

I would like to think I let a lot go off my back and under the bridge but some things just rile.

I remember this time last year I was just trying to get laughs and didn't take anything seriously at all which led one prominent poster to call me 'unreadable.' But this place in general is unreadable at this time of year.

The boys are in China and we are off with the fairies.

That's it, I'm going for laughs again.

g o o d decision

you can get back to being cranky around March 2011 (or earlier if MN gets re-signed B) )

OMFG!!

Jurrah is a good player.

He can work on it.

That is rpfc's opinion.

How dare you

Trengove

Scully

Frawley

Jurrah

Watts

Morton

McKenzie

Grimes