David Hale

Demon Tragic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Oh, ROTA...

Putting words in my mouth?

You might get away with that on BF. But not here. Never here.

No words old chap. Just saying that we are paying overs if that ends up being the deal.

The BF jibe is pretty damn insulting though. If you have a problem with what I say then let me know without equating me with the 99% of people that post there.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all true but Hale, while rumored to prefer Melbourne, is also not averse to a move elsewhere. And Gold Coast have reportedly offered pick 26 and have plenty of salary cap room. The result is that North are in a much better bargaining position than you suggest.

Incidentally, I ran the proposed trade past an impartial and very knowledgeable Bombers supporter mate and he thought it was about right. And thinking further, the difference between picks we are talking about is (for example) from Gysberts to Tapscott... Are we sure there's enough in that to really jump up and down?

My initial reaction was that this would be a crap trade for us but now I'm not certain.

The GC Suns would love to force us to give up a 1st Rnd Pick which might haunt them in 3 - 4 Years time.

The GC Suns would love to force us to give up a 1st Rnd Pick which might haunt them in 3 - 4 Years time.

Maybe, but we wouldn't be giving up the pick, just moving back a couple of spots in the order. The question I posed above is whether pick 17 is really that much worse than 12? But for a few extra points against Collingwood and the Dogs we would've had pick 17 odd anyway... Would that really have screwed us and handed GC a massive edge? I'm not sure but I doubt it.

Maybe, but we wouldn't be giving up the pick, just moving back a couple of spots in the order. The question I posed above is whether pick 17 is really that much worse than 12? But for a few extra points against Collingwood and the Dogs we would've had pick 17 odd anyway... Would that really have screwed us and handed GC a massive edge? I'm not sure but I doubt it.

We are competing with both GC Suns & Nth Roos in our window...

We'll be going Not Only backwards in the 1st Rnd draft order to North. But also giver them our 2nd rnd Pick as well for a Q? spud. a tall spud. but still A pretty is a pretty is a pretty..

Q: How many spuds does it cost to stop an MFC premiership???

Ans: I'll tell you when I know how many we recruit in the next 2 years.

If we give up our 1st rounder (even if we swap 1st round picks with the Kangaroos) i will not be happy. North can go forth and multiply as far as i'm concerned. They demand a mid 20's pick (end of 1st round) for a player they barely played this year. GTFO North. If this is the case, then North should be paying all of his contract. GC can have him if that's their asking price. Would be happy to give up a 2nd round pick, but not swap of 1st rounder, we could get a slider, or at worst, a very good KPF.

If we give up our 1st rounder (even if we swap 1st round picks with the Kangaroos) i will not be happy. North can go forth and multiply as far as i'm concerned. They demand a mid 20's pick (end of 1st round) for a player they barely played this year. GTFO North. If this is the case, then North should be paying all of his contract. GC can have him if that's their asking price. Would be happy to give up a 2nd round pick, but not swap of 1st rounder, we could get a slider, or at worst, a very good KPF.

I'd rather the chance @ us getting Heppell or a Smedts, than the Roos. And I'd rather someone like those + another,,, than Hale.

I was all for getting Hale for our second pick, no more. He isn't worth more than that and we should just let the GC pay over the odds if they wish. Make no mistake, north want hale gone - they have 3 ruckman ahead of him (McI, gold, petrie), he is probably the highest paid of the three, and his trade value is high. It would be a big waste if they keep him on their list. don't get sucked in DB and co., pick 32 or no trade.

A player like Jesse White (also under contract) or mitch clark (unlikely), we could throw more at, e.g. pick 12 and warnock/pick 32.

Maybe the FD rates Hale a lot higher than many of us do.

I imagine they would know better.

It's also possible that they have their eyes on a player that other teams obviously don't rate as highly.

I think it was the case with Gysberts last year, but we had the inside word with Wheatley working as a coach down at Eastern Ranges and Gysberts carrying an injury all year.

Have faith.

Does no one realise that Hutchy's claims are clearly false??

In spite of the fact it seems a bit over the odds, MFC would not be offering a "set of steakknives' right off the bat.

I know we haven't brought in any big names via trade for a while, but I can't picture them showing their cards on the first day.

And if that is over the odds, then we have no room for compromise to get the deal done if we really want to.

It just doesn't seem right at all.

God I hope so. I am hoping we find out this week that it is hutchy speaking out of his you know what. Surely it can't be right...

We are competing with both GC Suns & Nth Roos in our window...

We'll be going Not Only backwards in the 1st Rnd draft order to North. But also giver them our 2nd rnd Pick as well for a Q? spud. a tall spud. but still A pretty is a pretty is a pretty..

Q: How many spuds does it cost to stop an MFC premiership???

Ans: I'll tell you when I know how many we recruit in the next 2 years.

You're not convincing me here.

Who we pick with 12 in 2010, or who we pick with 17 in 2010, will pale in significance to who we picked in 2007, 08, and 09.

Again, some supporters are stuck in this 'draft week is the be-all and end-all of football fortunes' mindset. We have raided the past three drafts and got some great talent.

That mindset was a buttress when we were sh!te, and we have got some amazing talent from those drafts.

What we didn't get was a buck-up ruck/fwd to help Jamar. We want one don't we?

Well guess what boys and girls - they don't grow on trees, you have to pay for it.

This is going to be a very important Trade year for the MFC isn't it.

Be very wise Melbourne...Do not get pushed around or shafted, by anyone..

We have done really well over the last 2 years during these weeks-stay on the path.

I am not in a position to say whether David Hale is a Bargain for the MFC or not, but i do have one question...If he spent so much time playing for the North Melbourne Reserves..Why?? And therefore why will we be sure he will play in the MFC Seniors when our list has supposedly more potential??

Choose very Carefully please. B)

This is going to be a very important Trade year for the MFC isn't it.

Be very wise Melbourne...Do not get pushed around or shafted, by anyone..

We have done really well over the last 2 years during these weeks-stay on the path.

I am not in a position to say whether David Hale is a Bargain for the MFC or not, but i do have one question...If he spent so much time playing for the North Melbourne Reserves..Why?? And therefore why will we be sure he will play in the MFC Seniors when our list has supposedly more potential??

Choose very Carefully please. B)

No two teams are the same.

They have ruckmen, we have a ruckman.

Who needs help.

Melbourne obviously know something that we don't know. They are targeting him for specific reasons if we are going to trade those types of picks to lure him in.

The interchange rules is an added incentive to get him, but Melbourne have drafted and traded exceptionally well over the few years. For everyone having a massive banter fest at the club, saying its a big bloody joke and how you are disgusted - should really stop posting if you have nothing to provide but a negative attitude.

They know more than we do, if we are targeting him this hard - we obviously need someone of his personal attributes. Maybe Jamar has had a word to the department? He needs someone because he is getting tired of running around too much? Maybe he knows so many clubs would be interested in him if he does decide to move on so he doesn't have to do all the work?

If Melbourne want Hale in our team, then going from previous history in our recruiting department, I give them all my faith this year as well.

100% Right. Desktop warriors (myself included) are quick to criticise and spell doom and gloom yet a week ago our recruiting department was the best in the league.

How about a little show of faith people. You're starting to sound like the ferals at Punt Road.....

Does no one realise that Hutchy's claims are clearly false??

In spite of the fact it seems a bit over the odds, MFC would not be offering a "set of steakknives' right off the bat.

I know we haven't brought in any big names via trade for a while, but I can't picture them showing their cards on the first day.

And if that is over the odds, then we have no room for compromise to get the deal done if we really want to.

It just doesn't seem right at all.

And this is spot on too. Hutchy needs to come up with something to justify his ridiculous pay packet.

Anyone who has had experience at any form of negotiations knows that you start at the absolute best end of the scale for you and then work down to a satisfactory compromise.

North have started at the top end hoping they will get a bite or a slightly better mid point than they realistically know they will get. Don't be surprised if one of two things occur.

Melbourne do a trade to shuffle their draft picks around to give them a pick around 25-30 OR

Melbourne are fairly certain that Bruce is going and therefore know that they will have another second round pick to bargain with.

I believe Gold Coast must finalise the contracted players situation by Friday and given that trade week doesn't end until Monday, MFC have plenty of time to work out a satisfactory deal.

Maybe the FD rates Hale a lot higher than many of us do.

I imagine they would know better.

It's also possible that they have their eyes on a player that other teams obviously don't rate as highly.

I think it was the case with Gysberts last year, but we had the inside word with Wheatley working as a coach down at Eastern Ranges and Gysberts carrying an injury all year.

Have faith.

Ha Hmmn, what aren't you saying?

Who we pick with 12 in 2010, or who we pick with 17 in 2010, will pale in significance to who we picked in 2007, 08, and 09.

Again, some supporters are stuck in this 'draft week is the be-all and end-all of football fortunes' mindset. We have raided the past three drafts and got some great talent.

That mindset was a buttress when we were sh!te, and we have got some amazing talent from those drafts.

Well guess what boys and girls - they don't grow on trees, you have to pay for it.

Oh, I'm not trying to convince you. I'm telling the story to all who want to read it & think for themselves & make their own minds up.

Explain the difference, the amazing difference, in talent between 12 and 17 and maybe those members will stick with you.

Otherwise, when they calm down - they'll be with me.

5 extra options in the top 20. That's the difference between 12 and 17, worth a lot more than your steak knives theory.

As for Hale, pick 32 is about as generous of an offer to North that can be justified, anything more than that is putting too many eggs in a shifty-looking basket.

You really do think highly of yourself, don't you, above all else here who have their own Brains & their own wills.

Well answer this question then... > Hale v Josh Fraser... who would win the ruck duel out of those 2?

Everyoen needs to stop and take a big, long, slow breath.

This is Hutchy we're talking about. The guy is a bottom feeder and probably gets his info from bigfooty.

Let's just wait and see what happens before we judge.

PS It's a [censored] deal for Melbourne

We arnt recruiting a ruck.... we dont need a ruck. We are recruiting a Forward who can play ruck for a short period each qaurter

No, they aren't recruiting a full forward.. they want a mega tall who can draw the ball to him in the goal square & who can pinch hit in the ruck. so the guy needs to be a reasonable contested mark.

No two teams are the same.

They have ruckmen, we have a ruckman.

Who needs help.

Exactly. Hale is behind Macintosh and Goldstein in North's pecking order but both those guys would stroll straight into our best 22. Just because Hale isn't in front of those two doesn't mean he's no good or won't considerably improve our side.