Changes vs Richmond

Nasher

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by the player review the outs could be between Bail, Bennell and Morton. Unfortunately for Bail (whom I rate highly) it may be a case of making way for senior player like Maric last week.

I would agree based on those comments it would be out of those three. Interesting the comment that LJs workrate was good. Found that suprising.

Out : Rivers, Jnr Mac

In : Cheney, Maric

I want Moloney and Trengove in aswell but I just don't know who else to drop from those positions.

Jurrah your really close for the magoos. 1 more week then that's it. Last chance.

edit : spelling

Edited by gOLLy

I want Moloney and Trengove in aswell but I just don't know who else to drop from those positions.

Jurrah your really close for the magoos. 1 more week then that's it. Last chance.

edit : spelling

Surely a pisstake.

Rivers and Macdonald both played solid games.

Nearly every player returning from injury has had to go through Casey to get back into the team, including Junior and Sylvia, so I think Bailey and co will favour that policy in regards to Maloney this weekend (much to the dismay of most who realise Maloney is in our best 18 and would normally walk straight back into the team).

Jamar having significant time in the forward line would really worry the Tigers, so I think Johnson needs to stay in the side. Trengove HAS to come back in, so if Jones has injury concerns he would be the most likely to have a spell. But if he comes up, then I would drop Bennell. Nothing against his form, but Trengove gives us much more, and we'll need Jones to be part of a tough midfield up against Jackson/Martin/Cousins/King.

I would also be in favour of recalling Bate for Jurrah. He has done his time for a couple of poor games and he is in our best team and loves the MCG. Especially if there is any likelyhood of rain (which is currently predicted).

Someone will have to play a defensive role on Newman this week. I think he is their most important play-maker, and he will try to go to a Wonna or Bennell and run off them. Could be another job for Mr Fixit - Lynden Dunn.

One more week for Tapscott. If he is going to come in, it should be for the Hawks game to give the side a lift after what will hopefully be 4 consecutive wins!

Rivers is the turnover king atm. Intensity is lacking.

Not MacDonald, McDonald

I know I'm being really hard on Jnr so I'll take it back and just go for the one change.

In : ohhh just dont know who I want. ((Moloney, Trenners, Maric)

Out : Rivers

Your avatar couldn't be more apt.

What makes you so sure of that? Did you play with him?

No, I simply watched the game.

I wonder how we played our best game in years against the Swans without Juniors comforting "words". :o

I'm really in two minds about Jurrah. He was insipid this week and deserves to get dropped on the back of that performance. On the other hand, he's just come back from a major injury, his form has otherwise been pretty reasonable, and, most importantly, this is the sort of game where he could have an absolute field day. Logically, you probably have to drop him, but I have a bad feeling about doing it this week.

Yeah, he was a bit off, but has credits banked.

IMO Morton is in line for some more rests, as he wrestles with the question of whether he's going to become a more physical player.

He'd be my change for Beamer, & maybe Sculls for Trenners, if fit.

Can someone please explain to me why you can't drop the captain ?? If there is a better player to come in, What am I missing ?? I go to watch my team win football games and I'm sure the team goes out to win every game therfore should field the strongest team.

Anyone remember the late 80's when we dropped Greg Healy - out Captain at the time?

It can happen, it has happend, but this week it wont happen.

Would be sorry to see Bail get dropped, I think he is a vital part of our half back line. Not sure the reasoning for people wanting to drop Jones either.

No, I simply watched the game.

I wonder how we played our best game in years against the Swans without Juniors comforting "words". :o

Obviously, but just cause we won without him, you can't say that the reason we won so well was that he didn't play. I would drop him based on strict one-off performance, but you can't judge a Captain based solely on the last game they played.

Obviously, but just cause we won without him, you can't say that the reason we won so well was that he didn't play. I would drop him based on strict one-off performance, but you can't judge a Captain based solely on the last game they played.

Interesting to note that in the last game Junior played before Brisbane, he gave Chris Judd a towelling for 3 quarters before doing his hammy in the final quarter. I`m baffled people want him dropped after 1 game.

I can`t think of too many players all year that have been dropped after 1 game, can`t for the life of me think why we`d drop our skipper after his 1st game back in 8 weeks.

From Chris Connolly on Saturday; Trengove had still not recovered from his injury before the Brisbane game and is still only a 50/50 for this weekends game vs Richmond.

Seemed to be going pretty well for Casey. A certainty surely?

Absolutely no way they will drop the skipper. One game back from a longish lay off he's only going to get better and it is easy to forget how important he is to this side. Big game this weekend, you want an experienced man who is unbelievably hard at for someone his size. He is both our spiritual and actual leader.

I reckon they will drop Morton and Wona. Morton a little unlucky but he is not a key player at present and our backline has a surfeit of options agianst the tiges. Wona adds spark and forward pressure but prob didn't do enough last week and i reckon they will be looking for a team with lots of run, which is why Benell is safe (plus he plays in a range of positions)

In Tregove and Moloney. Both will be keyed up, particularly Maloney and i reckon the dees will have marked this as one of those leave nothing in the tank games. They will want the grunt of Maloney and the in and under skills of trenners.

Absolutely no way they will drop the skipper. One game back from a longish lay off he's only going to get better and it is easy to forget how important he is to this side. Big game this weekend, you want an experienced man who is unbelievably hard at for someone his size. He is both our spiritual and actual leader.

I reckon they will drop Morton and Wona. Morton a little unlucky but he is not a key player at present and our backline has a surfeit of options agianst the tiges.

Wona adds spark and forward pressure but prob didn't do enough last week and i reckon they will be looking for a team with lots of run, which is why Benell is safe (plus he plays in a range of positions)

In Tregove and Moloney. Both will be keyed up, particularly Maloney and i reckon the dees will have marked this as one of those leave nothing in the tank games. They will want the grunt of Maloney and the in and under skills of trenners.

Agreed, can certainly see that.

Nathan Jones?!

Dont get me wrong i like the way he goes about it, and the effort he puts in, but id say his twitter updates have been better than a few of his games!

Bail and Johnson for me maybe James McDonald appears a little underdone. We only really need either Wona or Bennell (id go for benny)

Has Bate been replaced by Dunn?

Trengove, Moloney, Tappscott

Out: Morton and Bennell

In: Trengrove and Moloney

We need Jurrah as a tall, right now dont need both wonnas and bennell in the forward line when we dont have the players to create contests.

Morton doesnt have a position with Treners and Moloney coming in. He should head to Casey and work on finding him the right position then spend the off season trying to bulk up again and find a role in the team.

PJ needs to stay. Jamar will need a chop out and he is one player that can create a contest in the forward line. Greeny seemed like he was triple teamed the whole game last week as we didnt have other dangerous talls creating space. PJ in the goal square could challenge the backline of the Tigers.

I think that Scully is great but not far off a rest, but maybe he can get through the rest of the year?

From Chris Connolly on Saturday; Trengove had still not recovered from his injury before the Brisbane game and is still only a 50/50 for this weekends game vs Richmond.

Why then did he play for Casey on the Sunday ? Every time he came to the interchange, he got a lower back (hip) massage .... though he didn't seem inconvenienced on the field

I think Aussie is in more danger than Bennell and I am sure that they won't drop more than 1 of Jurrah, Aussie and Bennell.

out - Aussie, Bail

in - Moloney, Trengove

If Moloney fails to get up Aussie stays in as Bail's role is closer to Trenners than Aussie's

MFC website now reports that Beamer is a good chance to return for the Dees this week - just has to get through the rest of the training sessions this week.

IN: Trengove, Moloney

OUT: Bail, P. Johnson*

* We do NOT need two ruckmen against Richmond!! It'd be a pure waste of a player if we played PJ...

Out: Jurrah & Bennell.

In: Moloney & Trengove.

Junior will play, his 250th is not far away and he deserves this honour. On form this year he is still in our best 22 but sadly he might not be there next year. (list management)

Have not read all the posts here but the early ones all think Bennell should be dropped.

If so I ask who will play the defensive role he does on the most damaging/running HBF for the opposition?

I think Bennell does a good job of that and if he can get his goal kicking a little better it would raise him up a lot more.

How often is he out outlet across half forward where we kick the ball over his head and he burns off the opposition?